Its a Steal Deal but check the freebies !
by Saayon Chakrabarti on 2014-10-01
I will not repeat on the excellent performance of the TV on which volumes has been already said here. Instead , let me bring to your notice the price and the freebies currently on offer by retail stores vs. Flipkart:
I ordered for this TV from Flipkart on 27/09 and was promised a delivery by 30/09. The price of 50.9K definitely looked a steal and the 4000/- exchange for my old CRT TV sweetened the deal ! I checked with reliance digital and they negotiated their list price of 59K down to 54K but no further (including a exchange offer of 3.8K for my old TV) hence, on a pure price level, it was a no brainer to buy it from Flipkart as it was a clear advantage of 7K !!
But was it ? The store price at reliance included some company freebies for Diwali season , namely,
1. Magic Remote 2. Multi angle swivel stand 3. 2 year extended warranty. These were not advertised on Flipkart. ( I actually verified that these were gifts given from company scheme as I found a mention of them on the Diwali sale brochure of LG)
However, when Flipkart delivered the TV on 29th ( as usual , one day before the promised date of 30th) , I was pleasantly surprised to find a magic remote inside the box! .However, I did miss out on the swivel stand and the extended warranty which I guess is Ok considering the price advantage.
The LG guy took 2 days to come for installation and he fixed the TV on the wall with a stand which has some degree of movement. hence, I am not missing the swivel stand too much :-)
Though I am pretty satisfied with the overall deal, I would advise Flipkart to CLEARLY mention all offer and freebies along with the price so as not to lose customers .
The TV has been working fine and my only grouse is the very low sound volume which definitely mandates at least a external 2.1 home theatre to be attached if u are really looking to get the "Theatre effect" watching your movies.
Also, The TV supports MKV format and can easily read from a hard disk upto 2TB capacity ( thought of mentioning this as is not mentioned in Flipkart listing page)
Hope this was helpful.
LG 32LB5820 Full HD : Awesome Go For It Without any second thought
by rajiv chodisetti on 2014-07-20
First of all kudos to flipkart team for their safe and faster delivery . Ordered on saturday morning and it has arrived on sunday morning as per the preferred scheduled time .
Now coming to the review ,
Price : I have inquired the price of it in couple of offline stores
in my area and they all said that their catalog price is 42k and they can only reduce 2k-3k and that to with great difficulty and i got it on flipkart for 33.8 K , off course snapdeal is offering for 1k lesser but I some how had a greater extent of trust on flipkart service .
Looks : Awesome with the silver lining around the frame and the looks are much better than the other 32k competitive one's
Video Quality : Today I have opted for Airtel DTH HD connection and the HD channels clarity is amazing compared to the non HD one's , may be it's the problem with the airtel non HD channels , will have to check
Video playback : I have played my wedding video which is of 8GB in size and it played flawlessly without any breaks and smoothly , this year i have bought couple other sony bravia HD ready TV's which are of 32k range one for my sister and other for my parents and they both have problem playing larger files (>4GB) and the 8GB video which am talking was not able to play in those one's
I have connected my Western Digital one TB hard disk and it got connected without any problem ( my sonia bravia TV's have the problem of detecting hard disks ) and I tested videos of different formats like .mkv,.divx,.mp4,.flv and .avi and all videos played without any problems , so if someone has problem playing with the above mentioned formats , then might be it's problem with your file itself .
Sound Clarity : Some people have expressed concerns about the sound , but the sound quality of the device is very good , I have installed the TV in a hall which is of 20*14 feet size and there is no need of even increasing the sound to 50% for the entire hall to be audible loudly .
I haven't wall mounted the TV yet and the initial configuration of device is pretty easy and self explanatory .
It has 3 USB's and 3 HDMI ports on the left hand side and the accessibility of those ports is easy as well , for sony bravia the ports are given at the down side and I use to un-mount the TV everytime to connect pendrive and even the extension wires bought outside haven't worked for bravia
Am not opposed to Sony devices , this is the first time am buying an LG device and am just comparing it with sony bravia because we had a couple in our family .
