by Shashank Shekhar on 2016-05-07
*Irish scanner is fun
*Latest Windows 10 build makes it smooth
*Excellent camera and display
*Plastic body though not premium, makes it light and grippy to hold.
*Liquid cooling keeps it relatively cool even while performing heavy task, though it gets somewhat warm because of Snapdragon 810
*USB type C for future proofing
Nice phone and value for money, but not without issues
by Sushruth M R on 2016-05-14
I bought this after the huge price drop to 34999. I have been a windows phone user for over 3 years now.
1. Windows 10 is excellent. User friendly and lot of cool features which you don't get in android or iOS devices. (I have used both)
2. Display dock (worth Rs. 5000) and 1 year office 365 subscription (Rs. 3000) comes free with this.
3. Device is powerful. Most applications work very well.
4. Office is very useful. This phone is made for business people.
5. Camera is excellent. You can shoot 4 K videos.
6. Iris scan is fun. But guzzles battery like anything.
7. Display is excellent. Very comfortable to read small text.
8. USB-C type.
Cons: 2 major issue - battery life and heating.
1. Battery life is terrible. Even with NFC, Bluetooth etc off can barely make it till evening after a full charge in the morning. (I heard there is going to be an update to address this issue). This is without playing any games or watching videos. Just normal usage of WhatsApp, browsing on wifi, voice calls etc.
2. Sometimes windows 10 OS seems buggy. Hangs or stops responding all of a sudden. Nothing a simple restart can't solve.
3. Heating issue is a big drawback in my opinion. Phone gets too hot sometimes even when I'm not using it. (probably because of auto update)
4. Phone is not a beauty, plastic body makes it look quite ordinary. (for those who expect premium look for 35 K)
Verdict: Go for it if you like windows phone. This is the best windows phone till date and its not going to be outdated any time soon. It's a very good deal for 35K with present offers of free display dock and office 365 subscription.
Good mobile but average battery life
by Shambavi TH on 2016-05-23
Battery drains off for every average use, all other specs are really gud and the performance speed is not that as fast as when compared to that of other android phones with 3GB ram, rest all is ok !!
Wonderful.Almost all wanted applications available
by SOJAN K V on 2016-06-28
Windows 10 OS is really nice . Only thing is that we have to get accustomed to use it because many of the options are to be deeply explored.software is so light and faster than ANDROID. Dial pad is so fast and wonderful . Messaging is superior to all other OS es.None can defeat this camera , so fast and clear images. Totally nice.
by Anya B on 2016-04-29
Ohh well they should had a biometric thumb lock like Apple but this just is well an epitome of engeneering!!
Best Windows Phone one can get!
by Raj Ranjan Rout on 2016-05-20
Reviewing after 7 days of use.
Bought a Note 5 for my wife in January and was pretty inclined to buy one for myself too. But being a Windows Phone user since past 4 years (lumia 720 and 830), who just loves the concept of Metro UI with live tiles, I couldn't still switch to Android, considering this is my first flagship phone in any OS category.
So, here are the positives:
- Iris Scanner / Windows Hello (one of a kind, it's fast too!)
- Free Display Dock with Office 365 personal Subscription for a year!
- USB Type C charger for fast charging
- Wireless Charging back cover which is of course, removable
- DUAL SIM (in a flagship phone is a huge add-on!)
- The Camera - amazing clarity with 4k as well as Slow-Mo video recording.
- Cortana - Fully featured personal assistant as good as, or even better than Siri!
- Liquid Cooling feature - Doesn't mean it doesn't get heated at all, but it's better compared to all other phones carrying the same processor even with moderate usage
- Windows 10 UI makes it look so much cooler provided the tiles are arranged smartly
- Sound output quality - is Awesome!
- Dedicated Camera button
- Plastic back cover - Lacks that premium feel, however, get Mojo leather wireless charging back covers for 3k :( and that'll make it look more premium than anything you've held before
- Volume Rocker button placement - Not convenient for me at least.
