by SUTAP DAS on 2015-12-07
Do not purchase this product from Tab Tree Seller (Flipkart )
It is a brand new model launched by HP, Look wise it is good but the product has still some issues. I have purchase this product from Flipkart few days back and I am not satisfied with the performance.
Look wise it is good, Nice Touch response, Sound.
Not satisfied with processer speed, Screen Resolution, Camera, heating problem, additional light flashing in side in the screen.
one of the best at this price tag
by rajan on 2016-03-14
great one,fully satisfied
4 memory (40 GB after all essential apps installed)
2 external memory slot(not well placed)
1 speaker(not bad, nor good)
2 accessories(hard to find)
3 after windows 10 some driver issue(manageable)
by ARJUN H on 2015-11-21
it seems the product has some issues, plz go for some other product or wait till t HP people have fixed it
sad to c tht the product is not working :(
Got defective piece 3 time already serviced in 7 m
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-07-20
Worst experience ever, purchased in December, already two times screen suddenly turned blank, got repaired by HP person, today again display gone....... Again I have to contact them beg them to repair my lappy.......HP person every time comes and say their is loose connection..... And not replacing the part also...... HP is utter useless....
View all 4 Reviews
Excellent machine, Ultra Portable, Excellent value for money
by Ganesh G on 2015-11-06
I ordered this from Amazon as a part of a "Lightning Deal" for Rs 21,990. For an additional 1000, I got an additional third-party 1 year on-site warranty from the seller "Onsite". Here's my detailed review of the product.
1) Size and weight - This is extremely small, extremely light. Perfect for carrying along as a notebook. The charge provided is also small and lighter than standard laptop chargers. The bezels on the side of the screen are quite large (this is to allow a larger, more comfortable keyboard) but I believe the bezels could have given way to a slightly larger screen instead.
2) Performance - So far, I just got it and updated it from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The update for Windows 10 is readily available and you should be able to start the update immediately. Performance is good enough for all regular tasks such as browsing, playing music, playing movies, working on documents etc. I played full HD movies with 5.1ch surround sound and the movies played perfectly without lags or dropped frames. I don't do any gaming so can't review that however this laptop is not obviously meant as a gaming device. The RAM utilization hovered between 1GB to 1.3GB and there was generally around 700+ MB RAM free despite running multiple applications. I haven't tested this with any heavy duty applications yet so I will update this review when I do so. Regardless of that, the device can easily handle multiple regular applications such as web-browsing, watching videos, listening to music, installing apps etc. concurrently.
3) Ergonomics - the BEST in class so far.
*The hinge is ADJUSTABLE. Finally, someone made a half decent lap-tab with an adjustable hinge. Of course, the Asus Transformer and Acer S1001 both had these but somehow they both didn't look like very finished products.
*This also has a 93% size island style keyboard that is excellent. The feedback is great and you can touch-type easily with just a tiny bit of adjustment.
*The magnets that latch the screen to keyboard are super strong and you can easily pick up the whole laptop by holding the screen (though I don't recommend doing that). The magnets also latch on without you needing to carefully guide the screen into the latches.
*The screen angle can be adjusted from 0 to nearly 120 degrees, which is roughly the same with most laptops these days.
*You can also remove the screen and latch it the other way around to make it a stand or a tent or a tablet.
*The power adapter is small and handy and the cord is just about long enough (though it could be longer for some people). The adapter plugs directly into the power socket so there is no dangling adapter in the middle.
4) Connectivity - The device has 1 USB port, 1 USB-type C port (which is also used for charging), mini-HDMI port and a mini-SD card reader. I connected my 1TB portable hard disk to this and it works perfectly without any problems. The USB port has enough capacity to power the hard disk. Another USB port might have been handy but I guess the USB type-C is the way to go for future devices so definitely a plus. Both USB ports here are USB 2.0 speed.
5) Battery - Since I couldn't find any review or mention of battery life on any of the online stores or even on the HP site itself, I assumed that the battery life would be the standard 3-4 hours or less but was pleasantly surprised. After 4 hours of relatively heavy usage downloading Office 365, installing various things and keeping the screen constantly on, I was STILL left with 56% of battery. I will need to do a better analysis to find out what is the exact battery life but it will surely be much greater than 4 hours under normal usage (possibly upto 7-8 hours, I suspect).
6) Camera - The camera looked rather regular in low lighting of my home. The white balance also was off. Nowhere near the amazing webcam quality one gets used to after using a Mac. I believe the camera quality would be on par with most non-Apple laptops.
