Exceeded My Expectation
by Dev Sayan on 2016-03-21
Considering its a budget Laptop, I'm not going to be critical but factual.
Review Breakdown -
1. Purpose: Light Weight (1.65 Kg's) (I need to carry it around)
2. Usage: Mostly office related work (Mails, spreadsheets, documents, rarely used for multimedia)
3. Aesthetics: Unlike other laptops of same price range, this one is built from high quality plastic. I was bit skeptical when I purchased red color but upon opening up the package I was happy to see the matte color. Eye candy for me. A big thumbs up to ASUS for the premium build quality. (It's a fingerprint magnet BTW, but i don't really care about that)
4. Screen: To be really honest, screen on this sucks! It has a pale yellow tint. Now I dont know if its just my piece or same with everyone but I had to use bundled ASUS Splendid Display Driver to change color temperature to full blue to make the color look white. Resolution, screen size and brightness keeps up though.
5. Web Cam - Built-in for names sake. Reminded me of old feature phones with VGA camera with multi-color tints, blur quality and hell grainy. If you really want to do serious video conferencing, use USB cams.
6. Processor: N2840 (dual-core) processor can pretty much do multi-tasking of office apps and web browsers. Just don't expect any typical desktop gaming from this. Overall hardware cannot handle that much resource intensive apps.
7. Memory (RAM): Although the MoBo has 2 slots but unfortunately the 2 GB ram used is a BGA package and comes factory soldered, so ram cannot be upgraded. :(. Even with less ram, I did not see any lag. Multitasking apps with animations are all smooth. Only Google Chrome suffers, pages often reload when 5+ tabs are open. I'm now using Opera (less resource hungry).
8. Storage: Come with Built-in 32 GB SanDisk nand memory. 13 GB usable but after upgrading Windows 10 with November update and installing basic apps like acrobat reader, etc I was only left with 1.5 GB. Ordered and Installed SanDisk SSD Plus 120 GB (weighs only 27 gms), happy to have over 90 GB. Boot time after storage upgrade is approx 12 seconds since the laptop only supports the older SATA 2 (link speed - 3gb/s) :(
9. Audio: Pretty decent quality. (some distortions can be tuned with bundled audio driver's filters)
10. Ports: 1xUSB 2.0, 1xUSB 3.0, Card Reader, 1xHDMI, 1xVGA out, 1xEthernet port, 1xCombo audio jack.
11. Keyboard: Chiclet, no backlight, comfortable to use, less key depression.
12. In-built Speaker: SonicMaster, with decent quality and loudness.
Overall quality, design and hardware of this laptop is really great. It does have a cooling fan but only runs when CPU temperature spikes, otherwise really silent operation.
Hope this review helps! :)
by Siddharth Srivastava on 2016-01-30
Asus Eeebook E402MA is the best basic laptop you can get within this price range. It would be wrong to call this beauty basic as it is very premium in every terms. It's looks, hardware, build quality, performance is simply outstanding. It easily gives 4 - 4.30 hrs battery back up. It also comes with which charge while on. No heating or sounds. Works smoothly, handles multi tasking with ease. Light weight and what not. Do not expect high end gaming or something like that on this, its not a high end gaming laptop. Go for the red one, its simply classy with satin finish and no fingerprints. Just go for it :)
Most importantly, Flipkart service was at its best yet again!! You guys are AWESOME!!
by imran khan on 2016-10-17
Best eBook Asus l an happy to buy
by sona dey on 2016-10-06
Very very nice and big laptop nothing like anything
by Gokul Shankar on 2016-09-13
Its one of the cheap n bst laptop with affordable price ...
Its looks really beautiful and its very easy to carry . ..
But the only problem is abt its internal storage only of 32GB . .......
Othr than that , everything is fine
by SRIRAMAN NATARAJAN on 2016-09-03
worst product. system very slow. out of 32gb memory systrm itself eating 24gb
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-08-29
Product recd was different
by Ajay on 2016-08-23
5 star for Flipcart and 1star for dealer.
I Ordered ASUS ebook E402MA with 2.16Ghz processor but recd E402SA with 1.6Ghz. Dealer Rejected for refund, but Flipkart accepted and money returned. Stay away from this dealer, look for another dealer. You can see same review for this dealer on dealer review page.
by Sikha Moni Gogoi on 2016-05-22
Light-weight, good battery backup, pretty good for normal usage excluding gaming.
by Manu Abraham on 2016-03-05
Great product.... Good Delivery.....
Grt to work with it....
by Sasank Maragani on 2016-01-31
nice laptop for that price.windows 10 and other key features.no other company except asus is giving these features for a price of 16k.
Asus's perfection + Flipkart's offer = Value for money !!
by Santosh kumar Muniganti on 2016-01-28
The laptop was really a value for money product, i've got it at Rs. 14990 on offer day(a thousand less). The built was good as usually expected from Asus, didn't feel like lower end ones. Windows 10 on the lappy's screen looked clean. It was a decent resolution screen without any perceivable pixelation as in cheaper models. The battery backup is good too. I've got the numbers right now. I will update ASAP after observation. The chicklet keyboard is one of the remarkable pros of the notebook.
Overall the product is a value for money.
