D3200 is a nice camera!!!
by Sunil Khera on 2012-06-23
Last week I bought Nikon D3200. It was like my dream fullfilled. After searching and reviewing tons of sites, I ended my search on D3200 as Camera and Flipkart as Seller.
First of all I would tell you the future buyers or who have been using other cameras (in this category) that D3200 is much better camera than previous models like D3100 or D5100 or in Canon 550D. People who compare this with 550D or D3100/D5100 don't know that D3200 is the second best camera in sensor performance after Nikon 800. And its hardware features is being compared to Nikon Flagship Camera D800. Let me tell you why this camera is better than others.
- Sensor of D3200 is second best sensor amongst all hi-end
- Processor of D3200 is same as Nikon Flagship Camera D4 (Reader can find it on Nikon site)
People (all of us) who claim that image quality and ISO sensitivity of D5100 is better than D3200 because they are just reading testing lab result, otherwise normal or expert user can't tell the distinguish be it D3100 / D3200 or 550D/600D.
I just started using this camera and have posted some pix on my facebook and flickr and I got really really good response.
And above all, I would like to thanks "Flipkart Team" who helped me get my dream fulfilled. I got my camera before the committed time i.e. in less than 24 hr of my purchase order. (except Sunday).
I am giving this Camera 4 out 5 star because my hands are bigger and size of this camera is bit small for me. :)
PS : This is unbiased feedback. I am praising D3200 not for that because I have bought it. I just wanted to buy latest launched camera. D3200 was launched in April 2012. Rest are almost 2 years old cameras. But still I love D3100 / D5100 / 550D / 660D, because all are same.
Nice Experience with Flipkart..!!!
by NITIN ROKADE on 2014-08-31
Flipkart delivered this Camera within 2 days with good packing. Thanks for such fastest delivery. Price also very reasonable. I am very Happy to buy this camera on Flipkart.
Nikon D3200 DSLR Camera is a Great Camera. I used this product from last 2 weeks.
1. Very easy to use because of Guide mode and Auto mode
2. Best Quality of Photo with 24 Megapixels
3. Fast performance with Expeed 3 image processor
4. Nice HD video recording
5. Great photos in low light with Flash
6. 11 focus points helps to achieve sharply focused images
7. 3 inch LCD screen useful for the videos recording
8. Software is user friendly, easy to access and make changes in setting
9. 18-55 mm Lens provides great picture quality.
10. Dust reduction, image sensor cleaning function is too good.
11. Light weight and Nice Design which provides comfortable while using it
12. DSLR Tutorial DVD is very helpful before using the DSLR Camera
1. Full charged battery clicked only 150 photos with LCD display. It may increase while using only viewfinder
2. No other cons found.
by Ravi S. on 2012-11-17
Here are a few reasons to go for the D5100 over the D3200, for those who are undecided and just can't make up their minds:
(1) Better low-light performance - with 16.2MPixels, the noise at high-ISO settings is better than the D3200 (which provides 24MPixels on a marginally smaller sensor). The 24MPixels gives the D3200 a resolution of ~129 line-pairs/mm, while the 16.2 MPixels gives the D5100 a resolution of ~104 lp/mm. Even a high-end exotic lens will provide a maximum optical resolution of ~50 lp/mm, which means that the 104 lp/mm sensor of the D5100 already outresolves the lens. So go for the lower noise, better low light performing D5100.
(2) Auto exposure and white balance bracketing: Believe it or not, the D3200 does not have an AE/WB bracketing option! The D5100 on the other hand allows auto-bracketing in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments, and in addition, provides an in-camera HDR option (which I rarely use, but there it is).
(3) Active D-Lighting: More options in the D5100 (Auto, High+, High, Normal, Low), i.e. more control for improving dynamic range, vs. ADL on/off in the D3200.
(4) Less expensive: Save your money on the body and use it on the lenses - go for the 70-300mm/55-300mm zoom, or the 50mm/1.8G prime lens to complement the 18-55mm kit lens.