- Battery Consumption - While it's a large battery, it does tend to get drained pretty fast. It was worse when I got the phone, but it seems to have improved a bit now that I've started using the battery saver and battery consumption feature.
- No 'Double Tap to Wake' feature - Something that I loved in my previous lumia phones
- Apps - Although most of what we need is there, you probably will still manage to find something useful missing. For example, all my mobile banking apps are there, however, some add-on bank apps for the same banks are missing.Same goes for few unique corporate apps as well that can help with with your work. Few apps' performance might not be up to the mark as well.
- Bluetooth issues - I'm facing some playback issues through Bluetooth when I connect the phone with a Pioneer system in my car. Sometimes the tracks get skipped which is annoying. I never faced any playback issues with the other lumias before. If it's a problem with just my phone, then maybe I've to get it replaced. Looking for solutions till then.
So yeah, barring the bluetooth issues that I'm facing with my phone and lack of certain apps, I'm pretty much happy with everything else and would recommend it to win 10 lovers!
Excellent Phone. Worth every penny
by Rehan Khan on 2016-08-08
Have bought from Flipkart around 15 days back and it was quick delivery from Flipkart. 5 stars for that
Lumia 950XL is great phone. Have been using Lumia 920 since 2013.
Amazing Camera. I would say best in current market in any phones
Good Battery Life
Windows Hello is good
Great Sound Quality
I would say at this price of 34990 this is worth
I did not got dock with my phone as offer ended in June so I haven't used Continum. So cant say about that.
by Rajarshi Mukherjee on 2016-07-16
Overall a good package at the price point. Windows 10 Mobile updates recommended for the best user experience(Since previous updates are buggy).
1. Great Camera(Both Front and Rear).
2. Awesome Display.
3. Good Battery Life(Specially after the updates).
4. Nice Speakers(A bit tinny but loud n clear), headphone quality is OK (default ones WH-308).
5. Fast and Responsive (Specially after the updates).
6. Good Iris Scanning(Little slow since in beta version).
7. Windows 10 Mobile way more responsive now(Specially after the updates).
1. Heating Issue.(Nothing to do about it since its running Snapdragon 810 which is renowned for overheating issues).
2. The Famous "Lack Of Apps". But not a very big issue since daily drivers are available apart from the Google specific ones.
Battery backup is average. Lasts a full day on moderate usage.
Software Updates are strictly recommended since all the factors like battery, OS responsiveness, better multitasking and many more features(Double tap to wake, Firmware fixes) are dependent on it.
Biggest mistake of my life!
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-11-30
Not a good phone
battery problem within 6 months
by Flipkart Customer on 2016-11-20
expected a lot but disappointed. heating problem. battery bulged within 6 months..
View all 29 Reviews
It's a great phone for people who have been using Windows Phones ...
by Astral on 2016-05-21
Bought it on FK for 35k cos Amazon at the time was still at 47k. Oh well.
It's a great phone for people who have been using Windows Phones for the last 3-5 years and want nothing to do with Android/iOS, may be a new user might like the tiles UI, the camera, the overall fluid experience, the fantastic super AMOLED display etc, but the app gap situation will be hard to deal with. So this is NOT a feature phone.
Like all phones, there are a few flaws; firstly the back cover squeaks after you remove it a couple of times(to insert sim/micro sd card). If you are someone like me, this is OCD hell. It will bother you the hell out of you, might lose a little sleep over it to. The fix is simple enough, just use some induction tape for padding (google how-to video) and BOOM done. The reason for this, well it is a plastic phone and the trade offs are removable battery and expandable storage, I'll take it.
