Panasonic 28C400DX Review.
by Abir Roy on 2015-12-07
As I always believe Amazon put their great efforts for the customer. I ordered it on 3rd Nov 2015 & got delivery just 1day after.
About the packaging: It was too good.. And packaging was so neat & clean.
About the Package: 1nos 28c400dx model tv. Wall mounted gear, manual book, warranty card , remote & 2 Panasonic battery which is Made in Indonesia. As this tv ?? MADE IN INDIA Means assembled in India. But Don't worry! It is Panasonic not Oskar or T- SERIES etc. Brands matter. Before buying this model I home worked a lot. And researched a lot about various LED 28inches tv. But the end I felt only Panasonic satisfied me a lot. In the market this Tv price is 18,900-19,700. Some e-shops offered me 16,000/- but that was old PANASONIC Model. Not manufactured in 2015.
So I decided to buy this from AMAZON. NO doubt here I got very good deal and their customer support is too good. They also helped me a lot.
Before the delivery I registered a request to Panasonic for Instillation as well as Demo. Their service is so fast. I got delivery at 2:20pm. Just after delivery Panasonic Service Center called me and asked me to provide the tv details. I'm really impressed by their prompt service.
Any way A technician visited same day at evening and installed the component. I must say PANASONIC's after sales support is best.
TV colour quality is best in its class. Brand new model. Operation is smooth. And if want to see 1080p bluray movies it is awesome picture quality. So vivid. So nice. If anybody want to buy a new one so go for it.
After 8months Review: I'm cheated. Panel is not "Viera panel". Beware to buy it model. I posted a pic of my tv's inner panel.
Excellent picture and sound quality
by peter m on 2015-12-29
Recd this TV on 26th December just 3 days after placing order. Was amazon fulfilled in original panasonic packaging.
Was wall mounted within 24 hours after calling panasonic support.
Its a new model, so there are no reviews yet .... just placed my trust in the brand.
About this TV -
- good size for my living room which is 9 x 18 ... you dont need to go for the more expensive 32 inch if you are on a budget. Trust me ' this TV is not a compromise.
- sleek and looks good ... sturdy build quality ..... mounted 36 inches off the floor.
- very good sound that is clear even from a distance of 20 feet or more and even in the next room. This is one area where i was a little concerned as led's are known for low sound output owing to their thin bezel but panasonic seems to have worked around this problem.
- Picture quality is excellent when you adjust the brightness and contrast well.
- Price is extremly reasonable ... i paid rs 15326/- while local shops were quoting 19800/- for it after discount. Thats a huge difference.
- Sharp, panasonic, samsung and Toshiba were on my list but i went for this as it offered the best VFM.
- Sony is no better than the four mentioned above but terribly overpriced and i wasnt willing to pay a premium just for the name.
- Though remote is of good quality and sturdy, more thought could have gone into the placement of buttons. The most used ones are in inconvient locations. ( eg the toggle between channel last viewed is where the hash button would be on your old cellphone). The number pad should have been on the upper half where it would have provided better grip. The menu and other stuff not used often could have used the lower half.
- Its nit picking though, coz i use a Den remote that is much better designed, so i do not need the panasonic remote.... and in any case a set top box is compulsory from next year.
- one issue is the menu screen .... it covers 80 % of the TV screen making it difficult to adjust the picture settings... you can wait for an image to appear at the edge of the screen and pause the image .... this can be used to adjust brightness and contrast. In my old sharp TV, you got just one option on the bottom of the screen at a time... eg brightness, contrast, color and you could adjust very easily using a moving image or a news reader ( which i prefer ). Panasonic should reduce the size of the menu screen or provide an image or color bar to tune the picture. But once you're done you are ready to go ..... you wont need to do it again.
Tip - When adjusting the brightness and contrast, turn down the color completely and tune a black and white picture. Then add just as much color as necessary. Animal Planet is good to guage how much color you need to crank up...too much and it will look gaudy and unreal.
Bottom line - If you can adjust the picture and color as well as i have done or get someone to do it for you, this is one hell of a TV. Note that the defaut settings in all TV's are bad ... even the most expensive ones. Tuning is your job.
reply to the query from - "need info"
It doesn't seem like panasonic is concerned about where you bought it from. I just called them and gave them the seller's name (apptronics in my case) and they accepted without any question. The warranty card has a demo and installation coupon that the technician took with him. It also has 2 - 3 free service coupons that you can use, should you need it. So you can rest assured that panasonic will honor the warranty.
As far as charges are concerned, they asked me what the dealer had told me and I told them that I was told the installation would be done free of cost....they did not charge me anything. Panasonic's strategy seems to be - if the customer is willing to pay, then charge for installation, if not it's free. I think you get the picture !!!
by Amazon Customer on 2016-03-05
This led TV is very good...
Good screen size and Best Resolutions...
Sound quality is also perfect...
While playing HD movies, It gives best experience...
Slim sleek design...
Looks best when mounted on wall as well as when kept on stand...
I recommend everyone those who wish to buy Led Tv should buy This PANASONIC LED TV...
And it has best customer support too... :)
by Amazon Customer on 2016-02-10
by Amazon Customer on 2016-08-31
very poor packing & material total damage
No Inspection of dispatching material, quality not assured.
waste of Time & money.
by Amazon Customer on 2016-03-13
Its LCD TV with LED Backlit and NOT a LED TV.
Build Quality: Good
Picture quality: OK (Do for true LED TV if you have some more money)
Menu Design is not good.. while adjusting contrast/brightness/colour, the menu covers 95% of screen and you can not see / judge changes on realtime.. PATHETIC ... Panasonic please have a commonsense and correct it.
Sound quality: OK
by Manessa on 2016-02-03
Sound system is not good.
Getting echo effect...dialogues not clear....picture quality also not perfect
by Amazon Customer on 2016-01-17
Whether Panasonic charges for installation and accept warranty.Is this seller authorized to sell Panasonic products
View all 9 Reviews