View all 21 Reviews
Perfect for those who don't use CPU configuration as status symbol among peers :) :D
by luck! on 2016-03-11
I was earlier using DELL Inspiron 1525 laptop with core 2 Duo processor which I bought in 2008(costing about Rs.44,000), during my college days and it was enough for my computing requirements. Sadly it crashed few days back, so I decided to buy Dell Vostro 15 3558 with Core i3 processor but it was costing about Rs.24,935, then I decided to look for other alternatives as the premium paid for higher CPU configuration would not yield much for me. At this instance I came across Asus Eeebooks 11.6 inch laptop costed about Rs.14.5k and considered it to be value for money but then came a lightening deal on 04.Mar.16 from Amazon and I was able to buy this cool 14 inch Eeebook 402MA at the price of Rs.14,699/-(delivered by the ever dependable: Cloudtail).
Just to be sure I compared my Intel Core2 Duo T5250 processor and the Intel Celeron N2840 offered in this Eeebook on "Cpuboss" website, Celeron N2840 scored 6.3/10 against 1.7/10 of the former. So the present processor quite nicely fulfils all my requirements of web browsing, little gaming, ms office and entertainment too apart from these the notebook has a classy feel.
I called ASUS India helpline for warranty and was told they offered 1 year warranty from the date of Invoice upon verification. They emailed me the proforma and I filled the proforma and submitted to them with a soft-copy of the invoice and next day got an email from ASUS conforming the warranty....
Hope the review will be of some use for others like me going through a tough time finding a laptop among the myriad of options.....
by aneesh mathew vergis on 2016-03-03
Actually its an eebook..
I simply like it..celeron dual core more than enough for office works...with windows 10 it works smoothly..you getnearly 12 GB space out of 32GB eMMC...but can add hdd..its an on the go laptop..slim like a macbook air...
by NA on 2016-04-29
Received E402SA instead of E402MA. The one i received is only 1.6 GHZ processor instead of 2.1 GHZ.
I bought it for my parents so a processor of 1.6 GHZ does not matter much.
It's a good laptop, but the above issue spoiled it for me. I am not writing a detailed review which otherwise I would have.
I bought samsung EVO 750 SSD (120GB) as someone else suggested. Installation (fitting it in) was easy and took 10 minutes.
Then struggled to clone the hard disk (actually eMMC) to SSD. Tried EaseUS and Macrium and failed. Then came across 'Samsung Data migration' software [...]
This worked like a charm - cloned in 9 minutes, made the SSD as C drive, and made the existing eMMC disk 'offline'. See pic.
Speed seems better. Will check benchmarks and report it here.
Like another reviewer here
by Amazon Customer on 2016-05-31
Like another reviewer here, I also received the 402SA model.
No complaints about the performance though - its speed is alright for my usage (docx/ ppt editing, heavy browsing). The laptop (as also the charger) is lightweight , very good battery performance (can be fully charged up from 10% within ~ 2 hours, and runs for ~ 5.5 hours for medium to heavy usage). It came along with a set of tiny screws, which are essential for getting an HDD installed.
@ appearance: sleek, but smudges too easily.
Good product for light programs
by Orville Cota on 2016-05-14
1. It's very good for basic use like entertainment and light MS Office work. Work in MS Office involving graphics or pictures will be difficult to work with.
2. Great battery life of about 6-8 hours.
3. Noiseless operation.
4. Screen is very clear and crisp.
5. Touchpad is very responsive and supports Windows 10 multi touch features which are very useful. It is very smooth too.
6. The eBook is comparatively light and has an impressive build quality.
1. Your OS is stuck to the 32GB eMMC storage. I tried to move the OS on the internal SSD which I installed and found it to be inconvenient.
2. MS Office with moderate graphics or pictures will be difficult to work with.( I used MS Office 2013).
3. Using the VGA camera is not recommended except for in extreme conditions. An average phones front facing camera is much better.
4. The surface of the eBook is easily subjected to smudges.
This is just a perfect laptop for daily use.
by Sanket K on 2016-03-14
Laptop design is good, tactile finish is giving premium look. Slim in size and finish is also impressive. keyboard is also giving premium feel. Price is unbelievable for this classic premium design. You can upgrade your laptop storage up-to 3 TB, it comes with slot for HDD upgrade.
Avoid buying the 2GB version... Get atleast ...
by Pranav T. on 2016-06-25
Avoid buying the 2GB version... Get atleast a 4g laptop even it costs few thousand more.. Also please note this one does not come with Office 360 subscription and which is very costly to buy seperately
gets the job done. not that powerful. i ...
by aman kalra on 2016-03-27
gets the job done. not that powerful. i use it as a secondary laptop for MS word. if you want to use it everyday, then this isnt the product you are looking for .
Good product for your basic requirements
by Samiran Ghosh on 2016-02-29
Well I was looking for a device which will help me to do basic work like Surfing, Doing some Word Excel work and downloading movie. It works fine for all of this, I have also installed a 500 GB HDD which is also working fine. The Height for installing the HDD is small as a result I have to forcefully cover the same. I am quite happy as of now.
by Amazon Customer on 2016-05-11
by Elton Hurtis on 2016-05-22
Would've loved a bit more hard drive space
View all 16 Reviews