If you are looking for a best 32inch LED , just blindly go for it as it is packed with lot of other features like inbuilt wifi , screen mirroring etc etc
Update : LG service center guy has wall mounted the TV yesterday and the wall amount is an adjustable kind of thing i.e you can move the TV set forward or backward left or right as a result any port on the back side can be accessible without un mounting the set which i liked it very much
Good Service by Flipkart and LG not providing free installation and Demo
by Sudhir R on 2015-04-15
I have purchased this Tv for Rs. 44180 through flipkart, Got delivery by 13th April (around 9:30pm), I appreciate flipkart service and support.
When I called for LG customer care for free installation, they are denied for free installation and demo for online purchases and they are asking for additional cost for installation and wall mount.
Now I am contacted flipkart for the same and I am getting only assurance that installation will complete before today evening…. “Finger Crossed”.
Why LG is deny for installation..? is there is any notification from LG on this subject..?
Hope this will be my Last buy from LG products.....
For Flipkart... Hope today evening i will decide on future buy...
Features as described - Budget smart TV
by Dr Shyam Singhal on 2015-02-12
I order it on 4th Feb. Received on 10th Feb. Box seems to be in good condition.
On box it is mentioned that free magic remote is inside (my big worry).
Despite repeated call to customer care, no communication so far to fix installation date.
Detailed product review I will post past installation.
Now complete review,
I was informed by flipkart customer care that they will fix the installation with the LG call center within 48 hours but after waiting for two days when I called up flipkart, they informed me that I have to call the LG call center to get the product installed. I called up LG customer care & they booked my installation without any issue.
Next day the LG service personal came for installation. When he came to know that I have purchased it online he refused free installation & asked me Rs. 250 for installation charges. He said that for free installation I have to produce stamped/completed warranty card and that card will be required for any future warranty service also. After much arguments he asked me to give him a photocopy of invoice with my statement written on it that I have not paid installation charges & if required by the company I will pay for that.
The wall mount was supplied within the TV box. it is not the advance one with swivel support but is support horizontal tilting to some extent.
All features working fine as described.
Miracast working fine with my tablet (need android 4.2 or later). I could not connect my laptops with intel widi because my laptops are running windows 7 and does not support intel widi. Still I am able to play movies from my laptop to tv wireless by DLNA DMR.
Sound quality is good and volume is sufficiently loud.
Time machine function is able to record live TV for one hour with inbuilt memory.
Overall an average TV with smart features.
For good viewing experience HD connection is required. Normal SD contents get pixelated on this much large screen.
I got it for 49990/- . Available with local seller for 55000/- with swivel wall mount (4800/-) and DVD player (2500/-) as freebie. This also do not have any conflict with service center for warranty purpose. So, I will recommend to check with local seller before buying it online.
I am also requesting flipkart customer service to provide me with stamp/completed warranty card because it is a must condition mentioned under warranty requisites even on their webpage for this product.
LG 32 LB 5820 - Awesome Smart TV go for it!
by Flipkart Customer on 2014-06-17
I have purchased this TV a week ago to enjoy FIFA world cup 2014 from one of the dealers in Bangalore for 35,000 as flipkart was priced little higher. So far my experience has been great . I would like to review this product based on my usage.
1. Design is very sexy with silver finish on the panel and it will attract anyone who watches this TV.
2. Picture quality (Full HD) is awesome if you are watching HD channels using a set up box (I use Videocon D2H full HD). The SD channels are not great in terms of quality.
3. Smart features is the USP of this TV. You get 3 HDMI and 3 USB ports which will allow you to connect other devices like Laptop or PC. You also get recording feature in this T.V which Sony and Samsung doesn't provide.
4. Wifi Built in feature helps you to connect to the Internet without any issues.
5. 4GB Inbuilt memory provided in the TV to store your applications.
6. Magic remote and camera feature (optional) and you have to buy it separately
7. Advanced IPS panel provided for wide viewing angle for better quality pictures.
8. Sound effect is good with 20w (10+10) output with clear voice and DTS technology
9. Free Wall mount stand provided at the time of installation (You also get table stand inside the package). LG after sales service is great, they came within 24 hours for the installation.
