Eye candy with some substance...
by Tyagarajan S on 2014-10-15
Somewhere inside the predictable world of camera design, some maverick in Canon decided to innovate - and this is one of the results. For better or for worse, Canon Powershot N stands out. With its own unique form-factor, squarish design and lack of buttons where they are supposed to be (where the hell is the shutter release and zoom?), it has no problems standing out. For a gadget geek like me, that in itself is enough of a motivation to shell out this price for getting holding of one. However, it is difficult to look at this as more than just an eye-candy gimmick targeting the 'Instagram' crowd. Even there, it does not really offer the super-flexibility of a smartphone in being able to connect and upload the shots.
- It is fun and innovative and that should become the point of point-and-shoots going forward
- Smallish enough to easily pocket and carry around
- Decent compact zoom camera - the zoom is optical stabilized and is definitely more 'real' than any smartphone claims
- Flip up touch / LED viewing screen.
- Sensitive and easy to use touch screen
- Cute. If that's a thing in itself.
- The creative filters with the random additional variants option - its even a great tool to explore, experiment and learn about different ways you can capture / showcase the same shot
- The zoom ring and the shutter rings that are placed on the sides of the camera. This is intimidating in the beginning but begins to feel intuitive especially when holding the camera at weird angles and for one handed shots.Still, its difficult to overcome years of being trained to use a shutter button on the top.
- Has only a marginally bigger sensor than mainstream top-end smartphones
- LED flash that's harsh and unflattering
- View screen does not flip all the way up - how would the 'selfie' crowd use this? Seems like a big oversight when that appears to be the segment this camera is targeting to begin with.
Summary: Great concept. May excite pure gadgetry geeks and maybe someone looking for a decent step up from smartphone cameras but with added convenience. Thumbs up for innovation.
by lakshmi bhavani on 2015-02-03
excellent-little tricky to master to click-but once u get used to it --the pictures ar excellent
by nikita bajaj on 2015-06-28
Its an awsum camera.. Actually I wanted a very light weight camera and canon powershot n is the right and perfect for me..The shots I clicked are crystal clear..And first of all a big thank you to amazon for the quick and prompt service..The packing was superb..Thanks again..
Handy and got it at best Price.. !!
by Aditi Joshi on 2015-07-31
Was a gift to my Father.. and he loved it.. Small and Super.. Awsm Picture Quality.. :) the only thing was i got a very delayed delivery of this product.. which is not expected from Amazon.. !! otherwise the Camera is awsm.. :)
by Ekata on 2014-11-09
awesome camera.... really cool... I love it!!!!
Awesome camera, love the screen tilt and way to ...
by Dev M. on 2015-08-28
Awesome camera, love the screen tilt and way to take pictures in this sets this camera apart. Photo quality is fine and works upto expectation.
by Joshi Pankti on 2014-11-09
small and powerful
by SURESH KUMAR BENIWAL on 2015-01-09
size some small
by nidhan on 2014-11-09
Quality is below average.
by venkatesu on 2014-10-31
its very good camera and compact
View all 13 Reviews