by Vinod Mangalore on 2015-07-29
DISPLAY 5/5 : display is very sharp ...FHD videos looks quite good.
SPEAKER 4/5 : speaker is not so loud, but its a decent one....
PERFORMANCE 5/5: response is pretty quick....high end games run smoothly without lags.
BATTERY 5/5: battery is really good nd no heating issues while playing games...on normal usage it will last 1 whole day( or even more days on stand-by) nd it charges up quickly.
CAMERA 4/5: front cam is really good with front led flash. rear cam is just ok. pictures are not sharp nd colour production is bit low.
no notification light:(
every time u need to click on home button.
by Vatsal Thakrar on 2015-08-05
Best phone by Samsung in this price. First of all display is very very good. Phone has no hanging problem so this is improved result from Samsung. No hanging issue during games. Camera quality is superb 13 mp rear and 5mp front both are excellent. Battery backup is also good. This phone is slim and light weight so user experience is excellent. I m happy to bought this product.
1, First of all check the IMEI number of your phone which one you have bought from Flipkart or any other sites. Check your IMEI number which is in box with thiis code. If both are same then there is no problem with the phone. Here is IMEI checking number:
Thank you for reading.
by Ganesh Singh on 2015-08-01
Nice phone with decent camera superfast handy
no hanging at all superb go for it
better than any other in this price
good battery backup
by sandipan dinda on 2015-08-11
Just got my phone on 10 august 2015,by its looks its awsm(gold version),by its performence superb and the camera quality is awsm..in this price range.Though initialy I was in confusion with moto 3rd gen and j5, but i think ...the interphase of samsung is just awsm and the speed also.
In one word..I am loving it :-P
Wonderful Phone for the Price.
by Atul Jain on 2015-07-30
Good Display, Good Performance, FRONT FLASH, Good Camera, Good Battery, Wonderful Headphones
Sound is Average, look is Decent (Not Cheap, Not Premium), No Auto Brightness Sensor.
In Short, Go for it. TOTAL VALUE for the price
Value for the Money and Best Budget Smartphone
by Manjunath on 2015-08-07
First of all,
I see few of the people commenting negative about the product. To all those who say product is faulty, let me tell the samsung galaxy j5 is the best affordable phone you can get at this range.
I have been using this phone since a week. Here are my impressions.
1. Display: Brilliant super amoled HD display with great viewing angles. This is the best screen display you can get
2. Software: The Android 5.1 Lollipop is a treat to eyes. Though Samsung uses their own UI touchwiz above android, this software seems to be very nice and samsung have maintained zero bloatware. The UI is similar to that of Samsung s6 UI and you will love this for sure
3. Touch response: The touch response is very good
4. Camera Quality: The camera is also one of the USP of the phone. The images taken from the front camera appears to be bright, crisp and clean. Though I find very less distortion for the images taken inside the room. However , you will be satisfied with this quality if you are a person who is a hardcore selfie fan. You can make video calls with no hassles. The rear camera is also good. Though not very sharp and crispy at night, but do NOT COMPARE the images taken with that of high end phones. People often do this but as a customer, they have to keep in the mind that these are budget phones
4. Build quality: Build quality is also nice. Many people out there complain Samsung phones are similar in design. But they forget all phones are similar in design and none of them offer a round display
5. Sound quality: The sound output is sufficient for a room and the best part is that, the output from the grilled speaker is good and not chilled. You can easily distinguish the voice and the music
Cons: The only con I found are the backlit button. However, we cannot expect everything under one roof.
Every phone has pros and cons. Atleast Samsung does not make other people fool unlike other brands who often increase the megapixel count and display PPI to attract customers.
Compare the display quality of this phone with any other budget phones which few of the people here have compared and you can cleary see Samsung is the winner.
When you do not like the product, don't buy it. Each brand produces thousands of phones and atleast few of them will have fault in it, but it does not mean, you can blame the company and the product. If this phone was to be bad, then instead of 5 stars rating, most of them would had given 1 rating.
Compare to MOTO G3, this is a master piece. The only point where MOTO G3 outpar this phone is its water resistant capability.
So guys, go for this phone without having to think for the second time.
P:S I'M NOT A SAMSUNG FAN. I WAS AN APPLE FANBOY WHO DITCHED THE RESTRICTED IOS ENVIRONMENT FOR AN OPEN ANDROID ENVIRONMENT. LIFE IS TOO RESTRICTED AND WE CANNOT HAVE PUT RESTRICTIONS ON WHAT WE USE AND HOW TO USE OUR GADGETS.
Samsung best ever launch in low-mid range
by Manu Gupta on 2015-08-21
I was looking for budget smartphone in range of 10k-15k and certainly not interested in Lenevo, micromax, Yu, Motorola. So was browsing the phones and got the news of J5 recently launched and will be available via flipkart Aug onwards. Then in late July visited flipkart and saw few reviews coming. I was surprised, people have preordered and received as well. That time only white color was made available, so kept on waiting till 9 Aug for my gold color variation. Without wasting much time on Sunday morning ordered the gold color variation with next day delivery option(couldnt wait further).
