thanks to them for suggesting me samsung i was planning for lenovo extra ordinary laptop at resnoable price from samsung
by Krishna Thambadi on 2013-07-11
hi i bought this laptop for my brother not from flipkart but from ameerpet(vsl electronics) because i got better price then flipkart from them
coming to laptop performance it is with A8 processor which is good for gaming and is coming with dual graphics
i has a storage capicity of 1000gb more then enough
another good thing about this laptop is that it is made of aluminium body and this is the ultra book with duvrw drive
it is with 8cell battery
actually i was said it vll give 6hours battery packup but starting it us to come around 3 hours when i contacted the store they have stoted the problem and now it is giving around 5hours-6hours
thanks to them for suggesting me samsung i was planning for lenovo
by vardhan on 2013-12-28
Ultra book is good. Stand by is good. nice graphic.
only draw back is bios wont support you to down grade the OS. you cant install any other OS other than win8
Glad I changed my mind....
by Yashwin S on 2013-12-21
I was looking for a slim yet powerful laptop & had zeroed in on a Sony Vaio. But thanks to Flipkart's recommendation, this caught my eye. In the end, I'm glad I chose this over its rivals.
-Surprisingly good speakers
-Glides through everyday usage & handles graphic-intensive programs with relative ease
-LED screen with pretty decent viewing angles
-Non-glossy screen which I prefer but that's a personal preference
-Very good battery life
-Optical drive (which is becoming rare these days on devices of this size)
-Keyboard feels solid & the layout isn't cramped
-Relatively light given how loaded it is
-Aggressive pricing. Could easily see Sony selling a comparable laptop for 50k
-Nice backpack included in the package
-Bit of the usual bloatware which takes few minutes to un-install
-Gets hot & the vents are at the bottom. Not ideal for usage on the bed or for long hours on one's lap
-Trackpad buttons have a plasticky feel & sound during use
-No blacklit keys
Overall, this is a great deal & while the A8 APU might not be as quick as an i5, it handles almost everything you throw at it without a hitch. Games at medium settings, programs such as Photoshop; not a problem. Browsing, watching movies etc is of course glitch-free.
Resale value in the future could be an issue given the Indian market's stigma against AMD machines.Personally, I don't believe in such trends as I have both AMD & Intel machines which I'm perfectly happy with.
I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a solid, stylish, everyday laptop for under 40k.
Powerful Ultra-thin Performer
by Vineeth Sukumaran on 2013-09-24
Intel seems to demand a premium for their processors and they definitely have an edge over their AMD counterparts. However, AMD should not be considered "out" of the race in anyway what-so-ever.
This AMD "Ultrathin" notebook is identical in all external aspects as compared to Intel's "Ultrabook" offering, albeit the internal components, specifically being the processor / motherboard and graphics card.
Also, considering the fact that this one's INR 8-10k cheaper than the Intel model, this one definitely takes the cake.
I use this laptop for basic gaming and casual computing, and things work absolutely fine, without any hiccups.
- Super sleek design (one of the thinnest available for this price and features)
- Optical Disk Drive (who uses them now-a-days you ask? you never know when you may require one!)
- 6 GB RAM (4 GB on motherboard + 2 GB DIMM - swap the 2 GB DIMM with another 4 GB if you want to take things to the extreme)
- Anti-Reflective Screen (Matte Finish)
- Decent battery life
- AMD Dual Graphics (Freedom to choose which graphics processor is used for which application / games. Also supports SLI/ Crossfire configuration)
- Bloat-ware (you will spend an easy hour or two removing them)
- Tends to heat up a bit (you're not going to get burned though - use a cooling pad with fans towards the back of the device, because that is where Samsung has placed the main air vent)
To sum things up, I'm very much satisfied with my buy.
by Parthiban Nallathambi on 2014-09-22
Purchased from Samsung Showroom. This laptop is super. The only problem is WiFi signal. The device signal strength is not good sometimes. I am using this laptop for past 2.5Years.
overpriced good looking slow lappy
by Yokesh m on 2014-05-13
Pros : very light weight , sleek and easy to carry ,good speakers
Cons : 8 cell battery cant hold charge more than 2-3 hrs max with optimized power settings big let down ,slow for 6 gb ram disappointed speed didn't improve after optimizing win 8
Lightweight, 14 inch, Compact and solid performer
by Ramasubramanian Vaidyanathan on 2014-05-01
Very satisfied to have chose this model against the HP Model ( 15", 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD). With pre-installed Win8 and AMD A8 Core processor, 6GB RAM the performance is never a problem and the display is real good. Best buy for Laptops within 40K
Very poor Wifi.Over all slow
by Flipkart Customer on 2014-02-18
wifi is unreliable. frequent disconnections. poor range. shows limited connectivity some times when my 5 year old dell inspiron basic laptop works very well. this is making it almost useless!
web sites do not load properly very often! (using chrome browser)
Perfect blend of Performance and Portability
by Jyothish on 2014-02-18
After using it for a few months, i could not resist myself from posting this review.
1. Excellent build quality and looks are good. With all aluminium build.
2. Battery backup is good 4-5 hours. Battery overcharge protection is another feature they claim to increase the battery life.
3. Performance is excellent without lags and other glitches. Win 8.1 runs buttery smooth. Boot time was a bit long for first few usages, but later could reduce considerably after Win 8.1 upgrade and disabling unwanted startup items.
4. Heat generation and Noise is negligible. With multiple power modes to select we can control the heat and noise. In power saving mode heat generation is almost nil.
5. AMD processors are great and A8 is worth every penny.
by Ganesh Samarthyam on 2014-02-15
I bought this laptop for working from home, so needed it to be of good capacity. Memory, speed, capacity, price, everything is good.
A big minus: It gets hot even after 10 minutes of use. Though it is a "lap"top, you cannot keep it in your lap and use it!
View all 15 Reviews