Value for Money--Nothing to match its Zoom of 30X at this price.
by Chethan Achar on 2013-04-07
Hi -- I am nature freak and treak atleast once a Month and certainly wanted a Camera which has a Decent ZooM( Decent Definition is was anything above 10X).
I just bought this a week back and pretty impressed with its Manual feature options and Looks---I like it slightly more than my wife.
1. Not required a Net strap as it is just 360grams and dont feel really heavy
2. Very Light on hand and Pocket too.......
3. 30X Zoom optical is Amazing and 30x additiona zoon on Digital can go upto 60X on Day light only( dont try this on Low light)
4. video is pretty good with HD ready and its not a full HD ready --which is pretty decent.
5. Speed of saving the clicked photo and getting ready for next is pretty good -- i suppose it is less than 2 Sec's. thanks for the DIGIC Processor
1. Battery : Certainly needs more power
2. Certainly not a DSLR-- but has almost all features
3. Zoom above 30X has a Noise and needs a lot of stability may be a Tripod should help
4. Screen Brightness is low-- can be changed to higher resolution but drains battery
5. GPS-- a Big time miss.
Else i am loving it and is VFM--Value for Money , Feel like a SLR and does beyond a point and Shoot.
Loving its Zoom, Must say Flipkart is doing a Fantastic JOB!!!!
Superlative Performance. Excellent Manual Settings. Traveler Friendly. Almost an SLR.
by Mustufa Baldiwala on 2013-05-03
I purchased this camera on 2nd April. Used it for a month, for the industrial product and medical product photos. I have mainly used this camera indoors (clicking small parts / products packings). Here is my review after 800+ pictures:
1) Excellent Manual Settings
2) Very good under Low Light Conditions
3) Image Stability is good
4) Compact size and light weight
5) Very user friendly functions
1) Panorama feature is not available. But that is the case with every Canon Camera and I think Canon users are aware of this.
2) The frame shakes a lot at 30x optical. But again, this is with every make and model.
Who should buy?
Those who are looking for a bridge camera which is compact and light weight. This is a traveler friendly camera where you don't want to carry heavy lenses but want to capture SLR type images.
Awesome camera under 20K
by Prashant Kumar on 2012-10-15
I have bought this camera when it just arrived in india.
i have very good experience using this camera.it has a compact body and gives 30x optical zoom.
Awesome looks.features like setting ISO manually has a separate button.Zoom framing assistance button also given which helps to locate objects.
Very good camera with this price range
by NIREN PRAJAPATI on 2013-05-29
This is the one of the best product I have used till in my life. it is very good in clarity of photos. the lamp of the camera is enough to take photo in dark in night. It is also very good for distance scene. I recommend others to buy this product as of my experience
Best camera in for ammeture photographers
by Devang Vyas on 2013-11-30
I like this camera because:
- Very slim, low weight. It is an huge difference then other bulky bridge cameras in this range. I checked Nikon 820 and Sony H300 along with this in store. And this is the best one.
- Lithium battery, Fast to Charge. Nikon and Sony has AA batteries.
- Image Stabilizer is really good.
- Nikon 820 has CMOS sensor, but I compared images from Nikon 820 and this camera. There is no major difference.
- Color detailing of this camera is better then Sony and Nikon.
I do not see major cons for it.
I would determinately recommend this product to:
- Beginners who want to capture good shots
- Want to purchase a good camera in budget
by Genuin one on 2013-06-12
In this price range there is no other camera that can beat this one.
For those who want to feel SLR but can't due to pocket i highly recommend this one.
There is only one drawback that it takes some time to focus at 25 or 30x zoom otherwis a greate camera highly compatible,photo clearty is awesome
And for those who think sensor is weak and...... Go for SLR you dont't deserve to own this camera
by DjZia Prodigal Son on 2013-02-07
The cheap CCD senor is big drawback in this camera for this price range. Im wondering why canon did not use CMOS sensor which would have increased the image quality in low light conditions and also faster FPS performance
Big things comes in small packages !!!
by Dr Nilesh Deshmukh on 2013-10-09
Synopsis - Pros
1. Light weight - Very comfortable to hold & carry anywhere at entry level photography
2. User Friendly - Need not to be a professional photographer to use it
3. Awesome Clarity - on LCD, laptop & on print media
4. Superb Zoom - 30 X optical & 60 X smart zoom is too good at this price
5. Smart Auto mode - with 32 scene detection
6. Practically High Resolution images & videos
7. Cost Effective - Worth buying at this cost
Synopsis - Cons
1. Heavy battery consumption on video recording, needs a back up battery for long shoots
2. Pop up flash - Mechanical task rather than electronic
3. Not for professionals who are used to bulky ones.
Best for the amateur photographers & entry level photographers !!!
Best buy only on Flipkart ! Got it for 13 K in just 2 days of order !!! Happy me :)
by Arpit on 2013-06-30
Good camera at this price. Stylish, SLR feel, Compact, Good zoom. I heard this model is getting discontinued shortly, if anyone interested, go for it. Best buy at Flipkart price.
Go for canon, specialized in professional cameras..!!
Not for proffesional Photography: Noisy Picture
by Somnath Chatterjee on 2013-12-22
Though the 30x optical zoom is amazing and it can be used as a telescope,the pictue quality is not good....it is too much noisy and details are not available in the telephoto, suppose Bird....it is because most probably for small ccd sensor. I think the sensor should be CMOS. More over the manual focus facility also not available in this camera, it creats too much problem to soot an object while the object is in darkness but in the bachground there is light. But the main problem is the noise on photo, specially for Bird photography. For this reason no picture will be accepted for exhibition purpose.
View all 29 Reviews