All You Need To Know About AC; Types, Features And More
Published On May 31, 2021
The summer season has arrived and most of us are quite familiar with one of the most used electronic appliances these days, yes, I am talking about ACs. Air conditioners have emerged as the need of the hours at the time when temperatures are making new records every summer. As of now, most of the people can easily afford AC as it is no more a luxury. You can get an air conditioner at a starting price of Rs 15,000 and if you will go for a smart AC, then you may have to spend around Rs 50,000 to Rs 90,000. The best part with the expensive ones is that they come with a 5 star rating which means that they are going to save a big amount that you will pay as electricity bill. This thing makes them purely cost-efficient. The basic categorizations of AC is quite simple as there are two types of air conditioners including the window AC and the Split AC. Both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. Let's have a look at the negative and positive aspects of both types of ACs.
Types Of ACs
- Windows ACs are available at a cheaper price as compared to Split ACs.
- They also have an easy installation process which is quite amazing as installing a Split AC requires a lot of effort.
- In terms of power saving, Split ACs are way better than Window ACs which makes them cost-efficient and it also justifies the fact that they are costlier than window ACs.
- You will only see limited cooling in Window AC but when it comes to Split AC, you get wider blowers that have a high cooling capacity.
- No doubt that the noise by Window AC can be a bit irritating sometimes. However, Split ACs are never going to produce a lot of noise as the compressor's placement is far from AC, so the noise is almost negligible.
What Else?Other major factors that should be considered while buying an air conditioner are star rating, capacity, price, and compressor type. Star rating decides the amount of power consumption by an air conditioner. For example, an air conditioner with a low star rating like one or two will consume a higher amount of electricity. On the other hand, an air conditioner with a high start rating like three, four pr five will consume less electricity. Talking about the compressors, you can go for ACs with a centrifugal air conditioning compressor. The capacity of the air conditioner depends on the room size in which you want to install it. You can refer to PriceDekho's AC Buying Guide for further clarification related to the mentioned features. Apart from the above-mentioned features, all the buyer should also consider secondary features in their AC like:
Secondary Features To Consider In An AC
- Dust Filter: As the name suggests, this filter in an air conditioner gathers and removes small dust particles and mites.
- Auto-cleaning: It is surely one of the most important secondary features in an AC. It allows the AC to remove the bacteria deposits and mould inside the blower.
- Dehumidifier: This one helps in extracting the excess moisture from the air in times of rain. Basically, this feature makes sure that users don't feel damped and restricts the growth of bacteria and fungus.
- Anti-bacteria filter: This feature helps in removing dust mites, allergens, pollen, and bacteria from the air. It also makes the environment healthy.
- Heater: It simply raises the temperature whenever required during the winters and it also saves the expenditure to buy a heater for the same.