by Rahul Kela on 2014-04-26
I bought this TV in 2013 Diwali Offer @ Rs.1,21,600 with PS3 as a freebie and 24 EMIs at 0% interest. Price is reduced lately. Anyway, let me put my 2 cents here.
- Amazing Display - Colours just come alive, superb contrast, black is black and not gray!
- Wireless streaming from mobile and laptop - one touch to stream your Full HD Videos recorded on mobile
- Superb 3D
- Sound - Really clear and good bass. This TV is equipped with a sub-woofer as well.
- Design - Monolithic design makes it look a masterpiece
- Software Update - Almost getting it once per month, so I would consider it as well supported
- Tons of built-in apps
Viewing angle: Colours start fading as you move away from the TV to sideways (1 star down)
Hope it helps!
Great LED TV with some limitations!
by Kishore Reddy on 2015-02-25
Price: Bought this during July 2014 in Bangalore for 95K
1. ONLY TV in Triluminos Series to have a 3D ACTIVE. All TV's in 2015 Triluminos series have 3D Passive. (SONY has moved this feature to Premium Class X series where the range varies from 174000/- till 1699990/- !!)
2. Great Picture Quality, Its a visual treat for Kids and people who like 3D movies.
3. 4 3D Glasses
4. A lightweight Extra Remote (One touch remote)
5. Received 3 updates in last 7 months
6. Sound Quality is awesome when you play pop songs. A GREAT HOME THEATRE coupled with this TV is a great combination for music lovers.
7. GooglePlay app store has an app named "TV Remote for Sony" is a great handy app one should have for all SONY TV's with internet connectivity.
8. 1st time Wifi setup is Easy BUT depends upon the Wifi router model. Old routers have issues with connection where as NEW Gen models are very straightforward and DO NOT need any interference until you change the pin or Reset to factory settings!
Primary Remote (RM-GD026) is BAD!!
1. It HAS NO _ _ key to directly go to a desired channel number You need to press all the way with increase and decrease buttons)
2. The REMOTE is VERY SLOW!! Its takes MORE than a moment to go to NEXT Channel Worse than my OLD BPL TV (I'm serious NOT Joking)!
3. After Connecting to Internet ITS REALLY VERY VERY HECTIC to type using remote and navigate to pages!! Tried to connect Wireless keyboard to the TV but Bravia DID NOT recognise the wireless keyboard or mouse!
4. AVI format movies are NOT supported
5. NO 3rd party cameras are supported by Sony LED TV's! You need to buy only SONY accessories!
6. Tough to Plug in the Cables from set-top box to TV as there is ANY gap left to put your hand back of the TV!! Struggled for at least 20 mins to plug in while relocation
People say this lacks a camera. FYI, Camera is NOT inbuilt for newer models released after this model unlike laptop. The camera (CMU-BR200) is an EXTERNAL setup which can be bought on sony store or anywhere else for Rs: 3500/- or under!
TIP for wall mounting:
Always mount the TV such that, When you sit in the chair Straight facing the TV, the TV's CENTER should be your HEAD's Center for better viewing angle and enjoyable experience.
Sony Manual says a SONY BRANDED wall mount model will be supplied during installation In reality you will receive a LOCAL MAKE with NO name on it while installation. When I asked the technician he said they use this as a standard wall mount for all LED TV's till 46". You are left with NO other go but just to accept! :(
Excellent non 4K LED 3D TV
by PRAKASH BALAKRISHNAN on 2014-06-04
I got this TV from one of the Pune showroom at discounted price as part of Diwali offer.
I can say this is the only Non 4k best tv available in Indian market. May be Samsung 8 series can match but color and its opticontrast panel beat other competitions.
With current reduced price, this TV is value for money too. Worth to buy and company may have limited stock since 2014 Model also available in market, but only in 55 inches.
Grab when you have it (Only very few stocks left!!)
by Shiva Iyer on 2015-02-26
First thing everyone will say about this TV is that it's discontinued!!
Yes!! it is. But this is the best Active 3D full HD TV Sony has ever produced. I'm really surprised by their decision to stop it. But service available for 10 more years.
I searched almost 50 models of Active 3D TVs and spent almost 6 months to find the right TV (LED or Plasma? 3D or non 3D? Active or Passive 3D? all these stuff) and finally decided on this. But since the price is enormous I was saving money. But all of a sudden the TV got discontinued and was not available anywhere.
I spent another 2 months tracking down few pieces left in the country.Tried in OLX, Quikr , showrooms etc. In flipkart too, the stock was over.
