A Very Good Product + Lighting fast Delivery = Mindblowing!!!!
by Georgie Jacob on 2015-04-05
I had just ordered yesterday for this amazing machine through standard delivery on WS retail and i got delivered today in the noon.. Got a Lenovo Branded Backpack(premium quality) free, had an offer on WS retail when i booked.
Coming to the laptop lenovo G 50-70 for the price of 37490 with 4thgen i3/8gb/1TB/2gb graph (ATI)/win 8.1/ is worth every penny spend on it..in my opinion for the same amount there are only few laptops available..
there are many G 50-70 specs for different prices i hope you guys find the right one like i did
by srini on 2015-05-12
I am experiencing very slow, system bootup is slow, need to wait in minutes for application to appear on click, for any click buttons trackpad are so hard very difficult to click. still very dissatisiffed with this product
Good one but not a great display
by Sandjaie R on 2015-05-17
After searching for two weeks I settled down with this model. The config is really good though I wasn't in need of a graphic card I still took this model as this seemed to be the best under i3 4030/8GB RAM/1TB HDD section.
Everything is good except for the display I gave a Lenovo thinkpad T420s with same screen resolution but 14" this is nothing compared to that and my 5 years old acer aspire 5740's display still looks better than this.
Boot time is really fast not slow as mentioned in the previous reviews. It took 3 secs to boot into windows 8.1. Somehow I have disabled the secure boot and installed ubuntu 15.04 after a lot of trial and error methods. Now I am dual booting without any issues. Ubuntu boots up in 5 secs. After disabling fast boot now win8.1 takes 10 secs to boot.
No comments on graphic card as I haven't used it. Speakers are okay. Got it for 1k extra, 4 days ago. I know the price is less now :-(
UPDATE: flipkart has mentioned the ram frequency as 1600 Mhz. Truth is" 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)"
by MKS on 2015-04-15
No doubt for this configuration and price combination its completely worth buying.
There are some issue which I am facing like:-
1) Laptop build(body) is not great.
2) Even after having this awesome configuration, windows start up takes lot of time. ( This is known windows 8.1 issue but I was expecting less time to boot and unfortunately expectation not fulfilled).
3) Laptop comes with dolby sound but the quality is not that good.
Other than above 3 issues, laptop is good.
by Munuswamy Reddy Thota on 2015-08-26
Hi, I have buy the product from flipkart. The product quality was good, working very smoothly, good product for this price
by Chacko on 2015-05-13
The configuration is as good as it can be.
The laptop is however too big and looks very fragile. My old laptop lasted 4 yrs. I'm not sure about this one in terms of the hardware.
About Not Working the GRAPHICS CARD & USB 3.0
by rISHI paNSARE on 2015-07-04
1. the usb 3.0 not working till the moment from receiving this product. I have tried nos of driver but it could not support and gives msg like this your system could not meet the minimum requirements?
2. also the AMD Radeon dedicated 2 gb graphics card not in workable due to same problem
Good product in this price !
by Avishek gupta on 2015-06-25
I have been using this product for the last two months and I did not encountered any problem with the performance of the laptop. Though Lenovo has done many cost cutting with the build quality but it is fine, not that bad. The keyboard is a bit clumsy, could have been better. It is better to get rid of the pre-installed Lenovo apps, they are of no use :D
by Sachin Shamkuwar on 2015-06-19
1. Big Screen for entertainment
2. 2GB Graphics card for playing games
3. 1TB storage to store lots of pics and videos.
4. Lenovo means Quality
5. Free Windows 10 upgrade is cherry on the top.
6. Dolby sound feels awesome to ears.
1. Highly sensitive touchpad : Even if my finger is in air near touchpad, it gets activated. This gets nasty if I am actually touching one finger, second finger remain in air and suddenly scroll motion gets activated (like two finger scroll)
2. I am not yet comfortable with keyboard. Keys are separated from each other. My hands are small and I have to move whole hand just to reach some keys.
3. Screen brightness might be a issue if there is lot of sunlight coming in room. It gets lot of light reflection from screen.
4. To press F1, I have to actually press Fn + F1. By pressing F1 only, it does sound mute. I have changed Hotkey settings in BIOS to disable hotkey functionality. Then I am good.
5. It has in built DVD writer. Though someone may disagree, I list this as cons. Who needs DVDs these days, I haven't used one since last 4-5 years. Download everything or use Pen Drives even to boot OS.
Giving it 4/5 for cons points 1 and 2.
Overall I am happy, getiing 2 years additional warranty and 1 TB external Lenovo HDD under BTC offer
by abhilash b on 2015-06-18
I bought this product and it was delivered with good packaging.
the only cons is with display, there's a small dot like structure appearing in the display otherwise everything is smooth. speakers are great. worth buying
View all 14 Reviews
by Rohit Thorat on 2015-03-24
Its best and cheapest among its fellow mates. The sound quality of lenovo laptops is too good.
This is a good mid-range laptop
by Shivam ray on 2015-11-03
It's been six months ,since i bought this laptop.
This is a good mid-range laptop. The multi tasking is great. fast. I have also played games like assassins creed 3, and prototype , and the run just fine. It comes in with a lot of lenovo in built applications. and removing them is a tought job. Secondly there are some minor bugs , for example the audio jack shuts off, the touch pad gets disable on its own(problems will resolve just by restarting). The battery life is also pretty good (7hrs).
But over all very smooth , fast, promising
by Pawan Nanda on 2015-06-18
Be cautioned. Lenovo pre-loads it's laptop with an adware known as Superfish Visual Discovery.
I tried manually uninstalling it and that corrupted my Windows. Had to do an OS refresh.
The machine is very sluggish and does not feel like an 8 GB RAM machine. Primarily because Lenovo has loaded it with bloatware.
by Mohammad A. on 2015-06-10
nice laptop got it in 2days hatsoff amazon
and the product is also good with good battery. backup of 4 hr and i would recommend this product friends
Product is good for this price range
by Uday on 2015-07-02
Product is good for this price range. I have not played games in this laptop yet. Battery life could even better. But it is OK.
by Srinivas on 2015-04-24
Very Good and Very Best
by C S R Murti on 2015-07-29
Laptop is good. The software are easy to load. Windows 8.1 is bit confusing.
... heavy but its sleek design and specs made it better.
by chaitanya on 2015-06-30
Its a bit heavy but its sleek design and specs made it better.
Good product at good price
by Biju Gopinathan on 2015-05-15
Prompt delivery by Amazon. Good product at good price.
by venu on 2015-10-15
Very Nice product with very Good Price....
View all 21 Reviews