by Jatinder Kumar on 2015-08-14
MACBOOK- it is light, It is as beautiful as the dream girl, Small Size, 7-8 hours battery, Crystal Clear Display, Impressive and build quality make it awesome.
But all that glitters is not GOLD
Past Age Processor. No Ports Not Even USB that you have to buy adopter from charging point to USB. Just 12 Inch display even its crystal clear but you cant ejnoy movies below 13 inch displays, Work on MS EXCEL is not easy on such displays.
NO Ports means NOOO Ports at all. Hard to understand that small processor, Small Screen, No ports, No Memory Extension Port (As in AIR) it means it will be just a display piece for showcase guys. Just to show off.
If Steeve Jobs look at this mac he never push that in market. This is not for students, Even not for businessmen and not for engineers that is my and my friends opinion.
We look at apple that the product should be with high performance and looks.. but if one of them is out means out, As the apple hardware is pretty expensive to buy.
Only One port for charging and usb ?
by Ravindran Alikkal on 2015-08-08
It is dad to note the spec that it contains only one connecting point for all. Battery not lasting for 2 hours is starnge
not at all a good laptop
by sabir hussain on 2015-07-08
do not buy this laptop at all I bought this last week and the battery does not lasts for 2 hours also
by Arpita Biswas on 2015-10-07
Please update the information you are providing for the goods. People may mislead by the information given in the flipkart specification part. I think the person who fill the specification has no intelligence or claim himself an over smart.
By the way those who are looking for this amazingly designed new masterpiece of apple please understand that the physical appearance and weight is the key point of interest for this laptop. All other features are bogus at all. and the solution for single port is usb c accessories for this laptop (you have to buy separately with lot of money $$$$$$$).
Though the looks is awesome and feels is queen-some the battery life and accessibility break the deal.
Again to flipkart: Please learn some technical before making a specification.
by Kadir on 2015-11-28
Please try to get back on my contact number due to product is not fine. I am facing issue with the product.
Screen is fully bluer.
View all 5 Reviews
WHEN APPLE GETS IT RIGHT..
by Kanwar Anand on 2015-06-19
I usually review a unit 3 days into it but this time I decided to wait. I took 7 days. A little bit about myself. I am one of those people everyone calls an Apple fanboy. I try to be very strict and unforgiving when it comes to Apple, however. The reason for this is because you often spend 1lakh rupees for a computer, about 50,000 for an iPad Air 2 and if you have been unlucky to buy an Apple watch or the iPad Bro (not Pro because its so big) , you know what I am talking about. Gone are the days where the consumer believed in Apple being a fool-proof purchase. Look at the little irritating upgrades every year (5s, Mini 2/3, iPad Pro) and you'll know Apple is no longer a company you can just trust with your eyes closed. Yes, I have a love/hate with Apple. So much so, that I now own a Note 5 also alongside my iPhone 6. Best/worst of both worlds, I dare concede. Also why you may wanna care for my review is because I own a Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina and now the new Macbook 12.
Moving on, now that I've said my piece, I will talk about the new Macbook 12. Of course the design is fabulous, the screen is mecca, the sound is excellent, so excellent you'll think a macbook has never sounded better and for most of it, buddy you're right. The battery is 10 hours and that's gold I think. The keyboard is lovely, I don't know why they are complaining. The USB C port can easily be expanded with a Rs 900 hub. Don't follow? I purchased a 900 accessory from Amazon India and now I can simply connect 4USB Drives and they all work at optimum speed. I am struggling to find things I dislike because Apple has really gone all guns blazing with this machine. You put this on your lap, its good. You put this on a table, it is par excellence. You put this on your stomach while lying down and it won't even heat. Deciding between this and the Macbook Pro Retina? Read on...
If you are in the market for a value for money Macbook, you should only consider the Macbook Air 13 because that is where all the value for money lies. It is worth paying the price because it has the best battery, arguably the best keyboard, the best brightness (for brightness junkies) but it lacks Retina. Otherwise its excellent and perfect value.
If you are in the market to decide between the Macbook 12 and the Macbook Pro Retina, things are interesting... Let me compare why one is better than the other...
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE MBP RETINA OVER MACBOOK?
1) Rugged Use. Bigger screen.
2) Extra USB ports always available at your disposal
3) I use the HDMI port on the Retina Macbook Pro all the time
4) Feels like more of a bang for your buck just by looking at it. You can get one for 85k and even 79k on the days amazon is feeling generous.
5) 60% of people are likely to like the Apple Macbook Pro Retina's keyboard more
6) That's a powerhouse i5 5th gen and this is an Intel Atom 1.1 GHZ (sounds like a celeron equal) but then I'm only a media user.