10. Power consumption is very less and it has got 4.5 star rating for the energy saving.
I have not found any cons till now but I will list out the things which could have made the product even better.
1. Price of the TV should have been 30 to 32k
2. Picture quality should have been better ie the refresh rate something like 150- 200 HZ. This TV has 50 HZ refresh rate.
If you are looking for a 32 Full HD Smart TV, go for this TV without any hesitation as it will exceed your expectations. It is a value for money product with rich features.
by Anurag Rastogi on 2015-04-24
I purchased this product from Flipkart because I was always convinced with the pricing, product quality and delivery.
However, only after making the payment and receiving the product I got to know that for installation I have to pay the cost from my own pocket. No where on the site they have listed about it. This is like "Fooling the Customer".
The amount (INR 3,000) which I was saving on purchase is now being paid to LG guys for installation.
Going forward I am not going to buy any electrical appliance from Flipkart.
by Flipkart Customer on 2014-06-24
Fantastic Smart TV with mind blowing picture quality & crystal clear sound clarity !
I was very skeptic initially to go for LG model of LED TV and was considering either 32" Sony or 32" Samsung LED TV. After visiting a couple of Dealers, I have zeroed in on LG 42" SMART LED TV which came into Indian market during end April 2014 & it seemed to have plethora of options and future ready!
The price looked quite reasonable for the features which this model is offering. One thing I could not check properly was the sound quality as the store was very noisy.
The package arrived the next day from Croma and without waiting for LG team we have assembled the unit following the instructions given in the manual.
The packing was pretty neat & tidy, with all the accessories clearly marked.
Once we did initial setup & connected the HDMI, the TV came alive with vivid picture & cystal clear sound! The picture quality definitely scores over Sony or Samsung or other makes in this range. The picture quality is very sublime & never tires the eye. After getting satisfied with the main TV features, we tried with USB input. The TV was very responsive in displaying the Photos & videos, switching between USB input & HDMI etc.
The picture display & video display quality from USB drive is absolutely stunning. It is without exaggeration that I can declare that I have made a very wise decision in going for this latest model of LG LED TV.
There is a lot to explore on Internet connection, Miracast and host of other features, which I will do in the coming days and update in my review.
I am really happy about the quality performance of this TV set, and I recommend others to look beyond Sony, Samsung, Toshiba etc...
If you want my Pro Vs Cons; I would say the only handling the remote looks a bit tricky.. The sensor is exactly at the bottom centre of the panel and aiming with remote needs a bit of familiarisation.. There are no other glitches I have noticed....
by Arvind Karanth on 2014-06-20
This is latest 2014 model, so you will not find any reviews on the internet (as of 20th Jun 2014). From my experience, if you are looking for a Smart TV without 3D then this is a decent choice.
>> The sound and picture quality is good even on my local cable provider network. I would expect it to be excellent on a Satellite TV connection.
>> Connects to Wi-Fi devices seamlessly.
>> This model does not come with a Magic Remote, believe me you don't need one, as you can use a Tab/Smart phone (which connects via Wi-Fi) to navigate thorough the Smart TV options, and the response is pretty quick
>> The other nice feature is that a mini TV display is available even when you go off into browsing on Smart TV.
Issue: I faced some issues initially while trying to stream content on the Smart TV from my 1Tb WD My Book Live that is connected to my Wi-Fi router.
I changed the WD My Book Live from DHCP to a static IP Addr, and Smart TV was able to stream content from My Book Live more consistently. However, there are still intermittent disconnects, and I am still unable to comment whether the issue is with the Smart TV DLNA.
Anyway, I am loving the experience, as this is my first LED TV, and would recommend going for this TV.
Fustrated with LG Service Center .
by Nevis on 2015-05-25
Thank You FlipKart - You guys deliverd the Product on time and in good contition - The TV is a super duper .
NOW THE TRUTH !!!!
LG Does NOT LIke Customers Buying the Product from FlipKart Period!!!!
- No Magic Remoter
- Warrenty 1 year only.
- When Called their Service center - It took 4 Days to get a technician home.
