Nice but problem with WiFi drivers
by Venkat Ramana on 2016-02-23
This product is so nice but facing the problems with WiFi drivers only. Otherwise I will give 5 stars. Any fix for this?
Core i5 at this price? Wow
by Bran dam on 2016-01-07
I purchased this laptop from a local store because at the time of purchase it was out of stock for my location.
On to the specs:
1. The operating system is Linpus Lite, which is a command-line based Linux distribution. It is a bit awkward for a normal user; as I primarily use Ubuntu and Arch Linux, I had absolutely no problem setting up my OS - if you wish to use Windows (with or without Linux), install Windows first, and then the Linux distribution if needed; else change Boot parameter from "UEFI" to "Legacy" and install pure Linux.
2. The CD provided with the laptop contains drivers for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. But Ubuntu is smart enough to figure out what suits best. Almost.
3. The "almost" above concerns the wireless driver, which is not available by default for Ubuntu 12.04 and above. One has to get the source code and compile it manually, which does require some work.
4. The battery does indeed last for 5 hours as claimed; one can use alternate power management tools to stretch it up to 7 hours!
5. The speakers are situated under the body, and the sound quality is decent.
6. Although Flipkart mentions NA for graphics processor, it is Intel Haswell (HD 4400). With a decent 1.3 MP webcam on board, the video calls were good enough.
Overall experience: Great
Best laptop under 30000
by Danish on 2016-03-06
I got this one at around 28.5 k. And believe me you cant get better than this for the price!!!
1) i5 (4th gen) , Yes the clock speed is lower than i5 (5th gen) but the max clock speed (2.7 ghz) is same in both the case .
2) Acer service is great . I have used Acer laptop before and i am fully satisfied.
3) Works like a charm, being a programmer I use heavy applications and all of them run smoothly.
Cons : 1) comes with a command line linux and strangely doesnt support ubuntu.
2) No dedicated notification light for WIFI or Caps button
PS: do not install ubuntu or windows 7. Drivers are not supported. Install windows 8 or 10.In either case download all drivers from acer website. I suffered for two days coz i installed old driver and my wifi was not working due to that.
ok for personal. not for professional use
by Prakhar Saxena on 2016-08-09
Its a good laptop but lacks in performance. Good for the personal use.
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-08-07
The product performance is good, but the laptop is very heavy.
by Athira Surendran on 2016-05-16
It came in linux as written. I had to install windows in it. First i installed with windows 7. installed drivers using the CD that came along with it. But the wireless drivers were not working. When I checked with acer help desk, they said they dont have drivers for win 7. Then i again installed using windows 8. I installed wireless driver setup from acer website. Now it is working.
by Shashank Nagar on 2016-05-05
GOOD SERVICE BY FLIPKART FOR DELIVERY
LAPTOP IS WORKING VERY GOOD.
I AM HAPPY WITH LAPTOP AND FULLY SATISFIED.
Satisfactory, but not great.
by Manish Kumar Das on 2016-03-28
Overall good package, but I am not happy with the quality of the LED display. Acer has used poor quality LED panel which does not display crystal clear image. That's why I am giving 4 stars.
Better travel mate. Go for it.
by Vijay Gadhiya on 2016-03-24
Awesome daily use laptop it is. I5 4th gen processor supports daily routine work efficiently. No hang, no lag. Best part of this model is battery back up as I am getting 6 hrs of juice daily after full charge. If you are a gamers or heavy graphics user then I think it may do not fit in your life. But regular office work, Corel draw or photoshop etc, you will be a proud user and go for it.
by Vikas Ahuja on 2016-02-15
laptop is accurate like detail given above product description. packing of product is excellent.Battery backup only 2 hour.
View all 14 Reviews
Laptop is terrible, wifi gives lots of problem
by saurabh on 2016-05-25
Laptop is terrible , wifi gives lots of problem ..installing and uninstalling drivers doesn't work ..give it a miss
View all 1 Reviews