Great buy! Worth the price and good shopping experience!
by Ashwin K on 2014-05-26
About my TV buying experience from Flipkart:
Had gone to some stores to see the demo of some models ( Sony's 40W900a, Samsung 40F6400) and in one shop, they convinced us to purchase Samsung 40H6400 - which was the latest 2014 upgraded model of the older 40F6400.
I immediately checked the price on Flipkart on my mobile and it was around 2k less than the final price the shop owner was ready to give us.
So decided to try via Flipkart!! Luckily on this day, there was an offer on Flipkart for this particular model since it was newly introduced by Samsung.
Called them up a couple of times and they convinced me that buying from them was a safe option. Plus they have a 30 day replacement warranty which normal shops don't offer, and they ensured that delivery and installation(from the brand) will be followed up and done.
1. TV was delivered within 24 hours of placing the order - as promised.
2. Delivery guys were very professional and even refused to take tips after dropping off the TV
3. They booked the installation appointment with Samsung, SMSed me the appointment number and followed up till they installed it. No headaches in this aspect!!
4. The box contained all the items that was promised during purchase ( many of us are apprehensive about buying big electronic products online due to such things right? )
5. We asked Samsung's installation guy to do a wall mount and he did not charge extra for the wall mounting bracket - which is not part of the box (surprising as I had expected him to charge around 1.5k for this !!) - And he did a good job of it and was courteous and professional.
About the TV itself:
1. 3D clarity is really good. The option to convert normal signal to 3D also works pretty well !!
2. Very happy with the inbuilt Wi-Fi. I have an Airtel broadband with a 4Mbps and 40 GB data limit plan - and the TV is able to stream HD videos very well with this!!
3. The Smart remote, which is only a little bigger than a mouse is really amazing. The touch pad on it is very handy and has probably redefined the concept of a remote. I'd rather call it a Smart mouse now :)
4. Smart features work really well. The Youtube app streams very well. The model supports software upgrade and has many inbuilt apps.
5. The browser supports multiple tabs and we are able to stream and watch videos from websites like watchseries, gorillavid, etc. You just need to wait for the web-page to load completely before clicking on the next link. There is no pop-up blocker, so pop-ups tend to crash the browser sometimes. But can live with this. Maybe another software update will have a fix ;)
I still dont have a cable connection, so have been using the browser extensively.
So overall, purchase experience of buying a TV from flipkart was good.
And I am really enjoying the TV as well (hoping it doesn't turn out to be a lemon later on!!! )
Also, with the 2k I saved, I bought a voltage stabilizer for the TV (V-Guard Crystal Plus as recommended by Samsung technician) - again from flipkart !!
Not satisfied with the product
by Seethal Prasad on 2014-08-29
Looks like there are some issues with the TV display. When we watch any channel(HD or SD), the camera moment for a scene shown on the tv is shaky. This is clearly visible when we watch any action movie where there rapid moves from scene to scene. Not sure if this is because of TV being 3D..
When Demo person came for installation , then only i have noticed the issue but he told that we have to view proper HD contents to get the proper viewing. But after 1 week of watch , we observed that there are more such issues.
Called to customer care, and samsung person visited to look in to the issue, he told that all the LED/LCD tv's have similar issues.
Wanted to exchange the product but FK customer care told that is not possible.
Now with no other options, we are watching TV with issues only. :-(
Not sure if it is my bad luck to get the TV which has issues, or the issue is general with all LED's :-(
So , guys, please visit showrooms and watch contents on different TV's before planning to purchase.
by Tapabrata Das on 2015-01-02
It is the best 32" TV you can buy at this price point (39.5K). I compared with other manufacturers and decided to stick with Samsung as I found LG 3D TV to be quite dull compared to Samsung. The contrast on LG is not as good as it is on Samsung.
Now coming to this TV's pros and cons.
1. Picture quality is great in both dark and bright rooms. Amazing contrast and color. 720p and 1080p content looks amazing. Micro Dimming also enhances the picture quality.
2. Smart features are good.
3. Audio is pretty good. No complains. However, to get a better experience, plug in a 2.1 speaker system or a home theater system (preferably 5.1) if possible.
1. The Motion Plus feature on the TV ruins the movie watching experience. The TV imposes motion interpolation algorithms which try to make the frames look smooth but you will detect discontinuities in between which will ruin the experience. My advice is to set Motion Plus to off for movies or normal content. (Menu->Picture->Picture Options->Motion Plus->Set to off)
Seethal Prasad (one of the reviewers), I do not know if you can see this but I think what you described as your problem seems to be caused by Motion Plus. Try turning it off and see if the problem is resolved. I would request Flipkart to kindly let him know of this so that his problem can be resolved.