Secondly, Windows 10 Mobile. The first 1 - 2 days after you get this phone will be super bad until you install the .318 or > update. The phone overheats, crashes, it's a nightmare. So how do you get through this? Patience, wait for the OTA update to complete downloading. do soft resets when you find it necessary, don't try to update the store apps cos this will only frustrate you more and finally more patience until the updates are installed. Get through this and you can peacefully update all your store apps and phone will function normally. I am not sure how a phone like this was even shipped out with such an unstable OS, but it did and here we are.
Lastly, apps. Like I mentioned app gap a problem for users considering switching to W10M, a small problem for the loyalists too. But I am not gonna bitch about it, I've been using Windows Phones all my life and the app situation is the classic "Chicken or Egg?" problem. Devs don't wanna develop apps for W10M cos not many users, users don't wanna use W10M cos not many apps. So when will this circle end? My take on this is that the app gap will never end, sure we will get a few nice apps now and then but it will never match up to Android or even iOS for that matter. For instance, Snapchat app, this app alone can attract many users to Windows but the problem is, the CEO of Snapchat hates Windows Phones and wants nothing to do with it. So bye bye Snapchat, oh btw there were several third party Snapchat clients on Windows but they all got removed/blocked.
So this is were W10M stands right now. A beautiful OS pushed aside due to the duopoly between Android and iOS, pushed aside by developers and CEOs. It has an amazing community, people passionate about the OS and it is slowly increasing but no where close to enough. May be it will go the BlackBerry route, may be not, only time will tell.
Thanks for your time.
HaPpy With Lumia 950XL... Big fan of windows.
by Rajesh on 2016-01-05
I have started using my new Lumia 950 XL and its been a week now.
I've seen lot of positives and negative reviews over past few weeks & I was thinking to go for it or not for long time.
Finally I made a great decision to go for it, I bought this from Microsoft retailer shop, Though I feel mobile is little bit costlier I am happy this have worth features inside it.
1. I had heating issues & issues while capturing videos on 1st day which was mentioned in many reviews. But after updates on second day issues are resolved.
2. I've seen reviews regarding battery usage by amoled screen, but as per my view its normal and not too much ( I've used Sony , Samsung & Microsoft smartphones mobile's previously) all seems to be same and there is no much difference regarding battery usage. Mobile is fully charged in 1:15 Hrs
3. Camera clarity is awesome even my friends, colleagues surprised with it.
4. As soon as I started using this mobile, I formatted my SD card and moved all the stuffs to it (Apps, Photos Videos, etc). 4.5GB is used in phone memory and I didn't find any issues in it... Nothing to complain.
5. So far my mobile never got Hung and never heated more even after using for long time, playing games or watching videos.
6. Dock feature is amazing we can connect to Monitor and use mobile as CPU or touchpad or we can use Mobile as Computer by connecting only keyboard and mouse [Mouse and Keyboard working awesome with dock (Both wired and Wireless) Surprised with it]
7. Able to view any pen drive or hard disk in mobile that's connected via dock.
8. We can use mobile as Monitor / CPU / Touch Pad....
9. Glance screen is working fine in my mobile and showing all notifications in it.
Overall I am excited and Happy with Performance/ Camera / Battery/ Storage & Features.
1. Volume rockers placement,
2. Plastic body
3. Back cover seems to be very thin and easily breakable.
4. Cost is high, that too without dock.
Nice slim window phone having all those features which one ...
by Mandeep Singh on 2016-01-01
Nice slim window phone having all those features which one want in its phone. Touch is very smooth. Cameras superb and selfie is mind blowing. Love to have this phone ??. Battery backup is gud. Its c- type charger charges it in 30mins.
by Amazon Customer on 2016-03-31
I think it is a great smart phone..after I PHONE..I used 950 xl 1.5 months..camera quality was very good.and the phone was very fast..it works good..but it has just one problem that is heating problem..and it is too much costly..but overall the phone is very very very good..
by Tech Stud on 2016-02-09
Great phone. I was reluctant to upgrade at first, but my Lumia 1520 faceplanted into a puddle, so my hand was kind of forced. Here are my thoughts:
1.) UPDATES: You will need to install updates right out of the box. To make this easier, I would suggest downloading the Windows Phone recovery tool. This will allow you to immediately flash all OS and firmware updates right out of the box, which makes setting up the phone a little quicker and easier. Otherwise, you end up setting up the phone and then waiting for the standard over-the-air update process. Just use the recovery tool and start with a fresh install of the latest OS/firmware.
