by Aditya Srivastava on 2014-12-31
Where does one get a laptop with 4gb 1600 MHz RAM and AMD a4 processor which is really low in power consumption [much less than many intel laptops yet no performance-wise ], 6 hour long battery backup, 2X usb 3.0 ports, professional glossy finish, adequately large and highly sensitive keys, crystal-clear sound at this price? I am telling you nowhere, except in this laptop.
I found the display better than lenovo laptop I owned previously, which was twice the price and had same resolution. This laptop makes absolutely no sacrifice in build quality and design. I found the build quality better than quite a few premium laptops.
5400 rpm hard disk is more than enough for the performance but still, I would recommend purchasing and installing a SSD with this laptop as upgrade to enjoy the true experience of this laptop.
Gaming is decent on this laptop considering the fact that it is not a gaming laptop. Most games till 2014, run fine on this laptop with medium settings. This laptop has every feature a everyday user needs [except of course touch screen]. Over all a very good buy.
Despite so many positive points, there are few cons too:
1) Average clock speed of processor. But that too saves your monthly electricity bill
2) Smaller Arrow Keys compared to rest of the keys. They might take getting used to
3) No OS as mentioned in the description. But you can install linux mint by usb or cd and this laptop will run like a breeze
4) Laptop does not come with bag. But you can always purchase a good one from market at around 600 rupees. Same goes for keyguard and screen guard and lamination over track pad.
Now, a note of HELP for those who face trouble while in booting from CD or USB for fresh install of an Operating System:
-Power on and press F2 while the Toshiba logo is displayed to enter the UEFI Setup Menu.
-Go to the Security tab and set the "Secure Boot" setting to "Disabled".
-Go to the Advanced tab, enter "System Configuration" and set the Boot Mode to "CSM Boot."
-Press F10 to save and exit.
-Now boot media will run just fine.
by Dutt Sharma on 2015-01-09
I am writing this review after using this product for five days. I have successfully installed a double boot system with Fedora 21 as Default Boot.
The Laptop just did not give any hiccups during installation, except initial booting through installable media. However, a user review here, at FLIPKART was just adequate to get going. Then on, the installation was just a breeze.
The Laptop Screen resolution is Great, Speed is adequate and comfortable for all my routine jobs (I am not a GAMER). The only pain that I had, was the time taken to download all the requisite drivers from TOSHIBA site DOWNLOADS it is really slow sometimes. I hope TOSHIBA Listens and Improves the DOWNLOAD SERVERS.
OVERALL >>>>>>>> Great Product for this Price Band.
Laptop is good for people with drivers understanding
by O S Pravith Kumar on 2015-07-04
The laptop doesn't have drivers inbuilt and hence needs to download them from internet and install. In the end one or two would still be left with no drivers. Else with the price the laptop is good for home use and looks nice as well.
Performance is also good if this is only use for home purpose to surf internet, use ms office application.
by HARIT MAITY on 2015-06-07
I buy this laptop from Flipkart & using since last 6 months.
1) decent look
2) good product quality within this price range
3) high resolution display
4) skullcandy speaker
5) AMD quad core (A4) processor
6) good battery backup
7) No heating
1) Avg clock speed
2) No OS. I suffered to install all drivers. You have to go syber cafe at first because no LAN driver pre installed. so make a disk of drivers mainly LAN driver first. After connecting LAN you may download the drivers from toshiba site. here i am using win7 64bit.
3) My inbuilt memory card reader not works. then i called Toshiba customer care. They mail me a driver link. I installed the driver but still i have issue with card reader. Very next day service engineer visit my house & install proper chipset driver and the card reader works fine now. thanks toshiba.
4) till now i am unable to transfer a single file with my smartphone. though device manager shows the Bluetooth device is properly working. even i can not connect wireless mouse with the in built bluetooth of the lapu.
5) initially my graphics not working properly. it was display in hd. but after reinstalling the graphics driver the display is crystal clear in hd.
If you are not a gammer i recommended the laptop keeping eye on price.
Imagine getting a new laptop with a faulty motherboard
by Saif Pasha on 2015-03-12
I received the product fairly early, prepared in advance with downloading Ubuntu so it can be installed to the system immediately however when I switched on the system the screen was completely black. Several troubleshooting procedures and a tech visit later it was determined that the laptop's motherboard had an issue and needed to be replaced.
by Pravin Kumar Shanmugam on 2015-01-22
I received very worst product of Toshiba laptop.The seller didn't send the right product.I'm really fed up with this product.There were no keys in the keyboard.I think they have sent the very first model of Toshiba.
View all 6 Reviews