- No WallMount - Technician asked 4000 Rs !! [ too 450 for connecting wires - so difficult ]
Originally I called on monday - when i Checked on wednesday - the service call which i raised was not traceble so I raised a new call -Wow this is amazing !!!
Thank you LG - we guys try to save some money since we are working class , And you donnt like - -- Last product from LG in my house .
Flipkart You guys better put this up on you Website with all information [ waht you gey and waht you donnt get ] so that consumers donnt have to break their head.
Best 43-49inch Smart TV (non-3D) to buy in 2014
by Chandrasekhar Subramanya on 2014-07-14
Though this was available online at other sites, I couldn't risk trusting them with something as costly as this TV. I chose WS Retail because their service is exceptional. Was delivered in 2 days as promised and I even got to choose a delivery time slot which is great.
Package contains well packed TV. The TV is gorgeous with less than a centimeter of bezel around it. It comes with a 2014 sticker so you can keep it around to show off to others you bought a 2014 model. The TV isn't too heavy, i believe one person can carry it around( in case you were worrying about moving it yourself).
There were 4 wall mount screw holes for ppl who want to wall mount.
Remote( not magic remote) with batteries.
left and right stands with 4 screws which need to be screwed to the TV before setting it up -this requires a star screw driver. I managed to use a knife to tighten it, with care of course.
Manuals and some plastic pieces to hold wires together.
I feel the LB5820 series in 32,42 & 47 inches are super good. If i am buying another smaller TV i'll probably go for 32LB5820 itself.
On first boot it requires the remote so keep the remote with batteries ready when turning on the TV. It has simple steps like language, country selection ( i personally didn't like how J&K was depicted in the map here), privacy policies, Internet setup etc.
The automatic internet setup didn't work for me, manual wireless setup was easy to do.
Wifi reception is pretty decent.
I just got the TV delivered a few hours ago so yet to explore the Smart features fully. I'll update this review if i find anything worth editing. But the TV has lots of settings and wizards to control picture and audio quality. You can surely get the right settings you want.
It has a nice feature where you can limit the max sound in settings so children or half-deaf people will not increase volume to 100% and cause trouble. In case you find the max volume is too low, goto settings and set the max to high from medium.
It has lots of Apps i just tried Youtube and Google maps and it worked fine.
There is Wifi Direct, Intel WiDi etc. So all your devices can connect easily to TV.
You can pause/record TV via external media connected to TV which is great because you don't have to pay DTH providers for this in STB. But recording content from HDMI input source is not allowed. I tried recording from Component input and it worked. infact it uses the 4GB internal memory to do the recording too. There is even a software update option to keep the TV software up to date.
Other brands to consider:
When looking for a non-3D smart TV, Other than LG I found only Sony and Samsung to be having decent TVs. But based on my research i felt LG's got the best option. Sony is too pricey as always! and Samsung's features were limited compared to LG. eg: Things like TimeMachine which allows recording was missing in Samsung.
What could have been better:
A slightly longer power cable
A Soft cloth could have been provided to wipe the screen if it gets dusty.
View all 404 Reviews
by sridhar on 2015-06-24
Really a smart TV. It cost me Rs.46,000. My wife and I installed it ourselves. It was easy. Just fix the two bottom stands, connect the HDMI cable from my Tatasky set top box, connect power thru a 3-pin voltage stabilizer, switch it on, follow the prompts on screen. Keep your wi-fi router and internet connection on before switching on the TV. You can also connect wi-fi later, by going to the settings option.
The official LG service provider demanded Rs.4500 for demo, wall mounting and installation. I did not need any demo or installation. So, I had it wall mounted at a cost of only Rs.1800 (including the bracket and installation charges) thru a technician by contacting a salesman of a local electronics goods retailer in Bangalore.
1. The TV looks good, connects to internet in a jiffy, has easy to use features. Is really bigger looking but lighter than my old 32 inch LG LCD TV!
2. The HD movies and TV channels look very very good.
3. Low definition movies (I am a still a fan of old B&W Tamil movies of pre-60s era!) look ok, there is no image distortion or appearance of square pixels or blocks on the screen. Just that the picture is not sharp because of low definition.