Overall a very good TV. 100% recommended.
Now coming to Flipkart.
1. Price - Awesome price (39.5K with Standard Chartered offer). Best price I could find (lowest price in brick and mortar stores was 44.5K).
2. Delivery - I ordered on 25th December and it was delivered on 29th December.
3. Installation - Buyers, please note that Flipkart sends it own installation person and is not a Samsung Authorized Engineer. I refused the person from Flipkart to install the TV. I contacted Samsung Customer Care and let them know of my purchase. They were courteous enough and took my request for Installation. Samsung Authorized service engineer visited the next day and installed the TV as per my requirement free of cost. He also gave me a demo of the TV and explained me all the features. He also took pictures of the serial number on the back of the TV and the invoice to register the product in their database.
Kindly note that when you receive the TV, check and make sure it is made in India. If not, warranty will not be valid and installation from Samsung will be chargeable.
by SAURAV PANDEY on 2014-09-14
I purchased this television a week back and i would like to review the television as under
1. Awesome clarity.
2. Intuitive remote.
3. Best active 3D with no cross talk.
4. Soap opera effect can be turned off easily and the Auto Motion Plus feature can be used for viewing sports.
5. Plays all most all audio and video formats.
6. Gets connected to all most all devices without any hassle.
7. Bezel is quite narrow and the design is attractive.
8. Web surfing will change the experience of internet use.
9. Samsung apps are easy to use.
10. The picture modes and sound modes will suit any input.
1. The voice command still does not perform as desired even though the language settings can be changed to India English.
2. The sound output lacks bass.
Samsung is selling repaired TVs, calling them New!
by Mayank on 2014-11-03
I bought a Samsung TV which started giving me problems soon after I bought it. Eventually, it was discovered that the dealer had sent me a second hand TV after repairing it.
All that Samsung did was extend the warranty by 6 months and refused to take any action against the dealer, replace my TV or refund my money.
Amazing Product (Highly recomended)
by Rahul Pokharikar on 2014-11-09
I bought this product from the Samsung dealer.(not from flipkart). This is a Full HD LED Smart TV its Just Awesome. It is a 48 inch 3D TV and the screen quality is very good. I got this product @ 92000 with the Skype Camera free(worth 6000). At this price this is the best 3D TV because i think in other samsung models they've increased the price just by making them a bit slimmer and shiny. This TV has a Quad core processor and has all the features of SMART TV. For those who are confused whether to buy a 4K TV or FULL HD LED TV...i must tell you that 4K content is not available easily to watch (specially in India). This TV is best buy at this price.
Highly recommended...Highly recommended...Highly recommended...!!!
Good TV but not delivering to Chennai
by Azhar Srini on 2014-08-17
Awesome features for this price range. Quad processor, oh man every one should go for it. I planned to buy it, it shown as product will be delivered by 4 days but when i clicked on buy now, hahaha it shown item cannot be delivered to your location 600113.
I got this smart giant from local dealer Vasanth and co in Chennai for 49K(flipkart 45K).
1. Nice design
2. 2D to 3D is very muuch usefull
3. Smart feature are very smart
4. Browsing is very responsive, but not that user friendly as Laptop or PC
5. Touch Remote is awesome
1. It automatically do all pairing with DTH setup box, good feature
2. Internet connection is way 2 simple
3. All other connection features works better
1. Good glass, easy to connect, setup and pair
Touch Remote - Awesome, may be some people may feel discomfortance. But people who uses mouse day to day will find it very much friendly. Remote works on bluetooth so we get good range of distance
1. Has some good apps and videos, other stuffs as well
After using them for 3 months
Worst display for 50K tv, never go for this.
Display will flicker with different colors, i applied for warranty and got changed now things go smoother
black dotes in led after three months of use
by gautam sharma on 2014-10-11
as i am using this led some black spots are getting out. when screen is white these spots are seen clearly.Samsung is all ready refuse to service on line buyers. flipkart is also not responding. i don't know what to do.
by Sharib Ather on 2015-02-21
Well I will start with the price of the product. 38K for a 32 inch 3D Smart TV from a company like samsung, well anyone will go for it (I got this price after exchange of my 11 yrs old CRT TV & 10% HDFC back Crdt Card offer). The same TV was costing me around 48-50k with the local dealers in Kolkata. Flipkart gave me a good 2000 for my CRT TV which I was almost double of what the other sites or local TV dealers were offering.
Now coming to the Delivery:
I ordered the TV from my Mobile App on 12/02/15 at 10:30am and it allowed me to choose a delivery date from 13th, 14th or 15th (TV will be delivered on whichever date I select from these 3 days), now that was quite a vide range of options for product delivery.
