realme, the World’s fastest-growing smartphone brand, announced its milestones for 2020, as it became one of the most popular and trendsetting technology companies to scale rapid growth within just three years of inception. In a year marked with many challenges, realme India strove to create new benchmarks with its new 1 Core Smartphones + 4 Smart Hubs + N AIOT products strategy as realme Techlife universe, new launches, and offline expansion.
Commenting on the achievements, Mr. Madhav Sheth, VP-realme and CEO, realme India and Europe said, “2020 was a special year for realme, as we entered into new territories such as Wearables, Hearables, Smart TVs and created a strong impact, besides enhancing our smartphone success story as well. Our ‘Dare to Leap’ spirit, continuous cheer and enthusiasm from our fans, and trust from our business partners helped us in becoming one of the thriving tech-lifestyle brands last year. As we step into the New Year, we will continue to push ourselves, innovate, and bring the thrill of a realme Techlife and 5G to many more users worldwide”.
With a versatile range of smartphones and smart accessories, realme is democratizing 5G to get consumers future-ready and gradually building a TechLife universe that will empower everyone to enjoy the desired life enhanced by technology. The brand is poised to introduce exciting new products in 2021.
realme announced its milestones across smartphones, AIOT, realme community, and offline channels:
● The First 5G Smartphone in India – realme became the first brand to launch 5G smartphone in India – the realme X50 Pro in February 2020
● Tech Pioneer & Democratizer – With a mission to bring the latest technology to the users, realme democratized 64MP camera and 90Hz display with realme 6 series, and pioneered India’s Fastest Charging Technology with realme 7 series. As a popularizer of advanced tech, realme was among the first to launch the 125W UltraDart charge, and for the first time introduced Starry Mode to smartphones.
● Redefined product lines- Established a full price range product positioning- C series with three new models in the segment [Sub 10k], Number & Pro series [10 to 20k], X series [20k above]
● realme C11, the top-selling series in the online segment – Leading specs, power, and performance led realme C11 to become the top-selling model in the online segment in Sep 2020 with a 5% market share (Counterpoint Research, Oct 2020)
● Fastest brand to reach 50 MN shipments – realme recorded massive 132% growth QoQ and 45% YoY growth, reaching 50 MN users within just 3 years (Counterpoint Quarterly Smartphone Market Monitor, Q3 2020).
● Festive growth with 6.3 MN smartphones sold – realme Festive Days was a resounding success, with the brand reaching a record-breaking sales of 6.3 MN smartphones during the period, achieving a 20% growth YoY in spite of the adverse market situation.
● Among the Top 3 brands in India – realme became one of the Top 3 brands in India, as per smartphone shipments, in Oct 2020. It also became the only brand among Top 5 to clock in a triple digit YoY growth at a tremendous 101.55% (Counterpoint Smartphone Monthly Model tracker – Oct 2020)
● Top smartphone brand in quality – realme ranked top on techARC’s smartphone brand quality index at 69.7 points in October 2020. What’s more, the report also revealed that over 60% of realme users have never got their smartphone repaired since purchase!
● realme smartwatch, the most preferred wearable – realme’s first Smartwatch, launched in May 2020, became the most shipped wearable watch model in both Q2 and Q3 2020 (IDC Monthly wearable device tracker, Oct 2020)
● Fastest sale of realme Smart TVs – realme witnessed 15K+ users opting for realme smart TVs within just 10 mins of the first sale
● Fastest growing smart TV brand – realme is now the fastest-growing smart TV brand in India with a 240% growth in shipment from Q2-Q3 2020 (IDC Quarterly Smart Home Device Tracker Q3, 2020)
● The leading TWS brand with best-selling models – In Q2 2020, realme secured the leading position in the market, driven by the success of the newly launched realme Buds Air, Buds Air Neo and Buds Q, which were all among the Top 5 best-sellers (Counterpoint Q2 India Hearables Report 2020)
● realme Buds Q, a bonafide bestseller – The super-efficient, truly wireless and stylish realme Buds Q became the No. 1 bestseller on Amazon in July 2020
● Festive growth with 2 MN AIOT products sold – realme’s newly introduced AIOT portfolio registered success as 1.25MN+ users opted for realme audio products, 350K+ users opted for realme Watch and realme Band and 190K+ users chose realme smart TVs during realme Festive Days sale
● realme ranked the No.1 smart wearable and smart TV brand on Flipkart during festive seasons
● Boosted retail network across India – realme enhanced distribution channels in India, especially in Tier-4 & Tier-5 cities, covering 35,000+ mobile stores
● Established exclusive smart stores – With vision to deepen reach in India, realme opened 30+ smart stores in 2020 to enable users to experience realme products first-hand. With the overwhelming response received, realme aims to bring 300-500 smart stores in 2021.
● Strengthened TWS shipment in offline markets – realme achieved highest TWS shipment in the offline market, holding 22.1% share in Q3 ’20 and 21.7% share in Sept ’20 (IDC India Monthly Wearable Device Tracker (Sept 2020)
realme users in India
● 35 MN in India – Thanks to undying support and love from fans, realme user base in India expanded to 35 million users
● 1.5MN community users – realme community grew on the back of fan support and encouragement to include more than 1.5 MN users
● 100% Made in India – Committed to the ‘Make in India’ spirit, realme ensured that all smartphones sold in India are 100% ‘Made in India’ only.
● Kick-started smart TV production – realme started manufacturing Smart TVs 100% in India and will do this for different AIOT product lines in due course of time.
● Among the Top 5 brands – In Q3, realme grew to become one of the Top 5 brands in its key markets, including No. 1 in Philippines and No. 2 in Malaysia