So here is the feedback post 12 days of usage on 3G network
1. Excellent HDAMOLED display.
2. nice battery backup and will standard usage last upto 36 hrs or more with data enabled
3. good option for SD card 128 GB. I myself got 64 GB card so no issues in usage
4. 700+ MB ram available hence good option to add n no. of apps
5. V good selfie modes- normal, wide, interval options available
6. Both primary and secondary cam have good sensors. In avg light conditions, it clicks v good pictures.
7. Good processor with no lag in opening any app or phone book or any other activities.
8. Charging is fast.
1. I had issue with screen number lock. When I play music and screen is locked then resuming to phone activities i should get number pad for unlocking phone but I see a blank screen. So i had to use swipe option instead.
2. In low light cameras are bad performer.
3. If zoomed to click pic, images gets pix-elated heavily.
4. My previous phone was samsung y duos so getting backup on kies and transfer to J5 was issue, it was kies issue i think. Anyways I had to move my SD card in J5.
Can we have some options message transfer between phones.
Overall I liked the phone. Rest time will tell.
by Swarnendu Roy on 2015-08-13
Excellent phone at excellent price from Samsung..
The best part Samsung did not followed the usual path of releasing the phone at higher price and then slashing the price after 6 months..
The camera both front and rear and the camera apps are really good for quick photography..
Picture quality is really good..
Those who expect DSLR quality from a phone.. Its too much of an asking..
Overall satisfied with the product..
The only thing I miss is the Corning Gorilla glass.. Only concern as of now...
It is not a gaming phone from Samsung, it is a small tv with good picture quality
by Argha Mondal on 2015-08-05
Samsung still cannot compete with other good brands like Xiaomi, Lenovo and Motorola.
1. Display : 5/5
Display is awesome, very vivid and viewing angles are great and colour reproduction is very nice, this only because of the Super Amoled display. Only in this area Samsung scores 5/5
2. Rear Camera : 3.5/5
Rear camera is good in daylight condition, but the picture it captures is not that clear. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (8 mp camera) have much better picture clarity. Just take a picture and zoom a little bit and you will find the image is not clear. Colour reproduction is good but not that much.
3. Front Camera : 5/5
Front camera is very nice, it is much better that rear one. And the LED flash give adequate amount of light for taking pictures in low light.
4. Performance : 2.5/5
UI is lag free. But it is not a gaming phone. I have played heavy games like Modern Combat 5, Asphalt 8, Real Racing 5. But all the games starts in smooth way but after 5 - 10 mins, its becomes slight laggy and lot frame drops. But games like Temple Run 2, Subway Surfers is playing without any lag.
5. Storage and RAM : 2.5/5
In this competitive market Samsung could have given 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM. At the first boot, only 700MB RAM is free and out of 8GB ROM, only 4.5GB is usable. So you cannot install heavy games all at once. And after installing Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger, some other useful apps, you will get only 450 mb RAM and 2GB ROM free.
6. Look and Feel : 4/5
I always like look of the Samung's handsets. But the at this price it doesnot have Corning Gorilla Glass protection. Which is very essential. And the handset is very stylish and slim. And the Capacitive buttons are not backlit.
7. Heating issue : 3/5
While playing Real Racing 2, and in the background the Temple Runs 2 is open. I felt a slight Heat, which i was not expecting from Samsung.
8. Speaker : 4/5
Speaker is decent, but not that much loud, but the clarity is good.
I love Samung's smartphone. But this time i am feeling Samsung is not giving its effort to be a good competitor in the Indian Market. Samsung disappointed me.
Samsung Galaxy J5 is too good
by Joseadric on 2015-08-14
I received this product from flipkart yesterday. I am so much satisfied with this mobile
--Phone is so smooth to use & fast (1.5 gb ram but its working like 2 gb ram)
--Battery is also good (My earlier phone lenovo a6000 use to drain without use, this one is solid)
--Sound is low and I find its ok bcoz the quality it produces is awesome
--Camera is fine too ( I read some negative comments about rear camera but it's pretty decent for normal use and i capture some pics and its good)
--Phone charges pretty fast and its one additional point
--I didnt find any lag while playing games
--Internal memory is 8 gb and 4 gb is for use and it allows you to transfer the apps to SD card and no worries .
--Amoled display is great and awesome
So no doubt this is a good handset and go for it
View all 1247 Reviews
This is the best product i have bought fro amazon
by Danish Kapoor on 2016-08-24
Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F (Gold, 8GB)
This is the best product i have bought fro amazon.From good looks to features all is well.I bought this for my dad and he was happy to see this.Best phone ever.
Great phone for the average user!
by Mehak on 2016-08-28
Please hit the helpful button if you find the review to be helpful! It helps a lot guys.....
1) The first pros is the 5 inch Super AMOLED display. It helps in lower consumption of battery power. You don’t get Super AMOLED displays with other brands.
