Nikon S9500 is a very good/advanced camera, but...
by Girish Krishnamurthy on 2013-07-27
I purchased this one month ago. It was very easy to setup. The picture quality is great for normal photography. The 22X zoom is better than any other camera in point-and-shoot category. But the 4X digital zoom is not useful because of heavy pixilation. So if you are buying to shoot wildlife or nature etc., it may not be useful, you are advised to go for digital SLR with appropriate zoom lens.. There are a few things which are irritating-
1. The Flash is on left side on top, and when it pops up, our fingers will obstruct it's pop up mechanism, I wish Nikon had put it in the center above the lens.
2. The stereo mics are small holes on the top side of the camera which again could get covered with your fingers, wish they were facing the front of the camera, which would be more logical to capture all sound. Being on top, they capture mainly the voice of the person shooting, which is not useful.
3. The GPS feature and Compass feature, which interesting are useless for normal photography so maybe S9400 might be better since it's the same camera but without these features and can save some money
4. The software for video editing is almost useless, I have still not understood how to use it, while I am not a geek techie, I am fairly IT savvy to learn most software by trial and error. Here I am not even sure how to begin, there is almost no intuitive feature.
5. The Panaroma mode, is only at Infinity zoom, so if you take the digital image and try to zoom in on the image on your computer, you see heavy pixilation.
But overall, it is best in class product you can get at this price point.. Most average consumers will not be unhappy with this product. Only those who are looking for some wildlife zooming might be a bit disappointed.
Nikon coolpix: Its a cool pics......... :)
by Mandar Kadekar on 2013-10-17
I got this camera yesterday.Its awesome camera...Photo quality is awesome.There is only one probs is that the flash.This camera is no use for left handlers. The 22X zoom is very good.Well its a nikon so dont worry about colors & image clarity.The well-priced Nikon Coolpix S9500 has an impressive zoom range for its size and weight. It has a full assortment of automatic shooting options and can capture HD movies as well as slow-motion clips. Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to directly send photos from the camera to iOS or Android devices.With its long lens and compact size, plus extras like built-in Wi-Fi and GPS, the Nikon Coolpix S9500 is a very good point-and-shoot travel companion.
Picture quality is good to very good.Detail is very good at its base ISO, By the time you get to ISO 800, subjects start to look soft and flat and colors start to look dull.
There's a Fixed Range Auto option that will limit you to ISO 125-400 or ISO 125-800; I recommend using the former outdoors and latter indoors when possible.
& Its is a higher end camera in coolpix series now...So guys its a very good camera.....
Best camera in its category
by Pooja Thakur on 2016-09-23
After using it for almost 2 years and taking pics of beautiful rajasthan, I can say that its the best in category. Must Buy.
Easy to use
Awesome zoom and picture quality
Battery life, could have been better
no flash light for video recording
Needs a little improvement
by Arjun Malhotra on 2014-04-09
Pros - Great Specs
Great Quality images
Cons - The pop up flash is placed at the wrong position. It should have been in the centre.
Adds too much of saturation ( turns images yellowish ) but only if you click the image without flash.
Focusing is faulty sometimes. The green box comes but the object stays out of focus.
I'd recommend this camera for daily use.
your price of NIKON S9500 is more than market
by Manohar Jazzy on 2013-12-31
I have purchased NIKON S9500 from Muzaffarpur, BIHAR at Rs16,500.00 only(sixteen thousand and five hundred).
but flipkart is selling at Rs17,055.00
overall this S9500 is great camera for personal use.
love this take it without a blink.
by harcharn singh on 2013-11-11
love this the 22x optical zoom is awesome and works like charm. the image quality is superb. always consider the silver colour because it gives the camera a luxury and levish look but hte other three colours are waste of money.
Nikon Coolpix s9500 is very Delicated, Usefull, and Coolest gadget....Use it well .. (^_^)
by Aritra Banerjee on 2013-10-16
This camera is awesome .. 22x Zoom is better.
In Short it's one of the Good, handful, and Updated camera..
Nikon coolpix the real pix
by Aravindh Raaj Velayutham on 2013-05-01
Nikon 9500 , this gadget i purchased before 5 days . the handling is been in good touch . the image clarity brights good ,only probs is that the flash elevation should have been above the lens . If u want to have Nikon cool pix , go for this ..
View all 8 Reviews