How to select a best laptop.. ( asus k55vd the best configuration ever i seen )
by Sandeep S on 2013-01-16
why i prefered asus k55vd..
- Free dos ( SO THAT U CAN SAVE AROUND 2000 , also i need windows ultimate which is best windows os )
- according to my use there is no much difference between i3 and i5 ( i3 supports all games and graphics like i5 ) SO THAT U CAN SAVE AROUND 2500
- 4 gb ram is more than enough to run windows 7 ultimate ( so 8 gb ram is unnecessary )
- i prefer 500gb harddisk space because it is nice to say that ' my laptop has builtin 1tb harddisk ' but practically we wont use more than 500gb :P ( if u arent a movie lover u wont cross 300gb )
- I AM GAMER SO I NEED GRAPHICS CARD MUST ( 1gb graphics is enough but god gifted me 2 gb graphics in the name of ASUS mania :D)
- nowadays USB bootable techniques are available so we wont use any dvd drives (blue ray disk reader is unnecessary , SO THAT U CAN SAVE AROUND 3000)
- Metallic chic looks great .
- user interference and appereance is 1000 times better than Dell..
- what i need is best USB slot ( 3.0usb(2) and one 2.0 usb )
- battery works great..
- touchpad works great it supports multifinger options like in mac .. ( pls use elantech touchpad driver )
- it has only few showroom and service center , but in future it might be higher ...
- the sad thing is asus k55vd available only in 15.4 inch u wont find any 14 inch version in asus K series..
- you need download all required drivers from asus site( bcoz this s free dos )
IF U R A EXTREME GAMER PLS BUT LAPTOP MORE THAN 45000 , IF U R SUPPOSED TO BUY A LAPTOP IN D RANGE 30000 - 40000 ASUS K55VD ' THE BEST '
by Ajaya Gupta on 2013-01-23
asus k55vd is a very best laptop and 1000 time better than dell & hp. Its price , looks, battery backup, sound , graphics card is awesome .if any customer price range is with in 35,000/-then i request every one go for this models. its really awesome.my laptop was already 200 months i am already 200% satisfy .
Good performance. Well priced. Broken WiFi.
by Gilbert Cheng on 2012-12-05
Very decent performance. Good all-rounder. I personally hate glossy screens, but it isn't too bad in ambient lighting. Altec Lansing speakers make for loud and clear listening. IceCool tech keeps the palm rest cool even while gaming. 1366x768 resolution with the 610M makes for decent low end gaming. The WiFi is just broken though. It does not work with anything other than 54 Mbps. Our router supports upto 300 Mbps and the only device that has problems accessing the internet is this laptop. Don't get me wrong, it does connect to the WiFi, but just keeps flaking out. 145 Mbps and 300 Mbps on the router only sees this laptop connecting to the wifi, but unable to access the internet. I'd say only about 20-30% of network packets get through at those speeds with this laptop. This has been tested with two NETGEAR routers, the WNR2000 and the WNR2200, both of which are n300 routers. It isn't a driver issue either. I've tested with the driver it shipped with all the way upto the newest Atheros driver that supports this chipset (beta included) Googling online indicated that it was a problem with the Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless chipset that this shipped with, as some of the Asus ROG laptops ship with the same chipset, and have the exact same problem. Best bet is to buy a WiFi dongle, a decent branded one. Another gripe I have with this laptop is the touchpad. Some people say that it just gets getting used to. I somehow just can't get used to it. Very sensitive and I keep selecting and deleting text that I've spent time typing out. It's huge and in keeping with current design sensibilities. The multi-touch and gestures works well, don't get me wrong, just that I'm not used to typing chicken winged to avoid touching the touchpad and creating chaos. There is an Fn+F9 combo to disable the touchpad during extended typing sessions, but it would've been a lot more convenient if there were a dedicated button for that instead. The full keyboard is a joy to type on; the numeric keypad great for work sessions. It doesn't match any of the keyboards on the Lenovo laptops, which IMHO have the best laptop keyboards, but it doesn't feel cheap and the rigid chassis doesn't give way too much with heavy presses. Battery life is great. In battery saving mode, you can stretch to about 7+ hours for average workloads (surfing, listening to music, excel work). If you read any typos in this review, that's the touchpad at work, I swear! :)
2gb nvidia graphic...!! just unbeleavable..
by shamse on 2012-11-22
if ur wishing to buy this lappy for gaming purpose... then guys jst go for it...
other than the sound quality every thing is just excellent...
i bought it for 32k..
i can just say that "ITS A BEST LAPPY AT THIS BUDGET"
must buy, awesome laptop at a gr8 price
by Jitendra Gupta on 2012-11-04
i bought this laptop 40 days ago at just 32000 from a local dealer and wow its price increased. yeppeeeee !!!!!!!!
further its working awesome
good sound,graphics and everything
last but not least a sexy look,so i rcommend everyone 2 buy it.
by Neel Pupreddiwar on 2014-10-09
This is very durable lappy..!! Using it heavily from last 2yrs, still having no issues..!!!
1) Very good battery life..max 3hrs is always supported
2) build quality is very very sturdy.. sustainable to rough handling
3) decent i3-2gen and nvidia 610m 2gb is more than enough for daily use
4) Asus ICE Cool works like magic... No heating problems under standard use..
5) Overall, worth every penny
1) Speakers a really good but placed downside. If kept on bed, sound is totally blocked. Headphones will solve your problem.
2) A bit heavy
3) Screen is bit reflective but increasing the brightness solves the problem.
Its more than year, and i am satisfied.
by Sanket Mehta on 2014-09-16
-Very good battery life. Always a criteria to look for.
-Very good configuration at fair price, specially for gaming. 4gb ram and i3 with dedicated graphics memory at gr8 price.
-Aluminium body looks great and almost zero heating. So your lap wont get burn.
-Speaker sounds essentially loud, but of average quality, also speaker in bottom. So if its kept on bed it will reduce its level. Any ways you can always use laptop tables or coolers.
-Mouse touchpad is extra sensitive, you can disable multi touch if you are not using.
Go for it.
by Ithoiba Potshangbam on 2014-04-14
RAM not available inside the laptop. its very bad to cheat people this way. You are not serving people but earning money in fraud.
Writing this review from this very product.
by Nabadeep Saikia on 2014-04-03
Amazing at such a price. Just wonderfull, its been almost one year, but it is giving me a good support in my work.
BEST EVER LAPTOP IN THIS BUDGET
by Justin Thomas on 2014-04-03
I'M USING THIS LAPTOP FOR 1 YEAR.ITS PERFORMANCE IS THE SAME FOR 1 YEAR.SO I LOVE THIS MACHINE.HONESTLY SAYING THERE IS ONLY 2 CONS :
1) SPEAKERS UNDER THE LAPTOP
2) IT COULD BE MORE LIGHTER
PROS :ALL OTHER THINGS ABOUT THIS LAPTOP
MY LAPTOP WORKS FAR BETTER THAN 45000/- DELL i5 , LENOVO i5, SAMSUNG ,ACER.
SO FRIENDS IAM SAYING: BUY THIS LAPTOP IF YOU WANT A ENTERTAINMENT DAILY USE MACHINE.
View all 15 Reviews