(5) And of course, there's the flip-out screen in the D5100.
by Dev Kalyan Gupta on 2013-04-24
Its a great camera..and this entire thing about entry level and professional is a gimmick by the companies to sell their so called higher end models..unless you make a living by taking pictures, it makes no sense to spend lakhs on a camera..if you have to spend money, spend it on a good lens, cos that will give you the best result, and if you have a great lens, you don't need anything more than a D3200..here's why..it is extremely handy..good high ISO performance..good video features..what else do you need ?? People also get confused regarding the brand..the immediate competition is the canon 600d..well, one thing that i must say is that canon does better video..just a little better..a difference not huge enough to matter..if you are looking at still and video combined, nikon does much better..canon gives you glossy pictures, while nikon gives you a more film like result, that actually looks better..and you can always gloss it up on photoshop..If you have a good eye, and know the basics of photography, you can do wonders with the D3200..Its a camera that you can use for ages..and ya, get it from a local camera shop, they sell it at a cheaper rate compared to flipkart, and u'll also get better freebies.
Nice Camera, Great image quality, lower noise with higher ISO
by Arka Mitra on 2013-04-23
Nikon D3200 is pretty nice camera with lots of features, great image quality, lower noise levels even in high iso settings.. Two main rivals of the camera in this price range is Canon 600D & Nikon D5100...I am going to discuss them comparatively.....
1.Megapixels..(megapixels helps you to get high resolution, so that you can crop your primary image and you will still get high quality images)----
D3200- 24.1MP (so D3200 gives you high quality images, and gets about 30% more detail in images)
2. Autofocus Motor..(body AF motor lets you to auto focus with more lenses)---
600D- Body AF motor
D5100- Lens Af motor
D3200- Lens Af motor
3. HDR mode.. (it lets you get high image dynamic range even in backlight situations)---
D5100 has HDR mode, which is nice, but you can also do that with D3200 or 600D, later in any editing software..
4. AF points..(helps to focus perfectly)---
600D- 9 AF points.
D5100- 11 AF points.
D3200- 11 AF points.
5. Night shooting--
D3200 is simply better than others in this case, it has very low noise levels even in higher iso settings, trust me, this is amazing.
6. Colour depth and Image quality--
D3200 has much better colour depth, higher image quality, wide dynamic range than others in this case.
7. Sensor size--
D3200 and D5100 both have about 10% larger sensor than 600D
8. Battery life--
D5100-- 660 shots
D3200-- 540 shots
600D-- 440 shots
9. Flip out screen..(good for video shooting)--
10. Video quality--
all the cameras have Full HD 1080p video shooting mode, but D3200 has continous autofocus system in video mode, it is a very nice feature...on the other hand 600D has much more manual control on video shooting..
Finally I can recommend you to buy D3200 if you are really interested in still photography and also videography. I am sure this product will satisfy all your needs, but if you want much more control on video shooting you may consider buying 600D. (but keep it on mind that D3200 is much better in image quality, color depth, night photography, dynamic range, image resolution than 600D).
I am currently using Nikon D3200, and trust me, you won't regret this buy....
Another thing is that if you are ready to pay about 10k more then you may buy Nikon D5200, which is a really beautiful camera. D5200 has all the good features of these 3 cameras..
Good choice... Wireless adapter is awesome
by Sathish Kumar P on 2013-02-26
Bought this camera just the next day of its launch in India, and Nikon delivered what I expected for.
Its a good choice if you're new to photography and I love it...
* Awesome photo quality even in low lights (night lights, or inside home)
* 24MP helps when you want to crop an image
* Auto focusing is ok and good image stabilization with its default kit lens (18-55, VR-2 lens)
* Good battery backup
* No flipping screen
Additional accessories you might need:
* UV filter. Its just to protect your lens. Most of the shops will give it for free (else might cost you 100).
* A tripod. If you want to be a photographer (or look like a photographer), its a necessary one. Even this you might get it for free.
* External flash (optional). The default flash is fair enough. If you're expecting good lighting effect for your indoor effect, you might need one. I bought "Nikon Speedlight SB-400" and its worth. But again, its an optional one.