7) Speakers - These were a major disappointment. The big grills and the B&O logo made me think the sound would be mind-blowing but it is far from that. The sound is tinny, has hardly any bass and does crackle a tiny bit at extremely loud volumes. Compared to most laptops, the sound is a bit disappointing but honestly compared against speakers of other tabs, the sound is miles ahead. Just a note - Bang and Olufsen didn't actually make the speakers - they just provided a software that controls how the speakers sound, mostly a marketing gimmick in my opinion.
8) Looks - I got the White version (only one available at the time) and it looks classy and clean. I'm glad the device does not have a hundred fancy colourful logos and marketing jazz stuck on. Its clean and White with a steel finished HP logo on the back. With the keyboard connected, it looks like a proper laptop rather than as an afterthought keyboard stuck to a tablet.
9) Internet - the wi-fi receiver was strong enough to lock onto my home wi-fi and constantly showed maximum possible throughput.No problems whatsoever.
10) Screen - This is one of the most important considerations for people when buying a tab. Though the resolution is only 1280x800, the screen was good enough. Comparable or better than most other tablet screens I've seen so far apart from the i-pad. I've used this mostly indoors so far so I can't comment on the brightness in bright Sunlight. The adaptive brightness control works quite well and automatically adjusts brightness based on the ambient lighting.
Overall, I'm quite satisfied with this however I am still to test the last and most important thing. Playing full HD 5.1 channel sound movies on this after connecting this to my large screen TV. I'm not sure how well it will handle the higher resolution and whether it will transfer the sound accurately. Will update the review then.
Awesome product :-) 5 star
by Ajmal Muhammad P on 2016-01-20
I ordered once and was not delivered at time. I cancelled that and ordered again and 2nd time delivered before time.
Still I'll give 5 star, because the product is awesome.
I wonder, why should we go for Android tabs when we have Windows 10 devices like this.
I've upgraded to Windows 10 and its performance is better.
This is a beautiful little companion
by suryateja on 2016-01-17
I purchased this machine for working on Excel, some word processing, watching movies, note making, heavy Web browsing etc. I don't game much. I was looking for something with a good battery backup. This serves my needs amazingly well. I have an external hdd always connected to my NAS modem, so I can stream whatever is needed. You also get a one year subscription of office 365. And special mention to how well this runs chrome. Without any lag. Was planning on installing Ubuntu, but windows 10 works flawlessly on this little. So sticking to it for now.
This had suddenly stopped working. Never started. Gave up before twice before two important presentations of mine. Using it is fun, but it got to be reliable as well. The speakers cracked a little too, not sure if the problem is unique to my piece or its the same throughout. Thank amazon for being kind to accept the return. Stay away from this!
by gautam on 2016-02-09
Reviewing from the 2n1! Overall a descent product. Hopefully give a detailed review after some use. As of now a happy customer of HP and Amazon!
very good product. work very well display bright
by jitu patel on 2016-01-30
very good product.work very well
display bright.great expe.to use leptop
but satisfied with its looks
by George D. on 2016-07-03
its not upto satisfaction, crashes always,64 gb is not even sufficient .cant play games well. even bluestack cant be opened after 2 weeks.
but satisfied with its looks ,slim and stylish.thats it. but i would like to know how many memory card gb is supportable?
Do not buy, not a good product.
by Timus on 2016-05-08
Not at all useful. Very slow, even for simple browsing or light word docs. Wifi disconnects. Windows crashes, may be the pc isnt able to run even windows properly. Better to add another 10K and get a full fledged Dell
Excellent for portability and lightweight usage
by Anurag Vasanwala on 2015-11-28
After 3 moths of use (handled with care and no rough use), main panel of the table was not looking tough.
A minor glitch sound arises when I close or open lid from keyboard.
If it still persists, I'm going to HP service centre to resolve issue.
Excellent tablet for those who doesn't need much power.
Ideal for portability. Good for lightweight application.
+ Excellent battery life of about 6-8 hours (Normal Usage)
+ Web, Graphics Software (InkScape), Office 2016 works like charm
+ Can able to run heavy application like Visual Studio 2015 (but a bit slower)
+ Nice for touch enabled application (for drawing purpose)
- A bit slower for heavy application (still able to run. i.e. Visual Studio 2015)
- After startup, only 700 - 800 MB free RAM available
Value for money product for tablet users.
by Bhuwan Chandra on 2015-09-20
It's nice portable laptop cum tablet , Bought it from a shop almost 10 days back on the intros event day. and happy with product performance as of now no complain.
by Amazon Customer on 2015-11-29
Its too good purchase it
View all 29 Reviews