Students plz dont buy this product...
by Ravi kumar on 2012-09-21
i am a student.I purchased HP Envy 4 - 1036 tu laptop on August 15th 2012.After 18 days On September 3 , flickers started appearing in my display panel. I registered a complaint online on September 6, 2012., but I got no response for ten days. I asked for the replacement of the entire unit because it is a brand new laptop, but I got the answer that there is no provision of unit replacement after 14 days. I am student, and I cannot afford another 45,000 for a new laptop. I have extended my warranty for three more years, but the system started showing problems in just 18 days.I am totally disappointed with HP.I had purchased this product in hope of excellent product and service, but I ended up getting a bad product and even worse service. dont go 4 hp.
by vishvesh Deobhankar on 2012-08-08
Good 1 by HP ... I dared to buy after bad past experience from past and this product stood upto the mark !!!! but not the greatest value for money though .......also the DVD ROM is missing ..
but all these are easily shadowed by the looks and a good battery life !!!
great service great laptop
by RR MEENA on 2012-07-18
Received the computer well within time, came very nicely packed. Working excellent no hanging etc. Superb thing is its battery life about 5 Hrs and thin (like a small booklet) plus light weight with excellent specs and killer looks, thanks Flipkart, thanks HP
by Venkat Anvesh Paila on 2012-09-12
I want to buy this. As I am a student, my needs would be an efficient battery back-up and a compact look.
A weight of 1.75kg is not at all a problem.
These are the most wanted features of this product.
Lack of CD-Drive is also not a problem for students these days, as most of us are using USB drives.
Sound quality is good.
This is the best laptop under a price of 45k.
by Manoj Ponugubati on 2014-04-21
Extremely unsatisfied for the following reasons:
1. Overall product experience not as indicated.
2. Invoice for the purchase has not been sent either by email or by post and still waiting despite raising a request by telephone/email. Customer service says that invoice is attached to delivery confirmation email which is not true. Item purchased on 15 April 2014.
3. The recovery partition on the laptop is not active. No recovery disks came with the laptop.
4. When tried to request the recovery disks through HP, HP reckons that the warranty on this product has expired a year before purchase date.. No idea how this could be possible, unless the seller has sold me a used product or an out of date product.
5. Battery life is stated as 8 hours but experienced only 4 to 4.5 hours in the first few days.
5. Only 1* as thats the least I could give for this purchase with which I am extremely dissatisfied.
Good laptop but no DVD/ CD drive- biggest drawback
by Flipkart Customer on 2012-07-16
I was planning to purchase this laptop from Flipkart today, but later I came to know that there is no DVD/CD drive in HP ultrabooks. I can't imagine a laptop without a DVD or at-least a CD drive. So sadly have to give up the thought of ultrabook.
View all 6 Reviews