by Saptak on 2014-09-14
I am looking to buy a big LED tv and this is one of my shortlisted product. I was going through the reviews and found baseless reviews mostly the reviews from 22/23/24 Aug-2014.
- This TV is not WIFI enabled.
- This is a plain vanilla TV. No internet(For the review that says this is the best internet tv)
- This TV has 1 usb as per the Panasonic website(For the review that says it has 2 usb. But i think this review was genuine but for a different product maybe)
- Panasonic website does not disclose the power rating of this TV.
This is in my shortlist as i do not need any additional features... and only for DTH. This is value for money LED.
Good but sound levels not so good
by Chaitanya S on 2014-06-04
Very light weight.
Wide viewing angle.
Picture quality is good.
Sound 'clarity' is good.
1) Though sound clarity is good, sound levels are inadequate comparing other TV models. This is because speakers are on the back side. Though sound level is partly dependent on the channel itself, in my 15 * 12 living room, I cannot hear news channel with sound level below 60 (out of 100). On an average, you have to keep sound level around or above 50. That's too low a volume. I am disappointed by the volume levels.
If you have elders at home and if they have hearing problem, don't buy this TV.
2) HDMI ports are at the 'rear' side. And this could be problematic if you are going to mount TV on the wall where space between wall and the rear side of TV is too low for any hand movement to plug/unplug HDMI cables. But this may not be a big problem because TV can be easily unmounted and it's light in weight.
3) Product is marketed as 'extra bright'. But you may not like that extra brightness. After some time, you may want a 'cool' picture effect. Worst of all is that after some time TV automatically turns bright.. This is extremely annoying ... To fix this, you will have to run some setup which is not mentioned in their user manual. I got to know about it when requested a call with Panasonic's technician.
4) I don't know if this is really a problem with the TV or the channel, but sometimes peoples' faces look too pinkish or red. But green color looks ok. So I am not sure if the problem is with the TV channel or the TV itself.
Good Video Quality , But Doest support much video Formats
by Manoj kumar on 2014-08-18
I did not buy this from Flipkart , the Super bright IPS panel was Awesome , I have to say it is better than much LED tvs . But , what is the use if this cannot play many Video formats ???
This TV play the Video formats normally , But only if the Size of the Video file is below 300 Mega Bytes .
I bought it from a shop by checking few videos formats i had in my pen drive and thought it can play all of these formats, But after bringing Home the TV , I tried Playing Some movies of size 2.5 GB and above in the supported format , but it failed . It was able to play the same format files of smaller sizes .
I brought my Portable hard drive to the shop and checked it with maost of the LED tvs available . Almost all of the TV were able to play all the movie files I had except for this TV . . . Hands Down for this Model
by Thejaswi Chikkaswamy on 2014-12-31
2 days after the purchase, the product stopped working due to power input loose contact. Panasonic engineer visited us to fix it, but the problem is back again within hours. Not pleased at all.
by Pankaj sinha on 2014-08-26
Chaitanya I am totally agree with your opinion. This is a perfect Tv with great specification but the sound quality is normal as compare to its specification.
Awesome LED TV. Great service by flipkart.
by Shantanu Hastak on 2014-12-23
I did a lot of research before deciding to buy this TV from flipkart. My criteria was
Budget constraint was the reason not to go for expensive Bravia from Sony and I feel investment in Smart TV will not yield me any convinience
This TV fit my criteria on all three fronts plus the discount I availed from flipkart was icing on the cake.
The wall mount stand comes out of the box free only from flipkart, not any other e-tailers.
1) Great viewing experience. Especially High Definition Videos.
2) Good sound. Not best but satisfies my needs.
3) Clutter free remote and UI.
1) Not so great viewing on SD channels. Well this is expected on 50 inch TV I guess.
2) A slight lag in processing of image with heavy pixels especially at conrners of TV
As always the delivery of flipkart was bang on time.
Verdict : Go for it if you want to buy a big non smart TV if you are constrained on budget.
Please rate the review if you find it helpful.
Pathetic TV & Pathetic Service
by Ashok Kumar on 2014-08-12
Bought it 40 days back, tv remote sensor is not functioning.. service people saying its a regular problem, need to change the main board. I will not recommend any of panasonic led tv after this miserable experience..
Before Buying Please Consider the Negative side
by Flipkart Customer on 2014-09-23
If you are Planning to watch Movies via USB Dont Buy this Total Waste of Money
I have 32in 2013 Panasonic LED TV it plays all format
by looking at 2013 models performance,
I bought this 42in 2 months back and now regretting cant see Blue-ray Rips :`(
Video File support is Very limited & only low file size is playable ( My Mobile supports more videos than the Panasonic 410D ... LOL ... :-P )
x264, h.264, Blue-Ray Rip not at all supported these are more essential Video formats (especially downloaded torrent files)
HDMI Ports are on the Rear Side ( Zero sense of Ergonomics while designing) its very Difficult if its Wall mounted your HDMI cable will have all time under strain due to less gap between TV & Wall
Only 1 USB Port ( even Micromax TV offers more Ports Than Panasonic )
Remote Control signal is Very weak you have to aim the TV
Picture Quality is Good & Really Bright panel but useless since above mentioned Negative features override & Ruining everything
I don't recommend this to any one.
Excellent Video Quality and very good connectivity
by Binoy K on 2014-08-18
I bought this from a local shop and must say i made a good choice.If you need a real HD experience the TV must be atleast 42".The super bright LED panel is really good.Also this is a backlit LEd model which can be customized.Colurs are real and not exagerated like some other brands.I could get the actual setting required in terms of colur,tint ,backlight sharpness and all.Am using a pendrive with full blueray rips 1080i and 6.1 channel sound around 2.5 gb and it plays like a charm.Since its not a smart TV with independent processor it takes a bit of time to read the pendrive.The connectivity options are also good.I chose IPS panel coz of the wide viewing ange and also the ability to withstand impacts .If there are small kids in your home choose ips panels.
WORST build quality ever
by Bharat Agrawal on 2015-05-17
I bought this TV looking at the price and 50 inch on 12 oct 2014. The TV first went kaput around new year ever, it took them greater than 1 month to repair that that too when I started calling all of their officers personally and yelling at them. Now comes may 2015, my TV has gone kaput again and now I don't know what will they do for this.
For any prospective buyer for PANASONIC, I would seriously recommend them against it. The picture quality is bad, build quality worse and service is pathetic. If you want to go through a hell ride surely do buy this TV and if you are a peace loving man buy something(read anything) else.
View all 31 Reviews