2.) SCREEN SIZE: For those of us coming from a Lumia 1520 and being worried about going from a 6" screen to a 5.7" screen, don't be worried. The resolution on this phone is higher than the 1520. This means that even though the screen is smaller, it displays just as much information (or more) as the 1520. It's also easier to use one handed and easier to carry than the 1520. I had reservations about giving up a little screen size, but it worked out great. I have no regrets here.
3.) WINDOWS HELLO: This is Microsoft's implementation of iris scanner technology to unlock the phone. It is actually awesome. This is one of the few times where something actually worked better than I expected it to. It worked in my dark car tonight, and in a parking lot at 11 pm last night. It also works faster than I expected. Obviously, if there's a ton of glare on your glasses or your lighting situation is excessively light or dark, it might have problems. But for most conditions I've been in, it has worked flawlessly. Just be sure to take the recognition training part seriously and you'll have no issues. Try a few recognition cycles in bright light, a few in low light, and a few with/without glasses if applicable.
4.) BATTERY LIFE: The battery life on the 1520 was probably the best battery life that will ever exist on a phone until the end of time. It's an impossibly high standard for any phone to meet. For that reason, it's not surprising that this phone doesn't have the same battery life as the 1520. However, it is still pretty good, and comparable to other phones with similar specs. You'll get through a day pretty easily unless you game hardcore or spend hours on poorly designed websites loaded with bad scripts and infinite ads.
5.) HEAT: The processor used in this phone is notorious for being super hot under load. Microsoft supposedly devised a liquid cooling system for it. The phone did get hot when it was working hard during setup restoring all of my apps, thumbnailing my OneDrive photos, and downloading my maps. However, once all the setup stuff was out of the way, it did not seem to get abnormally hot at all. My wife has an HTC One M8 with the same processor, and her phone basically overheats on the reg under moderate load. I can say that this phone does not exhibit the same overheating that her phone does.
6.) WINDOWS PHONE OS: You'll hate the OS or love it, with our without reason, whether you've ever tried it or not. The latest update to the OS is pretty stable and smooth. It's true that there are not as many apps for Windows Phone as for iOS and Android. However, there are very good substitutes for just about everything I used on Android, although I had to pay a buck or two for a few of them since the developer can't rake in the same ad revenue on the less popular OS. There is no Snapchat or banking apps for many banks, so if you're obsessed social media and checking your bank account 30 times a day, this phone might not be for you. Although my bank's website loads fast and works perfectly, so the app is obsolete in my case. I also have a job that requires me to be productive, and I don't live my life plastered to a little screen obsessing over social media, so I don't really miss Snapchat.
7.) OFFICE: If you use Microsoft Office programs like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, this phone really shines. Besides being able to review and edit documents on the go, you can use Continuum to scale your phone up to a PC-like interface on a larger screen, which I believe is an incredibly awesome feature that has gone mostly under appreciated by the media at large. For people who can't afford (or simply don't want) a bunch of devices, the 950XL can play the part of phablet, while moonlighting as a PC for average tasks like writing or emailing.
8.) CORTANA: Cortana has finally come of age. She works as well as Google Now or Siri, actually better in my opinion, given how I use my phone. Under Windows Phone 10, Cortana is now a legitimate, full-featured personal assistant.
I'm very happy with this phone overall. After struggling for nearly a decade to decide if and how they should do mobile, I think Microsoft is finally on the right track with a modern OS on respectable hardware with Windows Phone 10 on the Lumia 950XL. It would be nice to see developers bring their apps to the platform, but it's tough to be a third-party candidate under the pressure of iOS and Android.
