4 star for product, 1 star for delivery
by Debabrata Nandy on 2016-07-27
NOTE: SCREEN RESIOLUTION IS ACTUALLY MORE THAN LISTED. IT IS 1920X1080 rather than 1366X768 as shown in the page.
Flipkart logistics have gone down significantly. Earlier I got orders dispached from other parts of country delivered in a day.
Before placing the order, it showed next day/same day delivery option available for my PIN code, which vanished and changed to standard delivery once added to cart. They took more than 48 hours to deliver a product from same city.
Got cool 10 thousand discount for my 7 yr old laptop. Could not have been better! But otherwise prrice of 45k is 2-3k overpriced in my opinion.
+Nice convertible with decent specs
+Relatively sleek and light. Though lighter alternatives exist, but they are mostly costlier.
+Decent build quality
+IPS screen with decent viewing angles
+relatively less heat.
-The power button, which cant be helped but placed on the side for a convertible. it actually placed at the extreme corner and get accidentally pressed sometimes while carrying the laptop with my hands
-Performance is decent but could have been better. A 1GB or 2GB graphics card could have been provided even if sold at a slightly higher price
-On research, I discovered the RAM slot is actually below the motherboard, which means for a laptop which opens from top that I have to remove all components of motherboard to access the lower portion. Certainly not easy and is risky for a layman. If the laptop base opened from botton, it could have been much easier.
-Screen is yellowish on tint
-I personally feel grey textured color for the base of keyboard and palm resting area looks better than the black for a laptop. THe keys are easier to spot that way.
-Too many unwanted apps loaded. I wiped the Hard disk and installed my own windows fresh and clean.
Overall recommended but should be upgraded to atleast 6 or 8GB RAM immediately once warranty is over.
The best in class for the price range.
by Karthik Hegde on 2016-01-21
Review after using it for a week.
First let me start by saying the laptop keyboad is MATT finish with BLACK color as shown in the official website and not as in flipkart.(even the surrounding of the keyboard is black.)
Straight to the point.
crystal clear display. its really good no doubt about it.
The speakers are exceptional. Unbelievable sound experience.
On a normal usage you will get around 9 hrs of battery back up.(on watching a 2 hr youtube video, the battery drained around 20%).(1080p videos will drain battery further).
ITS i3 6th gen, in its price range, yes u can get i5 5th gen(20% better). But, i3 is better in some aspects to i5.
a. less battery usage(as turbo core tech is not used in i3)
c. newer architecture == better support,better tech.
overall NO lag,NO hanging that occured while i used even for multitasking.
-> GAMING :
NO! ITS NOT A GAMING LAPTOP! but,it can run some games pretty smoothly.
i was able to run burnout paradise at 1080p high settings 30fps+.
Now I wouldnt say its much of an advantage of tablet mode,as its pretty heavy to use it as a tablet. it ll put you off using it as a tablet.
Touch is pretty responsive,neat,NO issues.
keyboard itself is really smooth. its really nice to work on. To be honest , personally this keyboard is better than the apple macbook air.[PERSONALLY].
6. WEBCAM :
Webcam is pretty good, it works pretty well even in low light.
You can hardly hear any noise(except that of HDD) , when the fan goes to turbo under full pressure you can make out the fan sound, so under normal use its pretty much noiseless.
1. NO backlit keyboard.
2. Touch screen is SMUDGE magnet. I would recommend to get a screen guard that is anti- smudge.
3.TOUCHPAD could have been better. NOT a very smooth experience as compared to that of apple or some other options.
4. Its heavy to USE it as TABLET.
5. RAM slot:
Now, it comes with 4gm RAM, but if you want to expand it, the laptop comes with only one slot. So to expand the ram, you ll have to remove the 4gb one and replace it with 8gb ram/16gb.
ALL in all its really a GREAT laptop, I would recommend it everyone. the battery is really good and so is the performance.
For the PRICE, its WORTH your MONEY.
I would give it 4.5/5.
Feedback for buying of HP Pavilion 13 x360 laptop
by Sabyasachi Chakraborty on 2016-08-04
Buying experience in Flipkart was seamless. Product delivery was very fast, just took two days. However, as the product is defective, I have raised product replacement request twice. Still the follow-up from Flipkart customer support team is going on, although I have not received any response from the HP technical team. Awaiting HP team's resolution now. Only when the product is replaced within the 10-day period, I can provide an appropriate feedback. The below feedback is reflective of my experience so far and have nothing to do with product purchase in Flipkart site or about the product performance.
by Dendi on 2016-05-12
After 3 months+ usage:
Pros: 1) Looks - 8/10
2) Performance - More than enough as long as you are not going to host virtual machines or play games at ultra settings (cos lighter titles like FIFA 14, DOTA2, CSGO runs @60-70 fps medium settings....GPU is quite nice here..the HD 520).
