Value for Money TV - with minor kinks
by Vijay Tikekar on 2016-08-21
I purchased this TV on 12th Aug but due to holiday weekend (15th Aug), got the TV delivered on 18th Aug. As usual, Flipkart delivery rocks and the post delivery report is taken to ensure that physical condition of the TV is undamaged. Post this, I got a call from Jeeves Solution for a TV demo. In essence, we could skip this step but I still wanted to check if there is anything more that happens. The demo went well, it got the stand fitted, tested a few common ports like USB, RCA, HDMI etc and we signed off. So overall it was all fine.
I have been using 32" Samsung Series 4 HD Ready TV and the size of this TV is humongous and it is much thinner. I mean you need a bigger room to be able to view all the details, perhaps a hall.
The Colors, Brightness, Contrast are all fine and I couldn't spot real weakness in the picture quality. It has a Noise Reduction feature which adjusts the motion blur or pixelation of picture and is a useful feature. People with HDMI inputs might not need this (Default is set to "Medium").
Sound quality is also good (mind you, I migrated from Samsung Series 4 so it felt much better than Samsung). Off course, the BASS / TREBLE / Voice quality of majority of down firing speakers in LED TVs is underwhelming so if you watch movies on this TV, it is recommended to get at least 2.1 sound system as this TV has an Headphone Out (Note: I tested the Headphone but haven't yet used any sound system to comment on Audio Out performance but since headphone worked well, I assume it will be ok).
Connectivity: This TV features the best connectivity out there for the price. 2 USBs / 2 HDMIs/ RCA Composite / PC Speaker In/ PC Video Port / AV Out etc - you name it. I tested all ports and found everything working as expected. One minor glitch I found was that out of the TV USB ports, it seems only USB 1 actually supports HDD while the other functions for Flash Drive type products. In another review on Flipkart, someone claimed HDD doesn't work but I can assure you that it does. For the records, I have ADATA HV620 (2 TB) HDD with NTFS formatting and 4 partitions. The USB 1 port picked it up without any issues and I was able to play most of the content from the HDD. It was reasonably fast in reading contents as well - so no lag in data stream either. Full HD content played was outstanding - I tested The Jungle Book (1080P) to see if I find any issues but it was flawless. Both HDMI ports seem to work well - I even tested MHL connection via my Sony Xperia Z2 phone and it was gorgeous.
The remote control is actually very small and if you have used a branded TVs like Samsung / LG etc, you will find that it doesn't have too many controls. But it has a few positives as well - direct buttons to select inputs like USB, HDMI etc. One interesting quirk I found was - you can press the same button twice in case of USB / HDMI to toggle between inputs. E.g. if you have connected a Flash Drive in USB 2 port, you can press "USB" button twice to select the input and playback as required.
The major issue though are the lack of presets in Audio / Video settings - only a few and not many tweaks are available on the remote as well to adjust the values accordingly. So you might have to play around the values that you are comfortable with.
I have tested the TV so far and am generally happy with it. But still there are a few cons that are hard to miss:
1) TV startup has a large InFocus logo which can't be turned off or atleast changed to something less bright.
2) TV Supports almost all the file playback except *.RM / *.RMVB and *.FLV. All other formats work fine.
3) TV Media Player interface is very ancient. There are no dedicated buttons on the Remote and you can activate the Control Panel via "OK" button while playing the movie.
4) TV Media Player has a few good features like "Time Seek" when playing a Movie (you can directly go to a time value in the stream saving the whole) but biggest drawback is the lack of features supporting Subtitles in a movie. You can't change the size or color of Font, no subtitle sync is supported either. Often I found that subtitles are not visible as the background is white and since you can't change the Font, you can't see what's happening. This is one feature in my Samsung Series 4 I miss the most.
All the above cons can be fixed via a Firmware update if Infocus TV has one - I didn't see the site hosting anything similar but I believe it should be doable.
Verdict: Fantastic value form Money product. Need to see the long term performance but first impressions are good.
Awesome Product.....Paaisa vasool
by Girish Reddy on 2016-09-03
Picture quality is good..sound quality is also Good....I got this TV delivered in 2 days as uusal by Flipkart and installation was done two days after the delivery.. before buying that I also considered buying VU and Micromax TV,panasonic,LG, philips, Samsung(40 inches..same price range) after reading the reviews and comparing the specifications I came to a conclusion that all the televisions in this range are nearly same..this one had few minor upgrades. The reason why I went for this TV was those additional minor features and that it is ma
manufactured by foxconn.
Better Product when compared to Branded products like Sony,Samsung, LG......
Picture qulaity is outstanding with hd resolution when compared to Samsung, LG, Philips (cost is very high in this segment like 35000 to 50000 of branded products)
You will definetly satisfied with this product but u cant expext more with this price range...