2) Besides the 13 megapixel primary camera the front camera which is a 5 megapixel sensor has a flash. It is a plus point for users who even loves taking selfies in low light condition or in the dark too.
3) The front camera can also shoot full HD videos. What’s more is that you can use the full HD feature even when calling through Whatsapp, Viber, Skype, etc.
4) Now this is the most interesting part, the external memory can be expanded up to 128 GB. That’s a way 4 times more than normal phones.
5) This phone does support USB OTG cable.
6) The dimension in thickness is only about 7.9 mm, so it is really a slim device but not the slimmest around.
7) And lastly a headphone is shipped with the phone. I call this a pros because with other brands you don’t get.
1) Everybody is complaining about the RAM which is of only 1.5 GB, and consumers are right. You know what you can get 2GB RAM phones at two-third the price of this phone with other brands.
2) Next is the removal of Snapdragon processor. Previously many in fact all of the Samsung Galaxy series phones are shipped with Snapdragon chipsets. But now they are following the MediaTek. It’s not that MediaTek is bad, but the fact is that Snapdragon is much much better for power and memory management.
3) First the batter capacity is a little bit low at 2600 mAh and over that it does not have any “Ultra Power Saving Mode”. I am asking because its bigger brother Galaxy J7 have.
4) The temperature sensor is absent. So, keeping track the phone temperature is impossible.
So if you can compromise those cons, you should really go for it. But in case if you cannot compromise let me recommend you a better alternative phone with better specifications, so follow the link below.
It is an amazing and easy to use phone
by Amazon Customer on 2016-01-01
It is an amazing and easy to use phone.I bought it for my mum who needs to use a user friendly phone.she is extremely happy with it.
by Amazon Customer on 2016-02-04
awesome phone with amazon's fast delivery as always. Packaging was also good and was upto my expectations
GALAXY J5 = VALUE FOR MONEY
by BUSTHAN P. on 2015-11-22
Amazing battery back up.
Easy samsung user interface.
Lightning fast internet.
But back cover is of cheap plastic.
16 GB RAM is necessary.
Priced more than MRP.
by Vicky on 2016-09-27
Everything is great...Got the speed..clarity...
Only 2 issues..m
1. Sometime network gets disconnected..
2. Internal storage runs out Quickly...
A virtually perfect phone
by Dr. Akash K. Rose on 2015-12-20
In terms of aesthetics, UI, UX and functionality, it is hard to imagine what more one can expect from a phone.
In addition, the form factor is ideal for convenience of carrying and usage, with a large enough screen for comfortable e-mails, surfing and reading or writing. The primary purpose of reliable communications is also fully met by the two 4G SIM Slots. Signal reception is as good as it gets. Built-in MS Office is a truly welcome addition for all of us who need to work on the run, and of course, there are Maps and Navigation and a collection of other useful apps. The cameras are more than good enough and offer good levels of control via the app interface (try 'Mode > Pro' for those who are used to DSLRs. In 'Auto' Mode, a tap on the screen tells the camera which part of the frame to expose correctly for - very useful. If one takes the basic precaution of turning off unnecessary background processes and keeping screen brightness low when indoors (as well as optimizing battery usage via the comprehensive battery settings), the phone will keep running for at least two days of heavy talk-time without recharge. It also recharges rapidly. Never tried Gaming on any of my phones, so can't comment on that, but operation in everything else is silky smooth and fast. Sound quality is good and in-call volume excellent. All in all, a virtually perfect phone.
It is working fine. Here are some Pros and Cons
by Mohan Selvaraj on 2016-05-15
I bought this phone in Reliance digital. After using it for a week I am writing this review.
It is working fine. Here are some Pros and Cons.
1. Good spec @ this price range
2. Touchscreen is really good responsive
3. Camera quality is OK.
4. No heating problem.
5. Battery life is commendable.
6. Performance is cool. No lagging.
1. RAM could have been in the higher side. But still ok for regular usage.
2. Internal memory could have been more.
3. There is no LED notification while charging and messages.
4. Sound is on medium side.
But guys please don't go for the Killer spec phones. That will really kill ur phone in 1 year. Also try to avoid buying non-branded phones as they are having very less service centre's in major cities. Samsung is the trusted phone and having many service centres.
My suggestion is you can buy this phone if you are looking for a good spec with budget...
Crashed Motherboard in a "brand new" phone!!
by Amazon Customer on 2016-09-18
The phone did not start at all, and when we took this phone to the Samsung Service Station, they told us that the mother board has crashed - unbelieveable, since this was a new phone. The Samsung guys replaced the motherboard, however, I believe I should have got a replacement phone as they cant sell something which does not work in the first place and then repair it!! Extremely disappointing experience with the vendor - Sabrimala Leasing and Holdings. AMAZON INDIA you need to do something about the vendor here.
Good product with reasonable price.
by Sushil Pant on 2016-12-15
I purchased this smartphone few days before and so ot would be too early to review but till now it is working fine. Display is of great quality. Though it hang sometimes when doing heavy tasking but in this price range and brand quality, this is good deal. Will review more after more use.
View all 301 Reviews