by Sahil dwiwedi on 2016-01-08
I was confused between Nikon 5200d, 3300d and canon 1200d. After going through a lot of research I realize that d5200 is the best of the lot and costed me about 26k with that 18-55mm lens.
A friend told that it's actually the lens that works in a DSLR , not the body and suggested me to go with canon which was coming with a 55-250mm lens.
And now think this is the most wise decision I had took in my life.
The camera is just awesome with the 55-250mm lens that brings a smile on my face.
* the 55-250 lens is just brilliant . covers a wide zooming range and blurs the background. Seriously speaking the 18-55mm lens is of no use to me after having this.
* the camera really takes good images and you would not be left to desire more.
* the battery life is just awesome. I took about 350 shots a day and the battery was still full.
* the built in camera flash is best for night portraits. It has a wide coverage.
As of now no problem
The product should have been checked as I the camera was already "used"
by Amazon Customer on 2016-03-09
The camera is good but when I received the camera. It already had photos clicked of a girl and a hotel room which was squire disappointing as I didn't paid for a used item
by Boss on 2014-10-28
I am into photography for 17 years now and this is my third SLR camera. I was a bit surprised with the number of 5 stars this camera is getting and was wondering if this really deserves this.
Simply put, the Canon 1200d is to dSLR what a Tata nano is to cars. There are the BMWs, Audis and the Swifts, but only cost does not give this a Five stars!
Most of the 5 stars are from 1st time SLR users who are in the so called honey moon period. I am not saying this camera is bad, but this is being over hyped here.
Remember, this camera has its limitations due to its low cost build. There are so many point and shoot cameras at the 12K range that have better build, resolution, zoom, aperture, display screen, good glass lens, panel and what not? Most of the features in dSLR are things which you would NEVER use and that’s the reason I am saying please get a camera for your requirement and not just because you are getting a cheap dSLR.
Do not sell your Harley Davison to buy a Tata Nano. This is a doctor’s prescription, what works for me may not work for you. I am just trying to be sensible here.
My two cents to all proud owners –
1. Canon has given you a wonderful lens. Do not spoil it with a UV filter. Most filters sold are just glass pieces that do more harm than good to the photos.
2. Try to put the cam on Manual focus. Half click as you focus till you get the beep. It takes time to learn but this will give you sensational pics and also will save the battery and the lens. Remember lens can get damaged if it is in AF and you try to focus manually.
3. Never change the lens in a dusty place. Invisible dust can enter the cam and can cause blurring in picture.
Canon Support Issue! -PRAMIT
by PRAMIT CHHACHHIA on 2015-03-05
First, check if you are registering the right way.
Visit edge.canon.co.in. Get a user account by registering your details. Sign-in. Click on "Register Your Product" button. Follow the instructions displayed. During this registration process, keep a soft-copy of the Invoice, and your camera/lens' serial numbers (these numbers are printed on the outer-right side panel of sealed box along with bar codes). The Camera body, 18-55 lens, 55-250 lens have unique serial numbers for each of them. All these three are to be registered one after the other. Typically the camera body serial number will have more digits than the lens. Let's use a hypothetical example, say these are the numbers found on the box: (11)123456789012, (22)1234567890, (33)0987654321. The first one should be of the Camera body and the other two are of the Lenses. When registering, omit the content within parantheses and use the remaining part. Going by the same example considered above, you should use 123456789012 to register the camera body, and so on.
If the above still fails:
There is an option to raise an "Escalation" from Canon Edge India product registration web page itself. Basically, it's our opportunity to tell Canon India that a camera with the Serial Number is bought in India, on a specific date.
Canon India immediately issues an Escalation Tracking ID on our e-mail.
Internally, Canon India validates how the camera with the specific serial number came into India, whether it was a legal import by Canon India Pvt Ltd., or not, whether it's a brand new camera/used one elsewhere, etc., and they will inform the final status back to us on our e-mail ID. Assuming it is all genuine and Canon processed the escalation in our favor, product in our hand can be registered to avail warranty and other benefits.
In case there is no response within, say, 5 to 10 working days:
Carry the camera along with lenses, the box and the Invoice to your nearest Canon Service Center. They will be able to do a manual inspection & advise your options.
I am very much satisfied with this product
by Abc on 2016-10-11
Ordered this product on 4th Oct, 2016, I am very lucky to get this product for 20k.
I am very much satisfied with this product.
I would advice people who are interested in buying this product to take dual lens combo.
The quality of pictures taken from 55-250mm IS lens is amazing.
I have seen in many reviews where people have said the carry bag was not good, but I felt the bag is good.
This camera is very good for beginners.
A very powerful tool for those learning photography and enthusiasts alike
by Manish Bhoola on 2014-11-25
A remarkable first camera for any DSLR / Photography enthusiast. The coupled offer of the second lens makes this a clear winner over the Nikon D3300 even if it sports features which may be better or advanced compared to this one, however its not just about the immediate camera needs which you should consider.