But Before delivery of the product, please check the panel whether its ok or not.( any breakage or dots or damage of the panel) if its ok onlu you should receive the product.But i strongly recommend you to go for the product.
Best in class Full-HD LED TV
by Ratiranjan Senapati on 2016-08-09
Infocus is a new brand in India which has a deep root in USA. Also its from Foxconn which prepares mobiles for iPhone. Hence i got the confident to go for it.
And finally after a use of around 3 months, i am very much happy with this TV. This is not less in picture quality than any of other good brand TVs(Sony,Samsung etc) available in market. Great product.
Sound quality is average.
Go for it.
Do not support external HDD
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-07-22
TV display is good.
Do not play all video formats from USB
Quality of product is not good
External Hard Disk not supported even 500GB(Flipkart technical team and technician who visited they said support 1TB). After calling InFocus customer care clarifies that do not support external hard disk
Technicians do not have skills and do not know about product clearly
Flipkart service is worst and customer care service is pathetic.
Conclusion:Brand always brand go for good brands instead of cheap models
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-09-26
Display is not up to mark auto volume is not working
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-07-18
if u r looking for led 40 inch tv then go for it.
excellent picture and sound quality.
i bought the tv in extended warranty offer .but got it after some sort of struggle .also installation was delayed. but regarding tv quality its the best i have ever experienced.
Awesome Product at Low price
by Anup Jadhav on 2016-07-26
I have purchased this product a week ago in 5 days delivery and installation. TV is very nice by look and to watch. Pl mark my words that this TV is more good than VU,Intex,vediocon.
This is American company and made by Foxconn that's shows its quality.
I searched a lot on web and saw lots of vedios on YouTube then finalized to buy Infocus.
1. This is American brans
2. Made by Foxconn
3. 1 year + 2 year extended warranty.
4. Price is best.
5. On sight service within 72 hours.
6. Superb clarity
7. Easy handling. UV protected
1. Some audio not supports.
2. HEVC format vedio not supports.
3. Back cover made by plastic.
4. Need to pay extra charges for extended warranty.
Conclusion: At this price this is the best product. Go for it for sure.
by Sevva Rambabu on 2016-08-23
Display is OK but remote is not good cheap meterial
by naga ramesh vinnakota on 2016-07-24
ordered on 20th and got it n installed on 22nd July.. this television is awesome.. We already own a Sony tv and when we decided to buy a new led tv for my to setup in the bedroom, taught of buying in the range of 25k... and at 1st i taught to go for a micromax tv... and after some careful study in some online forums and some techies reviews i decided to buy one tv between vu and infocus... both looked equally good... but the word 'FOXCONN' attracted me more and decided to go with this.. and now im happy with my decision... this tv is pretty gud .. picture, sound perfect... it is been running continuously, no problems detected yet.. with the 1 yr warranty i took 2 yrs extended warranty for 2300... so 3 yrs i can live peacefully..
well the only problem i faced is when i play mkv, avi files the video is running but it is not supporting every audio format... only mp3, aac audio formats are playing.. if u hv something other than these u hv to do some extra work by converting the audio format using tools like avidemux.
Lets see how it goes on, another detailed review after 3 months use
First impression is GOOD
by Swathanthira Kumar on 2016-07-13
Reasons for selecting the InFocus 40 TV :
1) I had an 32 inch Samsung 3D TV and it lasted exactly a little over 3 years. It's display panel died and the cost to repair it (via Samsung) was nearly the price of an LG 32 inch HD ready TV.
2) I was advised by multiple technicians to simply go in for a TV that offers the longest warranty.
3) As I shopped around, I found this 40 inch InFocus Full HD TV with a limited time extended warranty for the display panel, which is about 25 % cheaper than brands like LG and Samsung for a similar sized product.
4) I have used InFocus projectors before and they were durable.
5) The assembler is Foxconn although the plant is located in Chennai and not Taiwan. This plant I believe (based on an online news source) also assembles Sony TVs.
1. The 40 inch InFocus Full HD TV *seems* robust (based on 2 week usage).
2. The sound is definitely much better than my previous 32 inch Samsung TV.
1. The supplied TV remote is somewhat small and is not as solid as my previous Samsung 32 inch. However, I tell myself that I just use it to switch on and switch off and channel surfing happens on the DTH remote.
1) Flipkart service was responsive and they ensured that I got the limited time extended warranty.
1) I will suggest that you buy the extended warranty if it is not part of the sale. You can wait for Flipkart TV days and use the savings to buy the extended warranty. It is the only way to have some peace of mind for at least the warranty period.
2) Invest in a UPS to protect your TV / other electronic goods.
3) Make sure the ventilation around your TV is good and dust, heat and humidity levels are low.
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-09-08
View all 137 Reviews