Nikon Coolpix S6300 Vs DSC-W690
by Alok Saroj on 2012-11-08
Guys Nikon S6300 & Sony DSC W-690 are of similar price range and both brand known for its imaging quality.On comparing both let's checkout the main difference between these two-
'N' stands for Nikon & 'S' for Sony
2-LCD screen size
3-Blur free mode
N-Highly professional with lots of features which can be used only when you have all the operating knowledge.
S-User friendly and a person using this for the first time can use it without any hesitation
5-Red eye reduction
..................So think and then buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice camera at an attractive price
by Rahul on 2012-06-08
This is comparatively a recent model and offers quite a lot of features like 16 megapixel camera, 10X optical zoom, 3D panorama sweep, inbuilt presets for capturing in different environments and light mode that you would definitely want in a camera.
I had a tough time choosing between this and Nikon coolpix S6300..I went in for this one and im not disappointed at all.
the one thing that looked more attractive in sony was the image processing software that this camera comes with. Its way faster and gives excellent results. I heard somewhr that the software in nikon takes a little bit longer to process and give you the image...bt its not that big a difference if u are using a class 10 SD card.
All in all, a very good deal at the offered price :)
by Arnab Ghosh on 2012-07-26
Extremely Awsome Camera!! Brought it last week... Really impressed with the zoom.. Clarity is alwez good when it comes to any cybershot.. Night scapes are very good.. And the macro mode for close pics is the best feature of this camera!!! No other company camera can give give u the quality this camera delivers... dont think too much... just BUT IT!!!!
by dr. aniket sirohi on 2013-02-17
1. clean and pleasing picture quality
2. 10x zoom
4. sony branding with 3 year warranty
5. no picture degradation even after 400 iso opposite to what happens in others in same range like Nikon s6300
6. 230 cipa rating but u can take upto 300 shots in day light with auto mode
7. powerful flash
8. fun to use digital filters esp partial colors
9.intelligent auto mode is better than competition like Nikon and canon but not better than Panasonic.
1. ccd sensor is slow in this unit
a. shot to shot time 1.without flash- 2.6 sec
2. with flash- 6.5 sec
( for comparison sake Panasonic lumix sz1 with same ccd sensor has values as 1.3 sec and 2.8 sec)
2. no 1080p recording ( Nikon s6300 provides as it has cmos sensor)
3. hand grip is not good....not suitable for people with large hands
4. shutter button is very filmsy...u may actually take photo while focusing and also optical zooming is through separate buttons
5. zooming is slow and pics tends to get blurry even if u shake it minimally
6. night mode is not optimized with lots of noise in pics
7. screen is not good quality with very difficult to view in bright sunlight.
8. no hdmi output....competition in same price range has got it
1. Nikon s6300- pros- cmos sensor, 1080p recording, hdmi output
cons- bad pic quality, too much softness in corners of photo, noisy pics
2. Panasonic lumix dmc-sz1- pros- fast ccd sensor, awesome auto mode, easy to navigate menus, clear picture quality
cons- again noisy pics above 200 iso, post sales service is not available everywhere, video recording is bit choppy, no hdmi output
3. sony dsc-wx50- pros- exmor- cmos sensor with 1080p recording, hdmi output
cons- only 5x zoom, grainy pics in low light
overall w690 is a good product for casual clickers and people new in photography but enthusiasts should somewhere else...a good place to start is dsc-wx150, canon s90, s100, Nikon s8200, Panasonic tz-20....
by Animesh Sinha on 2012-08-13
First of all the delivery aspect of Flipkart: It is awesome as usual.
However, the camera is short of expectations.
Pic quality is excellent but it has some shortcomings for point and shoot camera for sure:
1. Too much lag in focus. If u don't have patience u will feel it.
2. Too small and closely placed buttons
3. If you want to see the pics , processing time is an irritant at times.
At this price, there are better options no doubt. I am not very happy using it but stuck with it for sometime now.
by Divya raj on 2012-12-16
My first Purchase by Flipkart.Sony Cybershot DSC-W690 Point & Shoot (Red) ,It is an excellent Product which fullfill our specific requirement with special features 10x Zoom and 16.1 megapixel.Good Picture quality ...worth the money product.
by Vivek Sood on 2012-11-30
First & foremost thing is brand (Sony) at the same time this particular camera does not let you down but exceeds the expectations by delivering crystal sharp images from such a compact frame at this price, though display is a bit disappointing lacking anti reflection coating on its LCD but that should not deter anyone to buy this small wonder!
Superb cam for beginners
by Ponnanna on 2013-01-03
I purchased it last week after so much of research..Really good camera with good features, works fine & fast, good picture quality. I liked it. Worth buying Sony cybershot Point & shoot
Superb Cam in this range !!!
Sony Cybershot W-690 Rocks !!!
by Prem on 2012-12-13
The best model at this price range. Most interesting part is you just point to the scenery & shoot it. You don't need to hold camera for few seconds to capture an image.
And as usual Flipkart fascinated me with their packaging & on time delivery.
Sony Cybershot DSC-W690
by PTV Rao on 2012-11-19
Its a Good Camera with smart looking & worth to price. Flipkart delivered in-time as promised. We are using the camera and by exertising only we need to know the more details about it. Price of the product flipkart is similar as compared to outside, only thing is we have to get the original product, as I belived.
View all 31 Reviews
Awesome product from Sony...
by Utsav on 2013-11-23
I loved this product...
Cons: Very good zoom quality, Can output to TV, Many more picture modes etc....
Very good product at this price you expect..
by Amazon Customer on 2016-07-12
View all 2 Reviews