Best in the price range
by Shrinidhi Kulkarni on 2013-09-05
Guys I bought this camcorder from flipkart during 15th august sale. So I got it at a very less price. Just paid Rs. 17,084/- Received 1 week earlier than the promised date. Flipkart is the best and trusted in this regards. With the camera got all the original warranty receipts and free 4GB SDHC and carry case. The carry case quality is just awesome. Now coming to the camcorder from day one I just loved it because prior to buying I had done lot of research and found that this is the best in the price range with no nonsense features like projector and all. Just guess after shooting in HD why would one project it and watch. Definitely will watch on HD tv. Thats why I didnt go for projector models. Whatever others may say but this model just beats other brands with only a single feature, i.e. EXMOR sensor. You wont get this patented sensor in other camcorders. So other brands just cant perform this well in low light conditions. The optical zoom is just perfect smooth. You need to learn how to control it slowly. After you learn it and while shooting you know exactly what you want from the scene you can capture the best moments of life. What i realized was to use digital zoom of 320x in best way you definitely need to buy a tripod. Then your cam wont be shaky in digital zoom. Charging the battery and transfering files to pc are very very easy because of the cables provided. May have to upgrade to 32GB SDHC because in 4GB you can shoot only 30 minutes of 1080p. Finally I want to tell you guys, whatever camcorder you buy, even the higher price range, everything depends on post production processing we do in PC. So if you know how to enhance videos and pictures, this camcorder is like a gold mine. :) Please visit my youtube channel 'shrinidhi kulkarni' and chek the quality!
by Dhrubajyoti Mitra on 2014-03-03
the camara is grate between this range. the night mode capture is awsome. but i think if the battery gives some more backup it will be grate. the batter is only give upto 1:30 hour
by Arjun Raj on 2014-02-25
The video quality is very poor. So is the sound. My HTC One S's camera is better than this one.
Yes, there is a zoom-in function and all that but why do you wanna zoom-in when the already poor quality becomes further horrible!
by Sathyapreyan on 2014-02-01
Good camcorder for this price ......Zooming is good .... clarity is awesome......
but Takes some time for auto focusing......
Overall a good Camcorder, with few issues.
by Surendra Sharma on 2014-01-13
Overall a good camera, but have certain issues which should be considered seriously before buying it-
1. Batter back up is low. It last for 45 minutes recording in HD mode.
2. When you zoom, it take time to focus.
3. You can not connect it with PC.
4. Do not depend upon 4GB SD card comes free with this, you need to buy a 16GB card for actual use.
5. You have to use PlayMemories program for all downloads, it is not a plug n play USB devise.
Video quality is good even in low light. Very handy and light weight.In absence of view finder you might face problem with display in strong sun.
Good product (Review after 2 months use)
by Suthyev on 2014-01-06
1. Very Good result in out door conditions.
2. Very Good result under video light.
3. Very much handy and light weight.
4. Easy to plug and play with the TV using the HDMI out port.
5. 27x optical zoom is a luxury. Use tripod for best result.
6. Carry case included in the package, so no need to spend extra amonnt for that.
7. I got this product for 16990/- from flipkart when the MRP was 20000/- in showrooms.
1. Not very good in low light conditions. Couldn't see the magic of Exmor.
2.Takes some time for auto focusing/stabilization of the image when you start the shooting.
3. Mist formed inside the lense.(Occured only 2,3 times and it went off after exposing to sunlight. Have seen the same issue with other Sony video cameras also).
4. No remote control. hence difficult to control when connected to TV or while shooting stage programs using tripod.
5. The 4GB card included is NOT AT ALL ENOUGH if you are recording full HD video.
Considering the amount I paid, this product is very much worth buying.
Nice Camcorder within the price range
by Abhijit Shaha on 2013-12-03
I bought this just before my son was born. For most of it, I loved it. for the given price range, it has nice video quality, powerful zoom, easy to handle and fairly good battery life.
On the downside, often it takes time for image stabilization. So often at the start of the video, or after zoom in-out, you get out of focus video. Also the video is very grainy for indoor, limited light situations.
One of the Best Available
by Nilanjan Bhowmik on 2013-12-03
Using Sony camcorder for last 17 years. Decided to to take this product model after much research which I usually do. Using for my personal pleasure for shooting City Videos. Very much tiny to hide under your palm. Nice experience. Purchased along with sony 32 gb sdhc Class 10 card and a sony back up battery for 375 minutes.
View all 8 Reviews