by AMRIT AACHARYA on 2012-06-18
HP ENVY 4 SERIES IS AN EXCELLENT ULTRABOOK.
1.PRICE IS AFFORDABLE COMPARED TO OTHER ULTRABOOKS.
2.COMPARED TO ACER S3 PERFORMANCE IS EXCELLENT
3.FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE IN THE PAST 20 DAYS-BATTERY LIFE IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY PROMISED.AROUND 450-500 MINUTES(7-8HRS) HRS FOR MODERATE USING LIKE JUST READING TEXT DOCS,ADOBE FILES OR MAKING SPREADSHEETS.260(4+HR) FOR GAMING AND MOVIES.
4.HAS 2 USB 3.0 AND 1 USB 2.0 SLOTS MAKING IT EASY FOR ME TO CONNECT MY EXTERNAL HD AND MOUSE AND INTERNET DONGLE EASILY ON BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT SIDES.
5.MOST ULTRABOOKS GIVE 128 GB SSD OR 250 GB HD BUT THIS LAPTOP GIVES A COOL 500 GB HD.
6.SLEEP TO ON MODE TAKES JUST 3SECONDS
AND 32-35 SEC FROM OFF TO COMPLETE BOOTUP.
7.14 INCH SCREEN EASILY FITS ON THE LAP WITH COMFORT.NOT BIG NOT SMALL.LENOVO u300 AND 400 COST 55-60K AND SCREEN SIZE IS ALSO SMALL(13.1 INCH) WHICH MAKES IT DIFFICUILT TO WATCH VIDEOS.
8.WEBCAM IS HIGH DEF AND USEFUL.
9.NO NEED FOR COOLING PAD AS IT DOESNT GET VERY HOT.THE HEATING IS JUST 5-10 DEGREES MORE THAN A NORMAL LAPPY.
10.LOOKS RICH AND COOL.NO BULGES LIKE DELL.
11.2 GB GRAPHIC CARD ,THAT TOO LATEST ATI RADEON 7670 IS AWESOME FOR COUNTER STRIKE,FIFA,WARCRAFT AND ALLMOST ANYTHING
1.LEFT AND RIGHT ARROW KEYS ARE A BIT CRAMPED UP MAKING IT DIFFICUILT FOR GAMES
2.NO BACKLIGHT ON KEYBOARD
3.CLOCK SPEED MUST BE IMPROVED.IT STANDS AT JUST 1.7GHZ WHICH IS CLOSE TO A SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 MOBILE!
4.BEATS SPEAKERS R GOOD,LOUD AND CLEAR BUT NO COMPARISON TO DELL'S JBL SPEAKERS
ALL IN ALL ITS IS AN EXCELLENT BUY.AFFORDABLE AND GOOD FOR GAMING AND ENTERTAINMENT.COMPARED TO ACER S3,DELL 13Z SERIES AND LENOVO U300 IT IS WAY BETTER IN TERMS OF PERFORMANCE AND BUDGET
A GOOD STYLISH LAPTOP FOR CASUAL USERS
by Rainak Ghosh on 2012-08-02
okay...the HP envy 6......beats audio...i3 processor....500GB HDD.....LED HD display.....2GB ATI Radeon.....Coolsence technology(keeps it cooler than other boilers) seems to be good....and it does quite a lot.....
but it did disappoint me a bit in gaming....
battery backup is very good....only if you charge it up n drain it for 2-3 days....
all in all....a good laptop.....
And a good piece to show off..:p
by ergoguy on 2012-07-01
I bought HP Envy 4-1002TU ( not this model but only difference is graphics card ) and from day 1 it had display issues. It took me 14 days and multiple calls to get DoA (Dead on Arrival) certificate and a new replacement unit from HP.
(1) WEIGHT - It is really light weight. You can get even lesser weighing laptops but either screen size will be 13.3"/12.5" or price will be around 60K or more.
(2) LONG BATTERY LIFE - ( around 7 hours for simple browsing, text oriented jobs )This is mainly because the processor used is rated at 17W (Thermal Design Power) compared to 35W of other processors (core i5 and core i7) and the implication is processor runs at lower clock speed of 1.4 GHz. Again lower clock speed does not necessarily mean lower performance. Performance depends on many other factors.
(3) HP support software : HP has loaded many unwanted software
but "HP support Assistant" software is very useful. It automatically downloads all new drivers/bios and other important stuff from HP and updates the laptop.
(1) Biggest disadvantage is LACK OF VGA PORT. It means you can not connect this laptop to an external monitor (unless the monitor has hdmi input but most monitors do not) or projector.
You have to buy "HDMI to VGA connector" and unbranded one costs around INR2000 and it is not easily available. HP branded adapter is also not available easily in India.
(2) At this price, backlit keyboard would have been nice to have.
HP sells these laptops as sleekbooks in USA. I am not sure how they can be called as ultrabooks because Intel requires Solid State Drives (SSDs) for its rapid start technology to work. Rapid start technology enables laptop to be put in hibernate state and restart in 5 seconds. But for practical purposes this is as good as ultrabooks.
by Aman on 2016-03-20
But there is manufacturing problem in hinges
I got repaired them 3 times in warranty (free) and 1 time without waranty worthy Rs 12000/-
And till not Assured thet it will not break again............. :(
by Anik Sen on 2013-10-31
The perfect ultrabook ion budget , it sepcs are really awsme i had bought it in April 2013, really working great and the best thing i liked is it's cool sense technology which really works effectively and it became more glamorous with the inclusion of Beats audio technology.... Just awsme product go for it..
by Venkat Anvesh Paila on 2012-12-06
I bought this laptop two months ago. This is very sleek and quite different from the other heat engines.
The weight is just 1.75kg.
The only undesirable aspect one notices that the lack of a cd/dvd drive. But notice that nowadays very few are using CDs and DVDs.
The battery backup is awesome.
As this piece is very light, I am carrying this wherever I go.
I named it as BAADSHAH :P
by Rahul Birajdar on 2012-07-31
1. i3 2367, comparable to i5
2. very sleek dimensions, 19.81mm, thats amazing!
3. light weight
4. 2gb radeon 7670m, means there is no game in recent times which u cant play flawlessly, more than sufficient!
5. nice big trackpad with multiple gesture supports like pinzoom, app shortcuts, etc
6. looks great, unlike those huge, awkward laptops!
7. battery backup, as they said!
8. its been a month i'm using it, must say, hp cool sense rocks, even if ua using it whole day, it stays cool!
9. overall its a great device!
1. it would have been a perfect ultrabook with i5 but practically i dont notice much diff in i5 and i3(except boot time, u can wait that 10 secs!), why pay 7, 8 thousand for quad core if u dont use 15, 16 apps at once!
2. nothing! go for it!
by Ahad Ali on 2012-07-19
i bought envy 6 as soon i purchased i removed windows live messenger after that it didn't boot so i tried to install windows 7(which i had already) but it didn't work and i lost windows recovery file, i run to the dealer they told me that hp dont provide recovery dvd,when asked to c.care they told me that it will take 7 days and charge of Rs. 1500(custom duty) as they will deliver from banglore and the big probem is that,they want payment through only credit card. this is the biggest drawback of HP.many brands provide recovery dvd hand to hand while purchasing.so its up to u now before purchasing laptop.
View all 8 Reviews