3) The touchpad is one of the best ones I've ever used on a windows machine...almost as good as a macbook(my gf has one).
4) Build Quality - 8/10
Cons: 1) Wish it was lighter.
2) Battery could've been better too. Its not bad but its nothing to write home about either.
3) No backlight keyboard. :(
4) Doesn't run as cool as an i3 should.
Summary: The price of the product is very well justified. However since Asus UX305FA is available now, you might rather want to consider that one for certain reasons--1) It has SSD which is just too good to ignore trust me. 2) Its lighter 3) Its thinner 4) It has a longer lasting battery 5) The Core M CPUs are better than the i3 ones in some ways. Pay some more and get the Asus I'd say.
by Prem Shinkar on 2016-08-21
The Processor could be Core I3 5005U (5th generation) CPU. ANd NOT 5500U, as mentioned in the specs above, which is an I7 processor number!
A featherweight workhorse
by Tarak Khan on 2016-07-19
Using it for about 2 weeks, so its not the time to make a full assessment. But my first impression is really excellent.
Straight to the point.
1.DISPLAY ::crystal clear display. its really good no doubt about it.
2.SOUND :The speakers are exceptional. Unbelievable sound experience.
3.BATTERY :Average backup is more than 6 hrs. -- above average indeed
PERFORMANCE : The i3 6th gen; i5 5th gen is a better performer no doubt. But, i3 is better in some aspects to i5. especially (a) less battery usage (as turbo core tech is not used in i3); (b.less heating; (c) newer architecture == better support,better tech.
overall NO lag,NO hanging that occurred while i used even for multitasking.
4.TOUCH : Touch is pretty responsive,neat,
5.KEYBOARD : keyboard itself is really smooth. its really nice to work on. To be honest , personally this keyboard is better than many elite laptops
6. WEBCAM : Webcam is pretty good, it works pretty well even in low light.
7.LOW NOISE : You can hardly hear any noise(except that of HDD) , when the fan goes to turbo under full pressure you can make out the fan sound, so under normal use its pretty much noiseless.
1. NO backlited keyboard.
2. Touch screen is SMUDGE magnet. I would recommend to get a screen guard that is anti- smudge.
3.TOUCHPAD could have been better..
4. Its too heavy to use it as Tablet.
5. RAM slot : Hardly accessible
Overall an excellent light weight laptop at 42,000/- bucks (I bought it at 41,990 bucks from Flipkart itself)
by Chanda Singh on 2016-01-02
Friends this is one of the best 360 degree Notebook that comes with Core i3-6th Gen.(4 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD /Windows 10)Natural Silver Colour .
I'm using this from past 3 months , its very comfortable stylish and does all the job, without any heating and hanging issues.
by Neeraj Gaur on 2016-09-24
I have almost used this laptop for 6 months, its performance is excellent. No issues as of now. Working as expected without any hang during normal usage. I have not tried any high end game though. Its touch and rotation is also smooth. HD view is great. A good buy !!
portable light and best
by tejha on 2016-05-17
I didn't buy this laptop from flipkart. Though flipkart offered me a low price than local retailer (3 thousand diff) I paid the extra money since they offered almost 2500 more than what flipkart recycle offered me,
I got it for 45.6k with 8k for old laptop and got one year anti virus free and accessories worth 1k and a bag.
I would have opted for flipkart if they had provided me a better deal on my old laptop..
The laptop is very cool, less heat, light and looks really premium in hands. It is portable and easy to carry.
by Anirudh Singh on 2016-02-23
Flipkart is one of the best sites to online shopping.............................
I m happy with service of flipkart................
View all 45 Reviews
HP x360 13" vs Lenovo 500s 14"
by Vasu on 2016-04-09
I was looking for a replacement for my dad's rock solid Acer Extensa, which literally weighed a rock, and a replacement for my own HP Pavilion laptop. Both almost 6-7 years old and working fine.
My Dad wanted a smaller 13.3" laptop, easier to travel Laptop with touch and decided to go with this HP x360 and with cashback got a nice offer for around 39k. I wanted a 14" laptop with higher processing power and decided to go with the Lenovo IdeaPad 500S - 14ISK without the Touch. It was core i5 with 8 GB RAM and after exchange of my old laptop costed me 3k more than this, from another e-retailer.
We both are happy with our purchases and each of these have there own positives. I will put the pros and cons of each as both costed me nearly the same, one with exchange of my old laptop and the other without exchange.
1. To Begin with the casings, both of them are in plastic, but the HP is a better built. As soon as you pick it up, you can feel it is more rigid and no flexes or sounds. The HP has a molded round edge on the corners which is a single piece, finished and looked better. The Lenovo has a flimsy side beading which doesn't look great and neither is as great to hold. Both look like Aluminium, but are plastic.
