good value for money product.
by mukund goswami on 2014-06-17
Good value for money product. I've been using this for close to 4 months now.
1. Fast charging.
2. I listen close to 1.5 to 2 hrs daily so one charging cycle lasts close to 3 -4 days.
3. Sound quality is okay but requires better headphones. The stock headphones are no good at all.
4. Can be used as a USB too but data transfer is too slow. (one movie transfer will take forever). Good for documents and small sized files.
5. Volume is not very high, so people who want player with high volume, better take a trial in the store and then buy from here(since it's cheaper here).
6. Needs to be switched off after the use by play/pause button long-press, else battery continues to drain(at least for some time).
by Suneel on 2014-09-05
Just go for it. Even at Volume 1(One) / 16, you can clearly listen to all notes of music at home. Sound quality is really good. If you compare price with any other manufacturer, this is a dead cheap one with good sound quality. Buy a good head set to better experience the sound. Go for Philips She 1360 ( < Rs. 200) head set to control your expenditure below ~ Rs. 1500. Navigation is simple. Data transfer rate is also good while syncing with computer.
1) Buy blindly from Amazon which is offering it at least Rs.200 less when compared to other sites.
Budget MP3 player with more than decent features ;-) Philips has done it..
by KG on 2016-04-22
Well worth it if u are looking for a budget mp3 player..
Pros :1. The size - definitely a plus point, it can fit in any of your pockets without being even noticed
2. Weight : One of the lightest mp3 player out in the market
3. Looks : Pretty decent show-off device
4. Display : 1 inch display with good quality brightness
5. Battery : For me, it lasted more than 10 sessions of 1 hr gym and some after that.. '6 minutes charge 1 hr playback'- its TRUE!!
6. Folder view : Extremely helpful in organising and listening to particular songs
7. Volume and Sound : 17 decibel levels ( 0-16).. Pair it up with a Sennheiser CX180 street/JBL150A/Phillips SHQ1200 or any other decent earphone/headphone and U will get satisfied and volume of 7-10, no more needed. Output is awesome, bass/treble will definitely depend on the headphone u use, so choose wisely, o' wise one!!
8. FM and Audio/FM recording : has upto 30 presets with FM recording and audio recording
9. Tactile : 6 buttons ( select, up, down, back, volume up/down) are pretty sturdy and provide a good tactile feedback
10. Ease of Use : This one has made listening to music easier. Those 6 buttons mentioned can help u smoothly navigate through all the menus and songs; its a USB inbuilt so just connect to a PC to transfer files ( yes, it can act as a 4gb flash drive) and USB charging
Cons 1. Earphones provided alongwith are as good as useless for such a decent device
2. Only MP3 and WMA supported
3. Recorded sound not that great
4. No playlists
5. No inbuilt speaker, so u basically have to use/buy another headphone as once provided alongwith are not good
6. Its a fingerprint magnet, so u will feel the need to clean it again and again ( though i am bit of a nerd in that respect)
7. No date and time display. Now date is not a problem, but time, I want to see, right?
8.The time has moved and so has technology. Now this device does not have bluetooth so falls behind in current times(but so does every other device of that time).
Brought from Cloudtail, shipped through Amazon transportation service - delivered within 24 hrs WITHOUT 1 day delivery.. Complete 5 stars to Amazon for that..ENOUGH SAID!!
Good for the price, better than iPod Shuffle
by Ashwin on 2016-09-16
This is a good substitute for an iPod Shuffle and manages to even beat it on some factors. I visited an Apple store and learnt that Apple has no future plans to support and manufacture iPods, which means what you buy will be the last without spares and support. This product is 53% less in price than an iPod Shuffle, holds 4GB, which is twice the iPod Shuffle capacity, requires no syncing as such and since its a USB drive, needs no wires. Philips is an outstanding, but underated company. My dad's vinyl player is over 40 years old and still plays LPs. Philips can be compared to Shoegaze band Ride which is not as renowned as Oasis, but musically a far talented band. Too bad the hype that Apple has created means people will only think of an iPod Shuffle when better products exist. Oasis were good only with their first two albums. This player also has a clip and also features a recorder. You get more bang for buck. The earphones are average. For the best music experience I prefer an LP followed by a CD in a room. For my 6 mile brisk walk, the Philips GoGear Mix 4GB is just right!
by Amzy on 2015-12-18
I really love the way you people do the business; before time delivery and exceptional product quality. I must say, I am totally satisfied customer, as both the products (YUREKA and PHILIPS GOGEAR MIX MP3 Player) have been working to the perfection. The Philips GoGear MP3 Player is a smooth operator. Following are its strong areas,
1. The player gets booted-up faster.
2. Keys/Buttons are soft in terms of operation.
3. Exceptional Sound and good Equalizer.
4. Light weight, so it can be carried with ease on the go.
5. Handsome battery capacity.
The only drawback,
1. The earphones given with this MP3 player are really pathetic.
Purely worth under 1500Rs.!!!!! Love it!!
by Prashanth K. on 2015-02-24
Its a really good product.. Gave it to mom.. she loves it too.. kinda easy to play songs and forward and backward. She loved it!
The delivery was in 2 days .. thanks to amazon.. :)
This is a good deal for ~1500 Rs mp3 player.. with display too :)
by Book-Nerd on 2015-12-08
Small, convenient and spiffy. Buy it if you're looking for a no-fuss music player for a very reasonable price. The earphones that come along suck but with a good pair the sound quality is excellent.
Nice Product, Worth buy at this rate
by Dhruv Joshi on 2014-10-16
The design looks nice. The clip fits nicely. The maximum volume level is not too high (I'll rate it 4/5). The quality of given earphones is ok, So go for some other headphones( I have tried with Sennheiser PX100, its amazing). The battery life is good. The display is sufficient. I've not tried the voice recording yet.
Overall it is a good buy for this price.
it is generally a good experience. sound is good
by aviv shahar on 2015-10-14
I am using the Philips GoGear Mix for 3 weeks now.
it is generally a good experience. sound is good, is is shik and lightweight.
Only 3 issues I see that are cons:
1. battery life is too short. It needs a daily recharge.
2. In shuffle mode you cannot restart the current song.
3. It doesn't support foreign languages fonts.
by shyam sundar on 2016-09-25
This is a good MP3 player with sufficient space for numerous songs. Quite easy to transfer files as it doesnt require any software installation. I am such a fan of Philips for a decade now. I didn't give 5 stars because the earphones we get with this player is not good as compared to other ones like sony. So better get a good headphone.
View all 358 Reviews