4. Audio is loud and clear. Enough for my hall or bedroom.
5. I used it first in our hall with just the stands and placed it on our showcase until the technician could come in and fix it on the wall. I have now had it mounted in our bedroom. It really looks good on the wall.
Advise for buyers:
1. Magic remote is not part of the standard package; check this first with seller before placing the order. My seller said it is NOT included. You can install a remote application in your tab or smart phone - this will give you all the features that the magic remote can give, provided the the tab / phone is compatible and has all the software installed for voice recognition, etc. I think the magic remote is good but it is not essential. The standard remote that comes with the TV is ok for normal use. When surfing the net, you may find it cumbersome. I use the tab with the Remote TV app for such purpose or just happily manage with the standard remote, if the surfing is just to look for a specific movie and play it on the TV.
2. Installation and demo are not included in price. But it is easy, if you have two people working together. Just get an extra hand from family or neighbour.
3. If you use the old set top box with the three (Red-Green-Yellow) pins for video & audio connection, you must first plug them in before doing the wall mounting. Also the power cable should be plugged in. You technician should advise you in that. If you are using the HDMI or USB connection, it can be plugged or removed after the wall mounting, since there is some 3 inch gap between the wall and the back of the TV. With my thin hands, plugging them is not a problem.
4. Be careful when unpacking. Hold with both hands, with one hand supporting the bottom. It is not heavy, so one person can easily handle it. However, when unpacking take help.
5. Do not try to wall mount by yourself, unless you are a good carpenter. Our technician used four anchor bolts, a spirit level and the right tools for fixing it on wall.
Last comment: The TV is available for half the price (or 60% of the price) in the gulf or in the far east countries without international warranty. You can buy warranty after the purchase in India. You have to pay the duty at the airport, but overall it is still cheaper. I have not gone for that route, so I dont know how good this option will be. I have added a photo of the TV in this review (photo taken from an old phone, so it does not do justice to the great look it really has).
No Value for Money in terms of shelf life. Don't Buy!!
by Unnikrishnan Nair on 2016-10-01
I had purchased this product 1.5 yrs back and now I have noticed that it has developed few(3) big bright spots on the screen. Also I found that lot of people are facing the same issue especially after a year. I had purchased it for 50k. Now since its out of warranty I need to shell out more money. My previous one was Sony Wega(CRT) which had lasted for more than a decade without any repair. Considering the reviews on the website I thought of giving LG a try but am truly disappointed.
If the quality of the TV wasn't good enough, to add to my woes, their service is even worse. After their service, vertical lines have cropped up along with white spots in new areas of the screen.
Even though the new issue has occurred immediately(as soon as the TV was switched on by the technician) they claim no responsibility for it. They have cited their service policy where they can further screw up your TV and still have you pay for it. They wanna charge me 20K more for the display panel which is absurd as I have to pay for their mistake. Now I am preparing to move to consumer forum against LG as my last resort.
I have also added picture of the problem along with post service image with vertical lines
Product is great.. I got it at discounted price around ...
by Yaduveer Hada on 2015-06-05
Product is great .. I got it at discounted price around 10-11k less than market price. Amazon's delivery was very good.
I loved the sound and picture quality of TV. No matter at what distance you sit it offers good pic quality. Must buy!
I got free magic remote and installation and demo too! Don't know why others didn't get. Price i bought was 46K
by Genuine buyer on 2015-06-14
Product is good. But LG is least interested in its brand reputation. And Amazon doesn't clarify that the installation charges are to be borne by the buyer, despite calling the call centre multiple times and asking for the details about installation.
by Vishal on 2015-06-10
The Lg company is charging Rs. 800 + Service Tax(for Installation) + Wall mounting charges which will be tell by service engineer.
The product should be installed free or else it should be written that installation Charges are extra.
the sound and picture quality of TV is good..
by Jatin Bhardwaj on 2015-07-01
the sound and picture quality of TV is good.... magic remote makes it very easy to operate.... guys if u don hav it, u r living in stone age... :D
miracast is not working...raised it with lg 2 times not resolved yet... TV hangs sometims... 2 TB HDD working fyn with it
It was a good reference along with videos on youtube
by Faisal Mohamed Ali on 2015-09-01
I will share my experience through the following points.