2. The Core i5 6th Gen ( 2.3Ghz with turbo boost to 2.8 Ghz )with 8 GB Ram on the lenovo is faster, but for daily use like browsing playing videos/blue-rays etc the core i3 6th gen 2.3 GHz is good enough.
3. The Screen is FHD on both, but the similarity ends there with the specs. The HP has a glossy screen and out of the box looks great. The screen is much more crispier and clearer. The lenovo, i had to play around with the Gamma and brightness settings and still definitely not as great as the HP. The Matte screen on the lenovo does not reflect light like the HP, but still I prefer the HP. The screen size is bigger on the lenovo but being the same resolution the pixel density on the HP is higher.
4. The lenovo can be folded 180 degrees and can be made flat. The HP can be folded 360 degrees and can be used as a Tablet. But it is heavy for a Tablet and probably will not use this functionality much. But the Hinges on the HP are better.
5. Both weigh around 1.7 kgs and are light. The adapters are same small sizes too.
6. Coming to the speakers, camera Lenovo fairs better than the ones on HP. Both the speakers are pretty loud compared to my older laptops, but the lenovo is louder and better.
7. I prefer the keyboard on the Lenovo, as it is softer. The touch pad on the HP has softer clicks.
9. The HP heats up on the left top corner, near the vents if i play Asphalt 8. The default setting plays well. On tablet mode you cannot play as you have to hold it exactly near the vents and it heats up. The lenovo with the 2GB graphics card does not heat up so much.
10. The Lenovo has an issue with the windows fast Boot as sometimes it blacks out the screen and i have to restart. So for now I have disabled the fast boot and works fine. But the HP has no issues and boots up faster. I am yet to check with the lenovo service for the solution. But since i managed to fix it for now with the longer boot and I liked the laptop, so decided to keep it and not return it.
So the final verdict based on my daily usage which is not much of Gaming, I and my dad prefer the HP x360 for its build and better screen.
Read this if you plan to add RAM
by ----- on 2016-01-24
This is a quick review that I might update later.......just wanted to point out a peculiar feature: The laptop has two SODIMM slots for RAM (one already has a 4GB stick), BUT THEY ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO GET TO! I'd planned on adding another 8GB for a total of 12GB. What I found was that the SODIMM slots are located on the underside of the system board, totally inaccessible from the outside! I found the manual at a HP webpage, and had to open around 12 screws, remove the keyboard, disconnect several connectors inside the laptop, remove the WLAN board, open another 7 screws on the system board, take the system board out, and then add the 8GB RAM to the empty SODIMM slot (and reverse everything correctly to get a functional laptop!). If there had been some kind of slot on the underside of the machine that could be opened to access the SODIMM slots, the whole thing could have been done in two minutes!
by Amazon Customer on 2015-12-20
Purchased from local shop in pune at 42000/-
by Prachi Jain on 2016-03-22
Only one flaw fan makes little noise.. rest all be its voice, battery, screen size, speed, storage evrythng so far is good.
Great laptop for internet browsing
by Prafulla Giri on 2016-08-13
Great touch screen laptop if you are not used to work on large screen workstation .The screen is very small for my use and lacking extra RAM and SSD . great for touchscreen browsing . great seller though.
A Good & Handy Notebook
by Basant on 2016-06-17
The HP laptop/notebook is good & handy. The best part is that it boots up very fast. It also shuts down very fast
Secondly, the touch screen is great. Nearly as good as a iPad screen.
Am using it from last one month to watch movies,do my regular work and is working absolutely fine.
by Ashish D. on 2016-07-20
Quite a handy thing for day to day browsing and word processing. Solid build and aesthetically pleasing design, and that awesome 1080p screen...
Love you Amazon and HP - Kisi ki nazar na Lag jaye mere Laptop ko
by Ravikant Verma. on 2016-04-28
Hats off to HP for Designing a super futuristic product. Only drawback I see is its beautiful and fast "KISI KI NAZAR NA LAGE."
Worst product quality of HP pavilion laptop
by Amazon Customer on 2016-09-11
I purchased HP Pavilion laptop on 10th of August 2016, the laptop started showing problem of touch screen and keypad, very slow in speed, unable to install Google chrome. When I called the customer care of amazon on 30th August 2016, they simply refuse to change it as the time limit set for returning the item expired. Suggesting me to call HP ,this was not at all expected from Amazon.
by Bharath raj on 2015-12-16
Great Product. Nice graphics and nice design. The size of the Product is too good as I think no Laptop + tab is as larger than that. I am fully satisfied with this product
View all 79 Reviews