by Niranjan R on 2016-04-08
The best laptop you could get in this price range in India (RS 93k).
1. Graphic card GTX 960 4 GB, runs games like Dota 2 and Assassin's Creed smoothly at High or even Ultra settings.
2. Screen is really good. It's a IPS screen with matte finish gives a premium look.
3. Boot up time takes approx 5-7 seconds thanks to the OS being installed on SSD.
1. The speaker is a little let down as not much volume is observed even at max volume.
Overall it's the best buy laptop at this price range especially for people looking to get a good gaming laptop.
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-09-02
Hello everyone, I bought this laptop from Asus store for 92k and it met my expectations. The upper part is metal and build quality is amazing. Display is very good . trackpad is also good but it is somewhat inconvient . if u get used to it it is not a problem. Speaker is not so loud. Overall it is a best laptop under 1 lakh. Better than MSI.
by Atishay Jain on 2016-03-26
This model has metal body
its a great laptop and probably best in under 1 lakh INR
though speakers are a little sucky
by Raghav Ravichandar on 2016-04-25
I wante a laptop primarily for gaming and decided that I had to spend close to 80k-1lac if I needed that. Ive done a weekds reasearch across mutliple sites and friends and decided on this one. You are reading this cause I guess like me you are a hardcore gamer :)
This model has been voted as best gaming laptop for its price and I decided to take the plunge. I bought it offline from a dealer (cheaper compared to online which was always out of stock).
+The GTX 960 is a fantastic card . Its in the right sweet spot of entry level high end cards which runs any game at high graphics (but set ressolution at 1360) and there are no lags. Currently Im playing DIvision, MGS 5 etc and its giving me flawless gameplay. With 4 GB dedicated and 16 gb on board it gets the job done. This is the single bigggest thing you look for in a gaming laptop - Dont settle for anything lower then a 960 (950 etc) but the price for 970 and 980 go up by 15k-20k and I did not have the budget for that.
+ Boot time is almost just 10 seconds with the SSD. Very fast and stable
+ Look and feel - Keyboard looks great and typing is a breeze and smooth for gaming as well
- Speaker sucks . This is a big let down for me considering this is a gaming laptop. I read the reviews here and they have also mentioned that. Unless you have headfones its not worth it. very disappointed.
- Asus customer care - Very very poor. Contact them on FB/Twitter they dont even reply . I asked regarding price etc got nothing. They dont care about India or what ive no idea.
- No freebies - Nvidia generally gives games free like Tob raider/Division but only from GT 970 onwards. Its like they dont are about 960 users which is sad.
- Multiple applications hang the system - had to force boot a couple of times surprising considering this has so much under the hood.
This should last me atleast for 3 years for gaming I hope, cant afford to buy before that. Its a good machine on its own but I was disappointed by speaker/Auss support of not going the extra mile for a 90k investment made.
FInal verdict - For these specs, this is the best. But wait for a month or so to see if Dell Y 50 series can make it up
This is a real Monster!!!
by Varun Patwardhan on 2016-05-07
AMAZING Performance. I did a lot of market research and finally purchased this monster. I knew the downsides were bad trackpad and bad speakers. However, I still went for this one as similar configuration in other brands would easily cost you INR 140000 +.
Plus this has 2 HDDs - 1 TB SATA + 128 GB SSD. Just like what I wanted ( Without SSD, laptops are sluggish as it becomes a performance bottleneck. However, with SSD, we have to rely on external USB storage for movies and games et al. This has both - just PERFECT)
After purchasing this, I don't think trackpad is bad at all. However, speakers are not that good. However, it this price rage, this is a steal. AMAZING performance..Real monster! This metal version has stunning look.
Great Laptop for 4K Video Editing !!
by ANIMESH MANDAL on 2016-03-27
GL552VW is a great laptop even at this price range in INDIA. However this laptop costs me 90K after replacing 1TB HDD with 960GB Sandisk SSD & I have the Canadian model with 128GB PCIe SSD not normal M.2 SSD, unlike this Indian model.