I bought it in G.K Vale for ~37K (tripod, uv filter, 4GB memory card, bag, lens cleaning set and 100 free photographs in g.k vale)
It was not available in flipkart that time but now it has with better price.
An Intermediate Upgrade From Its Predecessor; The D3100
by Aaditya Ailawadhi on 2012-06-04
The Nikon D3200 is a great intermediate level dslr shooter's companion, it has a 24MP Sensor, but most photographers know that the megapixels don't matter much, its the sensor that does, the Nikon D3100 on the other hand is a camera aimed towards beginners looking to get into DSLR photography, in my opinion it is a better buy, and for 4-5000 rupees more, all your really getting is (in terms of specifications) a bump in megapixels and a microphone input port, in conclusion, I can still recommend the Nikon D3200, but really to a specific crowd rather than the slighter larger majority which would be better off with the D3100. :)
by Nissi John Panna on 2014-08-31
It has got all the features for an amateur photographer and it will satisfy ur needs if u r a former point n shoot photographer....
photo quality is excellent and video is very crisp...
If u gonna use it for the first time...i mean dslr...u better have to learn some basics of photography...it will help u to take better pictures...using correct settings.I am a satisfied buyer of Nikon D3200...
An Upgrade for cameras older than the Nikon D3000
by Ross on 2012-06-08
Buy this camera only if are upgrading from a point and shoot one,or if you own a DSLR which is older than the Nikon D3000 (and other Canon equivalents).
Buying your first camera?
Make it this one.
And Flipkart,kindly add some freebies to it,like a Tripod...
18-55 vs 18-105 kit lens choose wisely
by Hrushikesh patel on 2014-01-17
If you are more inclined towards telephoto zoom requirements like wild life photography then go for 18-55 and additional lens of 55-200 or 70-300. consider that 18-55 has too short zoom capabilities resulting in frequent requirement of interchanging of lenses even for routine photography including indoor as well. changing lens is certainly very inconvenient and also compels us to carry additional lens with bag wherever we go. but if you are more inclined towards in house photography, portraits and other routine photography with limited zoom requirement....then go for 18-105 lens kit. this has decent zoom capacity which is good enough for mentioned uses. it is costlier then 2 lens option if compared in terms of total zoom range availability but believe me its very convenient when you need not to carry any other lens with you for frequent interchanging for most of the time. From me 4 star for this kit instead of 5 as delivered 1 day late then committed. overall experience with flipkart is great. packing was really appreciable.
The best beginner's DSLR!
by Sinu Chandrasenan on 2012-07-10
I am a beginner and I wanted a DSLR for a long time. My wish was granted recently when I bought this great camera from Flipkart. I did a lot of research before I decided to go for the D3200. Initially, I wanted to go for the Canon 600D, bit when I compared it with Nikon D3200, I found the Nikon worthy and decided to give it a shot. The camera is of top notch built quality and is a pleasure to use. It holds firmly and is also easier to use than I thought it was. The user guide mode is of great use especially to beginners, even though I mostly use the manual mode. The lens are awesome. The free carry bag I got with this camera was unexpectedly of great quality. It is compact and has a leather finish. Great stuff! I am now an extremely satisfied customer! Service from Flipkart is simply great. I have been a customer with them ever since they started of. They never disappoint you in terms of service, packing, or delivery. Great going guys!
by Prodeep Ghosh on 2012-08-23
I have been researching on an entry level DSLR and had almost zeroed in on the Canon 550D (was getting a good deal on Flipkart with 135mm zoom) when Nikon announced the D3200. It's a great camera and with 105mm is closer to higher end DSLR's than an entry level. Controls are well located, easy to use and user friendly. Scope of experimenting is immense on Manual (why else should one get a DSLR?) and the Guide Mode is a very nifty option to shoot in fast response situations. And I got the delivery within 72 hours from Flipkart (given that 15th August was a holiday) I would have got it within 2 days. A great camera and an equally great experience with Flipkart.
View all 655 Reviews