1) You are buying a very capable photography system. If you want to learn photography do it the hard traditional way keeping out all the bells and whistles of high end models. The only difference between this and other high end models from canon would be the number of clicks per second, or the number of AF points and other features which will actually distract a learner. Even if basic this model offers no less picture / image quality over other higher end APS-C cameras from Cannon or Nikon. There is zero compromise in this area. Many skills you need to acquire such as use in manual mode, HDR photography, understanding depth of field, learning light metering modes, studying histograms, raw image post processing are well learned on this basic model without any hindrances or limitations in features. This is very important for you to know.
2) once you are done with the initial kit lens you will want to invest in other lenses which will add so much more flexibility to this camera. This will bring out the true power of a canon DSLR as the lens system you invest in will continue to be usable in higher and advanced bodies you invest in the future. As you learn the art, adding a 50mm prime, a fast tele photo lens will prove its value of investing in a Canon system
3) If you intend to use it just casually for better photographs over standard point and shoot camera then again anything else in higher models should not interest you as the image quality / auto features of this and all higher end ASPS-C DSLR cameras up to 7D will be the same. Investing more money in a camera with more features for use in auto mode will not be of any use, so why spend more ?
4) The software which comes along with it is quite capable and there is a tutorial on youtube to learn its use. Make use of it to enhance your images.
5) Get Corel Paintshop Pro X7 at a great price. Don't despair over professional photographs looking grand due to photoshop, For amateurs, Corel comes up neck to neck for most tasks.
Just go for this model, invest in some other essential lenses and cultivate the hobby ! Good luck
A great buy for beginners
by Shahbaz Ahmed on 2015-03-03
A great camera at entry level for beginners. And with 14% discount on it (when i bought), i didn't give it a second thought. What matters more in photography is ones own creativity and a camera is just a tool that allows you to achieve it. So i'd recommend Canon 1200D to all those who are willing to buy a DSLR. Attached are 2 pics that i've clicked with it. So you can compare the image quality.
keep calm and click with Canon 1200d
by Hari on 2016-10-13
Oh Man, you cant ask anything better than this at this budget.... Exclusively for beginners, its is rocking cool and it comes handy with your clicks.
Grabbed this in Lightening deal @ 19999 /-, keep calm and click with Canon 1200d
by ARNAB GHOSH on 2016-04-24
This is the best entry level DSLR. Within this price we are getting 2 lenses. 18-55mm & 55-250mm.
Build quality is too good. Image quality is excellent. Battery backup is up to the mark.
by arun gandhi on 2016-10-15
Superb deal at 20k and the product is amazing.. totally loved it.. as usual on time by Amazon.. 55_250 lens cover was little problematic.. but works fine after several uses..
AMAZON SERVICE + CANON QUALITY = AMAZED and SMILE ON MY FACE :)
by Amazon Customer on 2015-10-16
First of all AMAZON - YOU ARE AMAZING .. So much concerned about the camera purchase thru online eventhough i purchased some good electronics purchases already,, PACKING, DELIVERY, PRODUCT all are Awesome.
Now CANON EOS 1200D - As a beginner in DSLR Photography, thought i will take long time to learn to take sharp clear photos, but after a 1 day learning (Online tips and tricks) and usage of My CANON, i started clicking a nice sharp photos. Thanks to the Image stabilizer and DIGIC 4 Processor (Pretty old but GOLD).
Adding all these i bought in the Festive Sale with OFFER which given me Double happiness.
OVERALL - Worth Buying at this Price range
Thanks amazon for the best deal for my dream camera
by Amazon Customer on 2015-10-22
Thanks amazon for the best deal for my dream camera. Bought it for 21,499. No other e- commerce website can beat ur price and quality of service. A must buy camera for a beginner in photography..Loved the Auto intelegent scene mode. Attaching some of the best clicks of mine.
Excellent Camera for beginners
by Nikhil K. on 2015-09-10
Excellent Camera for beginners ..I bought it 6 months back and this camera made me learn photography ..The zoom lens is amazing ..
One more thing .Trust me you are not going to find any difference in the images taken by this and the models like 650D etc..The image quality and more AFpoint selection available only in models 5d, 7d etc..So if you dont have to budget to go for that models, better invest in this ..The models just above these are high priced just due to the body make, better LCD(foldable etc) and independent button controls (separate button for ISO , aperture etc).This doesnt matter for beginners ....so this is a top rated item..Buy it and start clicking..and remember no advanced point and shoot can meet the image quality of DSLR (even if it has 100X zoom ) ..Happy clicking...Attaching some of my pics which I took using Canon 1200d/18-55mm/55-200mm..
View all 2944 Reviews