Phone over all is good but Microsoft needs to buck up if they are ...
by Amazon Customer on 2016-02-29
Phone over all is good but Microsoft needs to buck up if they are in the smartphone race have Benn using it for 3 months and for the price i would have expect a phone with less glitches. Having said that i love the camera on the phone and hope that the future update will clear all the present glitch's that the phone has.
Brilliant is the word!!!
by Himanshu Shirodkar on 2016-01-07
A brilliant phone. Great performance. I have been a WP user right from the WP7 days. Windows 10 Mobile is nothing short of awesome. The phone is extremely fast and high performing. The camera steals the show. It takes stunning pictures, and if you know how to use the advanced features and also understand RAW image handling, then a Lumia 950XL is your shooter. By far this is the best product from Microsoft. A one truly for the fans.
From a long term Lumia user.
by Abhilash on 2015-12-21
I got it from a retail shop in Chennai. Phone is a must buy for windows phone fans..who realize the future of Windows 10. Microsoft strategy is still not understood by many. It is going to be the future. Phone had quite some bugs, but after update to build version 10586.29, battery life has improved tremendously and is buttery smooth. Camera is top notch, class leading. Iris scanner is amazing, but little slow. Has trouble reading in very bright back light..amazing in dim & low light. Since i preordered, getting the continuum dock for free. Waiting for the free dock to be delivered. Also i brought a CNCT usb type-c otg to usb 3.0 female usb A cable. Reads all pen drives and damn, it even opened my 1TB hard disk..no other phone in the market reads an external hard disk. Fast charging is really really fast..thanks to usb c. Phone gets warm during charging and highend games. Liquid cooling tech is managing to keep the snapdragon 810 under bearable warmth. Price is reasonable for the technology inside when compared to iPhone 6s plus and Galaxy s6 edge plus. Strictly for windows phone fans. New comers,please see a demo in a store before u buy..u won't regret buying this phone
killing it with the 950 XL
by Archith A. on 2015-12-17
The phone is amazing. The camera as expected is frankly best in it's class. The touch is extreamly fluid. Pretty fast interface. And guys as for the display dock don't be mislead, the promotion code would be sent after the delivery of the phone and you would have to separately place an order for the dock with the promotion code. I got mine on the 15th and my dock is on it's way.
Slow And Steady Wins The Race
by Abhinav on 2016-08-28
I have been using the phone since 7 months now....wat started with a lot of frustration now has become smooth like butter, with the initial updates the phone had become good and lag free but the anniversary update that the phone got in this month has made the phone awesome and too good, with all the major apps available in store with regular updates lumia 950xl and windows phone as a whole has become good, with monthly regular updates and new phones coming up with windows 10 platform like HP and Acer the future of windows phone seems bright and i am happy that am a windows phone user.
Not to forget cortana and windows sync with my windows laptop and desktop is gr8, i get all my notifications on my laptop
View all 158 Reviews
by MB on 2016-07-17
Awsome one and i goy display dock free as well....feeling lucky.
Excellent product no regrets thanks snapdeal
by Rishi on 2016-07-06
First i was confuse which phone should i buy apple 6s or samsung note 5.than i found this amazing phone microsoft Lumia 950 XL.Excellent camera both front and rear,with live photos 4K video.best phone ever with all windows 10 features moreover its different and nice to use.every company is emphasising on finger print scannner,but in lumia you can unlock ur phone with ur eyes great features with great software no regrets.continum feature awsome.Thanks snapdeal for such an amazing product and delivered right on time.
Awesome phone esp. with Continuum dock
by vinod on 2016-01-16
Very, very nice phone. Much better than Android and iOS. And the Continuum dock is awesome. Let's me work on a big screen as a PC while the phone still remains as a phone.
by MSK on 2016-01-09
View all 4 Reviews