Anyways, I chose to get the TV on Friday the 13th second half.
To my surprise 13th morning at 8:30am I got a call from Flipkart that the product was ready for delivery and if I was ok if the product is delivered in the 1st half of the day (they also explained that if I agree to an early delivery that will give them enough time to get the installation done on the same day). Once I agreed, the TV was delivered to my doorstep by 11am (in only 24 hrs of placing an online order).
The old TV was taken by them without asking a single question. (The entire process of exchange was smooth and fast).
Same day by 2pm i again got a call, this time from Samsung, confirming my purchase and took details for installation.
3pm the Samsung executive came to my house, unpacked the TV, installed the TV on wall mount and have us a quick demo on TV. He also took a photo of the TV serial number, entered details on the warrenty card and took a copy of the Flipkart invoice for updation in samsung database.
Now here I come to the only negative of my review which I could find:
ONCE THE TV WAS UNPACKED IT HAD ONLY 1 SMART REMOTE IN THE BOX, UNLIKE WHAT WAS MENTIONED IN THE WEBSITE (THE STANDARD REMOTE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACK ANYMORE).
ON ASKING THE SAMSUNG EXEC, CAME TO KNOW THAT SAMSUNG HAS STOPPED PROVIDING 2 REMOTES ALMOST A YEAR BACK.
I WOULD REQUEST FLIPKART TO MODIFY THE "IN THE BOX" PRODUCT DETAILS SO THAT CUSTOMERS HAVE A CLEAR PICTURE OF WHAT THEY ARE BUYING.
Finally the TV:
After operating the Smart remote I can not complain as to why the standard remote is not included, it is so simple, easy to use and customer friendly.
The TV itself is very easy to navigate, with awesome picture quality.
I have read reviews on this TV talking about black not being black enough and all that technical stuff. Personally speaking I was very satisfied with the picture quality and customization available in the TV for the user.
Yes, Sound is not one of the best you will get. But it was more then OK for me and i am quite satisfied with the sound quality too....(adding a 5.1 speaker will make this point unworthy).
Have played few HD movies and also converted normal 2D content to 3D and the 3D really looks good if you can adjust the settings to your taste.
The 3D glasses provided with the TV needs to be handled with care as it might easily break if not taken care off. Also buying that 3D glass for 3K extra seems to be a bit expensive (2 pair of glasses are already included in the box).
The smart features and APP speeds in the TV are like OkOk only. But I have a Smart Phone in Sony Xperia and I hardly need to use the APPs on TV other than some Youtube and casual Games just for the sake of trying it.
Well getting a TV installing within 36 hours of purchase online just amazed me.
Reviewing it after a week of TV watching experience did not change my views and expectations, that I had at the time of buying, makes me feel good.
Watching India making it 6-0 on 15/02/15 in a new TV was just relaxing.
The only 1 thing left unexplored for me is Gaming (the very reason I decided to replace by CRT TV with a Good LED TV). But that is a topic of a different ocassion. Will write about that in a different article when I am a proud owner of a PS4 soon (hopefully).
With an awesome price of 38K it its a must buy for people who are looking for something similar.....That is it from a always satisfied Flipkart customer and a new Samsung customer. Points and views from a common man and not a technical critic.
A great 40-inch LED TV, Value for Money, Very easy to setup
by Sujay Sarma on 2014-09-08
I saw several videos of this TV (actually of its predecessor 2013 model as well) on YouTube. Everything I saw in those videos made sense and appealed to me and that is how I finally locked on to the Samsung 40H6400 model for a buy. Now for the review, I opted NOT to use the manufacturer's installation and did it myself, so here is the FULL lowdown --
UNBOXING EXPERIENCE: Amazing, simple, untuitive (caution while pulling out TV from box, remember it is large)
HOOKING IT UP: Simple, efficient, minimal effort. No manual required. You need to get your own Antenna, Component, HDMI and Ethernet (if wired) cables.
CONFIGURATION: Has Setup Wizard, easy. Skip WIFI setup at first start (do it later) if you need the MAC ID for security configuration.
VOICE CONTROL: By default set to "UK English", change it from Menu to "India English" and works fine after that.
UNIVERSAL REMOTE: IR Unit provided lets you control additional set top box, DVD player, etc with TV's remote.
3D: Two pairs of 3D (powered) glasses, button cell batteries included. Great 3D conversion, tested with all kinds of channels.
TV display is clearer for HD channels on the whole and not so clear for SD (blocky display at same distance). Great audio, good Smart TV and 3D experiences. Go for it!
View all 32 Reviews