Finally bought the TV in a local retailer for a bargain price and the DREAM came true finally!!
Now enough of my story. Let's go into the TV.
Why this TV?
1. Full HD with Triluminous Technology.
I saw this TV side by side with other TVs like Samsung, LG etc. The colors were awesome on Sony TV. The color difference between various shades is real as shown in the Sony ads and they are just plain in case of other TVs.
Thought this is an edge lit LED TV the output is equivalent to the full backlit LED TVs
Also I'm against UHD TVs as there's not much content and even the Full HD blurays and DTH will be up-scaled and thereby deteriorating the quality of the picture.
2. Active 3D.
Many would argue now. "Passive is the best". "That Active market is out.". "Passive glasses are light". "No external battery required" "Cheap and best " etc etc.
But let me tell you... please go and watch 3D content in the showroom with Active 3D glasses. It will blow your mind!! Reason is that in Active 3D the full HD content is captured by the eyes and the outcome is just beyond awesome!!
Sony gives 4 glasses which is sufficient. If you need extra it can be got from Sony center for 1999.
AVATAR and Life of PI looked 10 times better than in Cinemas.
3. Sound. (with bass reflex speakers).
I was skeptical about this. Though the sound was crystal clear compared to the other televisions the bass was not felt in initial days.
After like 100 hours of listening, the bass sound started to pop. This is because the speakers got burned in perfectly and it was a treat!!
4. Look and Feel
The build quality is really fantastic and adds a luxury ambiance to your living room. TV is little Heavy (20kgs) but you need it for it to support the big screen.
5. Upscaling for 480p contents
Most of the channels available in DTH are SD. But the TV upscales them smooth as much as possible making them clear.
For Full HD contents I sit at 4 feet from TV. For SD I sit at 7 ft from where it looks better. (But at 10 feet it's excellent)
6. Smart TV with tons of features (refer sony site)
Now coming to the cons:
1. The processor speed is somewhat less compared to the non 3D TVs. May be cost cutting. This could be felt when loading any of the smart Apps in the TV.
2. The UI is rich and royal but still LG TV has more functionality. eg. Subtitle sync, Subtitle size , Subtitles color etc.
3. For some videos though it plays, it displays a big error that content not supported which cannot be cleared too.
4. Selecting the scene selection for watching normal TV can be a little problem.
1. The colors fade when not sat in front of TV. But this is a problem with all LED.
2. Google app store is still not available. Hence the TV makes use of opera store though runs on Android
The support for the TV will be there for next 10 years. This is an awesome TV which will soon be no more available. so grab it ASAP!! You won't regret it!!
by Flipkart Customer on 2014-12-01
Overall the TV is awesome.
Superb picture quality (beats Samsung, and LG is no where near it)
Amazing active 3D in different modes (though there is not much 3D content available in India, still the visual treat to the eyes)
Easy to connect/set up with wifi
A user friendly Smart TV
Does not have a camera.
Sony has not compromised on quality of this product.
If you have budgets and are looking for something durable with high picture quality, go for it. 80k is a good price for this TV.
by Rohit Andley on 2014-07-19
This TV beats the other models under 2 lakhs. The 3D is far better than those models of sony also since it has got Active 3D which runs by battery but the effects are simply damn good. Now days TVs are passive 3D which are like the glasses you get in a cinema hall when you watch a 3D movie. Other words no battery or charging required. But the effects cannot be compared to Active one. Overall this TV is by far one the best TVs Sony has produced. The only problem I have with flipkart is that they are selling for Ra.1,04,900. Whereas you can get it for 98-99K from any of the stores like Reliance Digital, Croma or Jumbo Electronics after bargain! Its better to buy from these places instead of online.
Keep away from Sony Bravia in India. When it comes to service, they are horrible.
by Sudarsh Edathadan on 2014-12-13
Keep away from Sony Bravia TVs in India. My 2 year old Bravia got main board complaint and had to replace. I gave it at their authorized service center in Thrissur. They put one used and repaired board and charged me Rs. 9900/-. The board we got have slightly damaged pins and dust settled in all their ports and signs of wear on audio and video pins. I posted complaint on their site with the photos. Unfortunately the official reply from Sony is that the board is new and never used. They don't even bother to verify my complaint.
EXCELLENT PICTURE AND SOUND QUALITY
by Rathin Khan on 2014-09-10
EXCELLENT PICTURE AND SOUND QUALITY,GOO...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................D
View all 8 Reviews