by Parthasarathi Sengupta on 2014-07-04
I brought this laptop yesterday from Amazon and the experience has been undoubtedly amazing.
Here are few considerations before I chose to go with this laptop , keeping the technology refresh that happens in every 3 years.
* The processor - Intel i3-3110m - Has Hyper-threading and 2 cores. So good at applications that can leverage this feature like Video editing, 3D rendering, and heavy multi-tasking. I am not a game addict, so for people who wish to play high end games should look for Intel i5 or i7 processors. Other low end intel processors like celeron are not worth investing as they will eventually die out in next 1-2 years.
* HDD - 500 GB - This is pretty much good, as 1TB HDD has more potential of failure due to read and write sectors being far apart at times.
* RAM - 2GB in only one slot and this was little disappointing as I wanted to have atleast another slot for adding memory. However this too not a big limitation as I had installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with ease and it works like a charm. Getting a 4GB DDR3 doesn't really cost more than Rs2500 for laptops.
* The Re-seller - Amazon has been really good in the way they package and send it. One day delivery really works pretty good and overall satisfied with their support. And more importantly the manufacturing date of the laptop is Apr, 2014.
One the flip side:
* This laptop comes with DOS, so you need to go for an operating system unless you have one with you already. This is not a limitation as ubuntu comes free and anyone can download and make a bootable USB stick and install it.
* The touch pad is not that user friendly. Although you have synaptics touchpad drivers. Using an external mouse is best.
* No way to turn off WIFI or play around with sounds externally by a button or press.
* They ship with Windows 8 drivers DVD. So if you plan to install windows 7 or linux, you may have to download atleast network or wifi drivers for connecting your laptop to internet and get the rest. All the drivers are available on lenevo website.
Overall very very happy with the product and shipment. Since its just a day for me using it, I have practically no complaints.
If you plan to purchase it, then go for it.. !! All the best.
good but operating system missing
by jayant mohan on 2014-05-10
Ordered the product online but the information about the product at the website ought to have clarified that operating system is not being given in the laptop which was a bit of a disappointment and dampened the experience of buying the product online.. otherwise the product is good..i think the operating system must be provided with the laptop even if some extra cost is charged otherwise the product is not ready to use upon delivery.. otherwise the product is good
by Vijay C Devda on 2014-10-02
Very Good Laptop But Want To Install Operating System First To these Laptop. These Laptop Not Come With Operating System I Have Install Win 8.1 In These Laptop. At All These The Best Laptop It's Operating Speed is Only 4 Second Awesome.
Excelent product very fast
by Naveen hemani on 2014-08-28
Excellent product is has 2 ram slots and lightning fast 2.4Gh prosesor and very importent it has allmost 5 hours battery life its best by lenovo.It can play all latest games.I'm very happy with this product.
by Joel on 2014-07-09
Good seller, got the product as mentioned without any problem, good experience with Amazon. Product is good, problem is there is just one 2.0 usb with two 3.0 usb apart from that all is well :)
by Vivek Parate on 2014-07-17
Its a nice laptop....light weight n silent fan with good speed....camera is avg...battery is good....nice display....overall meeting my expections...with a gud price
Amazon service is good..
by Venu on 2015-02-01
Low price...Amazon service is good...Good product...Good performance with Windows 64 bit..i am using this laptop for the last 1 year...its working great...
by Amazon Customer on 2014-07-13
Lenovo G50059-380860 15.6 -inch LED Laptop (Black) is good value for money.. the best configuration you can get at price this low !
Fullfilling the requirement
by Jithendar Jain on 2014-07-22
its nice lappy fullfills normal day to day requirement and business support. but the speaker are not that great. they are average.
by Gaurav Solanki on 2014-07-25
Very nice laptop. I like it very much
Worth at this price. I have installed 8GB ram in this model.
View all 22 Reviews