1. Build Quality
2. Keyboard travel
3. USB Type-C ( Which makes this laptop future proof at least for 1-2 years )
4. FAST....Very FAST ( Took 7-8 Seconds for BOOT UP & It is faster than Macbook Pro 15 )
5. Inaudible FAN Noise & Heating issue ( Which is very surprising for me, During 4-5 hrs of rendering process you can barely listen to any FAN NOISE )
1. Battery Backup ( 2.5 Hrs of Normal Use & can't expect more than that )
2. Fingerprint Magnet ( only around the Keyboard area )
3. Heavy ( 2.5 Kgs is not Heavy for me actually ! I carry my Cameras & Lenses in my bag & even Macbook Pro 15 weights 2 Kgs ! NO PROBLEM FOR ME but it can be for some people )
It's been 4 Months & this laptop is running very smooth & I can't ask anything more at 90K !!
I use this laptop as a secondary device for video editing.
With 128GB PCIe SSD Stick which gives me around 1.1GB/s of Read & Write speed & a 1 TB 2.5 SSD with 500MB/s Read & Write ....My 4K Video Editing + Rendering workflow !!
It's costly..but u can do this and save a little!
by Visaal Kumaar on 2016-07-02
I purchased Gl552vw426 t model and upgraded it with m.2 Samsung 850 evo 250gb and 8 GB ddr4 RAM Kingston @ 88.4 k. Ultimate performance.
It's a beast man..... Great product from Asus
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-08-21
The specifications of this laptop is great and also performance is good. Only the negative part of the system is its sound. The sound is not good. Except sound problem lapi is great.
Just close ur eyes and go for it
by pritom das on 2016-08-09
Hi everyone...at first I will confess I have bought lot of electronics from online but I am totally lazy to write back their review...but I am writing this one because this product is THE BEST and the BEAST.....
I got it from a retailer shop though after lot of bargain at 95k which is of the (16gb ram +128gb ssd)....
1)matte finish display..it's just so beautiful to look at and hardly any problem of daylight glaring
2)the back side ROG logo is having a glowing feature like Apple iMac does
3)4Gb 960m graphics absolutely enough to run all the titles of ges for even the next 4 yrs...atleast now I am running all the latest games at ultra settings without any hunch
4) Don't go for the fibre version..I chose the metallic version..more durable and avoids any wobbling problem of the front facing panels which many reviewers would have mentioned for this model.
5)The sound loudness was absolutely decent...loud enough for laptop speakers.
6)Not at all as heavy as I was expecting for a gaming laptop would be...totally portable for its weight.
7)Inbuilt cooling system is perfect...the device may heat up a lot...after all running high end games at ultra settings..need lots of cpu resources...but the heat is only felt at the fan vent ...the places where we will rest our hands and the keyboard area is always Cool..and no chance to find the difference....
8)a lot more I I'll be updating soon after more observation of this laptop and usage
1)the matte finish screen is prone to scratches from sharp objects...this happened to me during unboxing with my scissors and unfortunately mistakenly made some light scratch to the screen(becareful of this a bit else try to invest on a good antiglare screen guard for this laptop).
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-07-26
This laptop is a great option for gaming within the budget. It gives great gaming experience much better then expected and has good options for upgrading the ram and ssd. It supports ddr4 rams i have added a hyperx fury stick to it and it supports SATA ssd drives for which i am using ADATA 256gb works great and boots the laptop in seconds. The best part is the laptop does not heat up from the bottom just from the left side where the fan is, it might get a bit hot near the area but rest everything is cool as ice. The only place where it bothers is the battery it does charge faster but eventually dies at the same rate if doing some high intense work or gaming but that is a part of every gaming laptop so can't complain much. The screen quality is good and the led on the keyboards looks evilish track pad kinda under performs a bit but not that bad a gaming mouse might be a great substitute for it. Don't expect any quality from the webcam as is not that great. All in all gamers are welcome to test this beast i will suggest it both hands thumbs up.
The BEST For its Price Range
by Siddhant Sao on 2016-07-21
I bought this laptop from US and it cost me around 70000 only and believe me its a beast
- Doesn't heat up quickly
-Every piece of it looks and feels amazing! My fat fingers never seem to accidentally hit any of the smooth, red backlit keys and everything is right where I imagine it would be
- Virtually dead silent. No comprehensible sounds are made from it
- Amazing specs.
- Not entirely filled with bugs or glitches, like the other reviews lead me to believe
-The screen is the perfect size. Wouldn't have it any other way
Cons (minor inconviniences):
-The touchpad feels rather odd, but I almost immediately got used to it
-Pre-installed software takes a little long to uninstall, but thats every PC
-At first, if you unplugged the laptop, it would be slightly slower, but its easily fixed
- Built-in mic picks up every little sound
- Tries to make you want to use Xsplit to stream. OBS for life
View all 10 Reviews