Battery Life is a problem, Low-light shooting results not up to the mark.
by Aniruddha Athani on 2011-11-25
The best thing about this camera is no doubt its low price. However, after using it, I wish to point out the following shortcomings :
1. The operating time with the supplied battery is too low. Battery gets discharged within 1:15 hours with intermittent recording, which is too low. And if this is the situation when the battery is BRAND NEW, what will happen when the battery is 6 months old, is anybody's guess.
2. I tried to change the settings to suit the shooting conditions. However, it is very user unfriendly to do any custom settings.
3. Indoor shooting performance is pretty poor. You can get similar results with any digital camera or even with a LG/Samsung/Nokia mobile phone camera. Only saving grace is the huge 78X optical zoom which a digital camera or mobile camera doesn't have.
4. The shooting clarity is not very good, and you can see pixellation, even with the XP (highest quality) shooting mode.
5. Don't even think about taking any photos with this camera. The camera is so low-res that the photos look like it has been shot on a cheap chinese mobile phone with a sub-VGA digital camera.
To sum up, this is a basic camcorder to buy if you are on a low budget and want a branded item. It will do the job. But keep your expectations low and you wont be disappointed.
Great product for the right price
by George Abraham P on 2011-11-16
* Excellent Zoom
* Excellent Optical Image stabilization
* Excellent AF/AE tracking system
* Excellent compactness/weight
* Excellent Pricing.
Nothing i can find for a product at this price.
A GOOD ONE AT A VERY GOOD PRICE
by murali venkatesha on 2011-11-25
i purchased this camera last month from flipkart, and after using it, i think for a low end camera it is the best. the only reason that the camera costs so less is because it does not have an internal flash memory. i did get free class4 8gb sandisk memory card and a camera pouch from flipkart. zoom is wonderful, most important thing it does zoom without any noise. OIS(optical image stabilization) works really good. but with more than 70 times zoom you really need to place it on a tripod. it is impossible to keep our hands still. battery backup is really good, i am getting a back up of 1hour 50minutes to 2hours with xp. the battery lasts depending on how much zoom function use. stereo sound quality is good. transferring the video to pc using the videocam suite3.5 is much quicker than kodak easyshare software. you also have the option of manual focus if you need it. if you have a power source nearby you can shoot with the power cord connected to it. for those who really want a quality video should go for HD camcoders. video can be recorded in 16:9 and 4:3 ratio. SDHC & SDXC memory cards can be used. i suggest you use a class 10 for better quality. it also has a tiny speaker on the camera itself for playback. one other thing that i should let you know is that once you start recording, you can close the lcd monitor, it continues to record without interruption.
i am not saying that the camera is the best you can find, but surely at this price range it is one of the best with an extraordinary zoom for such a low price.
for those who are thinking to buy this, just go for it without any second thought.
DO CHARGE AND DISCHARGE THE BATTERY COMPLETELY FOR THE FIRST THREE CYCLES. TRY TO REDUCE THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE SCREEN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND DONT USE ZOOM UNNECESSARILY, YOU CAN EXTEND THE BATTERY BACKUP.
camera quality too bad and clip motion speed 1x fast ois not good bettry back up only 30 minit
by ravi on 2011-11-09
camera quality too bad and clip motion speed 1x fast ois not good bettry back up only 30 minitcamera quality too bad and clip motion speed 1x fast ois not good bettry back up only 30 minitcamera quality too bad and clip motion speed 1x fast ois not good bettry back up only 30 minit
by monica jain on 2012-12-28
When my parents went to Goa for holidays, they bought this camcorder. They love it because of its features. Video recording during water rides and pictures taken in different modes were amazing. I really like its picture quality and its very handy too with decent battery life. Overall great camera…
by janki on 2012-12-12
Nice product at this price, it has very nice features like good zooming, Excellent Optical Image stabilization, CCD image sensor and good battery. amazing product
by Jitin on 2012-11-19
Simply i liked this one was on excursion and suddenly got an interest to capture all instant moment. bought this one without any planning and its simply amazing. Good quality resolution , backup is fine and i must say its value for money. thanks Panasonic
by muesha on 2011-11-25
i have this camera and i am happy with it. zoom is nice video qualty is also good, but dont expect it to be anywhere near HD. packing by flipkart was wonderful and the delivery was super express. if you want to see the packing done by flipkart, search for panasonic sdr-sd71 on youtube.
View all 8 Reviews