7) Both MacBooks have cameras and both are terrible. The one on the MBP is marginally better.
8) The APPLE logo only lights up on the MBP (some may care so Im mentioning)
9) No need to invest into USB C. You can charge and use your hard drive simultaneously. But in Macbook you have to wait buddy.
10) If you're interested in investing in Windows, then MBP is a better option for performance slump won't be noticeable.
11) Sometimes this lasts me 1 to 2 hours extra as opposed to the new macbook.
Why you should buy a Macbook instead of the MBP Retina or MBA?
1) The sound is overwhelmingly good. I mean the bass is consistent and it destroys the tinny sound of the other MacBooks. I love this feature. Mind you it is not as loud as the MBP or Air.
2) Though this is more expensive because at this this time of writing this review it costs 91k and the MBP R costs 86k, the difference is that this has a 256GB SSD. I highly recommend a 256GB SSD because both my Macbook Pro Retina and the Macbook have this. My macbook Air with 128GB SSD got full long back.
3) The keyboard is one to love. It is from the future.
4) The form factor is one to love. It is from the future also.
5) I am more likely to use my Macbook than the MBP Retina simply because it is easier to access, it is more portable and it is so perfect all the time, with no system lag, this is just brilliant i think.
6) Both displays are brilliant. Apple destroys everyone else with its perfect Retina display. The Macbook Air can't even touch this.
7) Minimum of 8 hours on a single charge.
8) You can't get the Macbook Pro in any colour other than the big brother silver. The MacBooks are in gold, silver and space grey. I don't know about you but I wouldn't buy a Gold macbook but that's just me. Its too bling and out there. AND this year when they update the Macbook, the old gold will look gawdy, mark my words.
If I was in your shoes and looking for a MBP or a Macbook, I'd have a tough time. I hope the points I enlisted help. Unless you're doing video editing, or highly processor intensive apps all the time, don't buy the MACBOOK PRO. If you're in for the sleek, sexy and fantastic, go with the Macbook.
RESALE VALUE -
All three units have excellent Resale values...
If you use it for 2 years, at the end of 2 years, you can still resell for about 65% of the money you paid. So keep those boxes, keep those bills handy. Do not throw away anything. Whether you buy from INDIA or Australia or UK or USA or Nairobi, the warranty is active everywhere in the world.
Battery life? All MacBooks last about 8 hours at least. So you should be very happy in buying them. Please don't keep your laptop plugged in all the time. Let it discharge after 100%.
Apple Care? I suggest you invest in 3 years if you intend on keeping the macbook for that long. Unless you're a constant upgrader like me, you should invest 14000 extra and get that 3 year warranty.
Have I used it? My Macbook Pro Retina's screen stopped coming on. I tried everything and finally took it to the service centre and they fixed it for free in one day. But this is all under warranty.
How long will it take for them to replace battery? 1000 cycles or if its capacity goes below 80%. The warranty is covered in Apple Care. Its worth changing your battery after 18 months, buddy.
Gifting your friend? Child? Mother? Buy the Macbook Air or this one.
Please like my review if it is helpful.
Please dislike my review if it was unhelpful. I promise to improve on the next one.
It does not cost 15000 for the external connector. ...
by Siddhant Prasad on 2015-08-14
It does not cost 15000 for the external connector..for usb to usb connector it costs 1500..and usb to multimedia its 6100..
LOOKING IS VERY GOOD NO USB NO HDMI ONLY 1 PORT WHICH IS ...
by Himmit S. on 2015-07-07
LOOKING IS VERY GOOD
NO USB NO HDMI ONLY 1 PORT WHICH IS UNIVERSAL AND FOR USB AND ALL OTHER OUTPUT YOU NEED TO BUY ADAPTER WHICH WILL COST YOU 7000 FOR EACH SO THAT MEANS YOU NEED TO BUY 2 ADAPTERS 1 FOR USB AND 2ND FOR HDMI THAT CAME'S TO 14000
LAPTOP IS VERY EXPANSIVE ALREADY 100000 +15000 FOR ADAPTER AND 4000 FOR CASE SO ITS KIND OF EXPANSIVE
PROCESSOR IS VERY SLOW SOUND QUALITY IS VERY GOOD WEIGHT IS ALSO VERY LESS
BUT IF YOU NEED GOOD MACHINE WHICH CAN HANDLE YOUR OFFICE WORK ALSO THEN WAIT FOR 2ND GENERATION IN WHICH PROCESSOR WILL BE UPGRADED AND USB PORT WILL BE THERE
THIS LAPTOP IS ONLY FOR ENTERTAINING LIKE WATCHING MOVIES , LISTING SONGS , INTERNET ETC ..............
View all 3 Reviews