Amazon & LG experience
1) Posted reviews was very helpful to decide on the TV i wanted. It was a good reference along with videos on youtube.
2) Picked up the TV for almost 47K on Amazon whereas i found it outside for approx 60K. I was reluctant at the beginning to purchase the TV online (it was my first online purchase for a big amount/product) due to the price difference but the risk was absolutely worth it.
3) Packaging is 10/10 and got it delivered the very next day through i was informed it would take 4-5 days. Packaging was simply awesome, LG carton was wrapped with air bubble pack within a larger carton to ensure no damage no matter what.
4) LG confirmed warranty will be valid for an online purchase however need to pay for installation & demo. (amount was less than 1000 for table top installation)
5) Called LG and requested a time slot as per my convenience and tech arrived for installation.
6) TV is light in weight and sleek. Gives an elegant look to your hall/room.
7) Pic quality is sharp and very clear specially when you are playing HD videos.
8) Multiple modes for sound and picture to select the most appropriate.
9) Sound is not very high. Need to play on high level or connect an external sound system for better effects.
10) Several internet based apps to use with the smart option.
11) All USB/HDMI ports are well placed and easy to reach even if the TV is wall mounted.
Would give 4/5 due to sound level, rest is all good and more than satisfied with my new LG 42LB5820.
by murali on 2015-08-17
Excellent...... but there no need to buy this smart tv model, u can directly go to other model which can have hdmi that able to connect your andriod phone or your computer with help of mhl cable. So, be sure about of smart tv because first 4 or 5 days we will use this smart apps next we will get bore because of its speed( very low processing while using Internet even in 6mbps speed when compare to my mobile or computer) and u must need to know this if u use Internet directly through smart tv there will be chance virus attacking problem like smart mobile so be very cautious before going to decide smart tv. My best option is if u have enough money u can buy this otherwise go to micromax full hd 42 inches and connect Internet or u tube or whatever u wan through your andriod smart mobile with help of mhl cable.
poor product description. .
by Amit Shinde on 2015-08-16
Product description does not tell you if it includes Magic remote or standard remote.
Also if you get wall mount or no.
conclusion you don't get either paying 4000 extra afte you product is received hence add this price to your online amount.
when you call customer care he is confused too,what product comes with.
Amazon call me I will tell the loop holes more.
product is good but not amazon satisfaction.
Best Television in category: highly recommended
by Sabir Khan on 2015-09-15
Verdict as of October 30th, 2016 :
Never faced any issue with the TV since I purchased it last year. The picture quality is excellent for HD contents, I use Airtel's HD+ and never faced problems with picture or sound quality.
I'm extremely happy with the connectivity features on this TV. My mobile phone BlackBerry Passport is fully compatible with the Miracast, WiFi-Direct, Bluetooth & NFC. The screen sharing or casting works like charm. I don't even need WiFi connection except for the first time, thereafter I was able to Screencast my mobile with all videos, files even apps lik Netflix. I was also able to connect my phone with the slimport USB to HDMI adapter.
The best feature is the Smart TV itself. The open OS is ok although not as good as Android but it does well. The Soft AP allows connection to upto 4 devices. The best experience of interoperability. I'm one satisfied customer of this TV.
I would recommend this TV to anybody interested in a FHD Smart TV. I was recently looking for an upgrade to 55" TV but honestly none of the new TV's offer the configuration and convenience at this price. I bought this TV in August 2015 from Amazon at Rs. 42,690. It was a great deal at that time.
by Vivek Chengappa Kodira on 2015-08-23
1. The product does not fully disclose all the additional components you need to purchase (ex: clamp).
2. You need to buy a proprietary LG-only video camera to be able to Skype
2. The Apps in the app store are amateurish and clumsy. The interface between the apps and the TV is terrible. Typing quickly on the app confuses the TV's OS.
3. When my parents called the LG call center and inquired about installation: they were told they would have to pay 800 Rs + any expenses quoted by the technician who would come home.
Very disappointed. Would have returned the TV if I could.
View all 55 Reviews